Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Unofficial OSW owners thread (aka osw owners share your pics)

338 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Anthony A. said:

What differences have you found between the sparco vs omp?  They look almost identical.

The OMP is officially the Audi R8 GT3 steering wheel, so thats cool. It is very firm, and very "tight" feeling. The sparco feels wider, despite the fact it is the same width, but this is not an issue because the Sparco feels more nimble, and maybe a tiny bit lighter. The sparco feels a tiny bit thicker, and if you like a slimmer wheel, the OMP felt great. I think that was the best part of the Kubic. It felt small, it handled super tight like a small wheel would, and the firmness of the suede covered grips made it feel VERY stable and i guess, just tight. lol. 

The sparco, oddly is my favorite of the two. The suede on the Sparco feels slightly higher quality. As i said above, the wheel "feels" lighter and perhaps it is more nible, but less "tight" when compared to the omp kubic, because the grips are softer on the sparco it would seem. The comparison was not back to back. 24 hours between. So take this with a grain of salt. I LOVE the T310 kart version of the sparco. look up precision sim engineering and you'll see the t310...which is no longer being made...except for Bodnar, whenever he wants one, they make it. BS to me. So the P310 will do fine for now. overall the sparco made it a little bit easier to drive for 40+ minutes in a race, and if you get a slick button plate like the PSE wheels, they looks suuuper sick. 

My secret to my large rim collection is the fact I much prefer used rims, l often snap great wheels off ebay - expecting a red T310 delivery on Monday. Was £48 with shipping, so very pleased with that. Used racing wheels, while costing 1/3 - 1/2 of original prices, give same feel/functionality and a bit of history and a character. Plus I usually make them "used", when bought new soon enough anyway

21st rim now, but ill prbably sell my unused fanatec Flat1 to keep it at a neat 20 :), although am bidding on another good omp rally rim in an hour :P 

My secret to my large rim collection is the fact I much prefer used rims, l often snap great wheels off ebay - expecting a red T310 delivery on Monday (EDIT: apparently P310, as T310 has kart bolt pattern, while P310 is fully sueded with 70mm PCD, GT rim). Was £48 with shipping, so very pleased with that. Used racing wheels, while costing 1/3 - 1/2 of original prices, give same feel/functionality and a bit of history and a character. Plus I usually make them "used", when bought new soon enough anyway

21st rim now, but ill prbably sell my unused fanatec Flat1 to keep it at a neat 20 :), although am bidding on another good omp rally rim in an hour :P 

On 3/19/2016 at 7:49 AM, frapster said:

My secret to my large rim collection is the fact I much prefer used rims, l often snap great wheels off ebay - expecting a red T310 delivery on Monday. Was £48 with shipping, so very pleased with that. Used racing wheels, while costing 1/3 - 1/2 of original prices, give same feel/functionality and a bit of history and a character. Plus I usually make them "used", when bought new soon enough anyway

I truly hate you. How did you find a red t310? How much would you part with it for? Or in exchange for what? Can you see why im trying to find one? NEED RED!56f0001d07a7f_IMG_20160319_1831222.thumb

Wait a minute...its not this one is it?

Screenshot_20160321-091207.thumb.png.706

If so, that's actually a p310. 

THIS is the t310:

Screenshot_20160304-201037.thumb.png.237

ehehe, just monitoring ebay for rims several times a day, with followed searches.
P310.thumb.JPG.eadb696b024ad54b67ace7bc0
Not sure (yet) if I'd be willing to part with it, as it definitely fits my collection type and I like special colours, and I doubt if you had the same in black, for example, it'd be worth your while to do the whole exchange process

pretty certain it's p310 though, as only T310's pics I see on google are with kart PCDs
t310.jpg.cb12af6ffcafa95d4faa8bdc6e396c8

We have now also started cutting custom aluminium button box enclosures. Guaranteed ZERO flex no matter how strong your OSW wheel is... 

We will be offering carbon fiber front & rear plates.

This "as cut" sample has 50mm (Q1R) & 70mm bolt parts and will be powder coated black.

Mod27C-Enclosure.JPG

I'm pleased to say the button plate kits are almost ready...

Option 1

• Front & rear plate in aluminium or stainless & aluminium stand offs. Carbon Fiber plates on request

Option 2

• Front & rear plate in aluminium or stainless & 1" aluminium enclosure

Optional kit add on's

• Economy buttons
  • Knitter button
  • CTS encoders, knobs

MomoButtonPlate-1.jpg

MomoButtonPlate-2.jpg

I thought I would share some electronic parts information, for OSW owners planning on build a button plate.

Below shows CTS encoders, knitter switch & POV hat switch.

HighQualitySimParts-3.jpg

The POV hat switch is an awesome small piece of engineering, so I just had to take a closeup.

HighQualitySimParts-6.jpg

I have always used knitter switches for my high end button plates, I just ordered some NKK switches to compare the difference. Below shows NKK large collar, small collar & knitter small collar.

HighQualitySimParts-5.jpg

Knitter switches are known for being extremely hight quality but very expensive. They have a nice feel and positive click.

The NKK switches are similar high quality and a firmer click and sound. Both are awesome.

Finaly made my order yesterday for a complete kit from tomo at simracingbay. Seems like a realy Nice guy. Small mige Ioni hc pro

Just need to Get a wheel. Realy like the sportsline jimmy has but cant seem to Find it in europe. And shipping is 70usd from US ?

Realy looking farward for it to arive just hope my T500rs pedal adapter arive soon aswell (84 at the list on protosimtec soon need the other until its my turn)

I will try do that. Its not easy when you Get things like that ? 

Contacted sportsline.it to see if i can Get a  sportline competition rim her in europe. Maby its just me that aint any good with Google atm bit cant find it. And i have to say i love how it look ? Dam you jimmy ?

3 medium size boxes arived at my house one houre ago ? What can it be ??

just need to recive my q1r quick releases.  Momo mod 27. Omp targa and my pedal adapert. 

Realy hate this ? Whant to try it out now ?