Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Unofficial OSW owners thread (aka osw owners share your pics)

338 posts in this topic

I enjoyed the video and thanks for the AC settings :smile:

While we're at it, are you on GSC as well and if yes, do you have some settings for that as well?

Cheers

Unfortunately I don't have GSC so can't help with that =/. I will probably be trying to get some settings for Dirt Rally next though. 

I revisited pcars last night. It was frustrating just as it was last time, even more so after playing R3E with the proper settings dialed in. No matter what settings I've tried in pcars, (believe me im no stranger to setting up the ffb) whether they're reccomended from osw veterans, or other members, or my own tweeks, the force feedback feel never feels right. I think that game has run its course for me. The lack of "feel" in pcars becomes evident when playing it right after other games. R3E and AC will likely be my go-to games when im not in the mood for Iracing. Maybe il try gsc

Pcars' feel is definitely disconnected, just like the Shift games. That's really no surpise, but don't mention that fact around Pcars fans!

You're in for a treat with GSCE if you haven't tried it. Best FFB and best single-player racing around with the best continuing development, in my opinion.

Here ya go.

Notes: this will make sense once you watch.. Some corrections from the video regarding things I said / meant to say:

A person CAN drift a car in real life if they are good enough, but not likely through the corner called "madness" at mid ohio.

What i refer to as Realistic force feedback refers to how well it communicates the cars behavior on the track, not how accurate it is to real life.

The tripples screen setup you see pictured does not look nice with R3E because there's no way to tell the game what angle they're positioned at.

Enjoy the video. I ramble a bit, And I even had to pause recording to take a call, so please bare with me. I didnt have much time yesterday to make this video.

Never played RaceRoom before. Question: Why did you add those extra effects on your wheel? Was the raw FFB not "accurate" enough for this game? I played rFactor 2 and used only raw FFB which is very realistic to me on my AF wheel.

They're fun. I'm not really trying to have r3e to be a sim. Its more of a driving game that I enjoy when I'm not focused on Iracing. R3E is good with or without the effects. The effects don't alter the feel of the ffb much.

They're fun. I'm not really trying to have r3e to be a sim. Its more of a driving game that I enjoy when I'm not focused on Iracing. R3E is good with or without the effects. The effects don't alter the feel of the ffb much.

thanks. No wonder the game offers that many extra effects on the wheel, leads me to doubt how good they FFB models. AC did too but not that many as...

Big new guys. I'll be retiring from sim racing altogether, at least for a year or so. this means Eveything you see in that video is getting sold in the coming months. OSW, Rig, Monitors. Oculus, PT1 pedals, etc.  I'll be moving soon. Not far, but it'll require some unfortunate sacrifices. Everything is going bye bye, and if I want to return to this wonderful hobby, I'll be starting all over. PM me if you're interested in a Lenze OSW Kit from Dennis Reimer and want a head start before it goes on public sale in the forums and ebay. 

Cheers fellas. Hopefully I'll be back online in iracing and other sims at some point in the future. 

@Jimmyhigh - Sorry to hear you are leaving us, I have really enjoyed your contributions from opening of boxes to your excited driving vids.  Thanks for sharing.

As I've just taken delivery of a Lenze from Dennis, I'm sure we'd all appreciate if you are able to share settings.  Would love to get AC going myself.

@Aqib - Will try your AC settings for my Lenze.  Just got mine yesterday, tried in AC, and upon start got a crazy wheel thing going on which made me reach for the e-stop.  I've been told by dennis to disable center spring, but dont know if that is an in-game or MMOS setting, I've looked.  Can you help?

All the best Jimmy!

@Aqib - Will try your AC settings for my Lenze.  Just got mine yesterday, tried in AC, and upon start got a crazy wheel thing going on which made me reach for the e-stop.  I've been told by dennis to disable center spring, but dont know if that is an in-game or MMOS setting, I've looked.  Can you help?

Hmm I will have a look this evening. Don't think I have disabled any spring settings so will have a dig around for it. I have amended my settings above. I said desktop effect when I meant user effect.

What car are you driving by the way? The road cars actually feel great with desktop or user effects turned off as they tend to get much less oscillations.With the Lotus Exos I cant even drive the thing without oscillations no matter what settings I use 

You just have to set the drop down to off. I was running the 458 s3 last weekend and I had overall filter set to 3, damping filter set to 64 and desktop and user effect set to off and it felt pretty good. 

What TBW setting are you using in Granity? I found setting it to 330hz felt the best and not too chatty. Have a play around with the setting and hopefully you can get it working. 

Hi Aqib,

Getting there with a little help from Dennis. Iracing is now good after tweaking some settings.

Howeve AC is where my heart is at the moment! Would you mind posting a screenshot of your AC advanced settings? Thanks.

Hi Aqib,

Getting there with a little help from Dennis. Iracing is now good after tweaking some settings.

Howeve AC is where my heart is at the moment! Would you mind posting a screenshot of your AC advanced settings? Thanks.

Be sure to give the "enhanced Understeer effect" a try too. I like it with the AccuForce.

Hey aqib, got AC up and running with my Lenze and loving it! The ffb feels more sophisticated in AC than in iracing. Need to play with settings as the wheel weight is too much, but feels so smooth and fluid, no matter what car I choose. Thanks so much for sharing settings!

How are you finding your Lenze in iracing? In the mx5 it feels lovely. But moving to more powerful cars it feels notchy to me.

On another note has anyone seen the new AKM motors available from Dennis.... 38NM torque from the AKM54 ... Madness :shock:

I asked him for quote (just the motor without the Argon controller) and it was 1629 EUR without VAT and without shipping...So with VAT and shipping well over 2000 EUR. Not sure what's crazier - the price or the torque lol.

Think I might be looking at the IONI Pro HV when its available to get the Lenze running at 29NM. 

On another note has anyone seen the new AKM motors available from Dennis.... 38NM torque from the AKM54 ... Madness :shock:

I asked him for quote (just the motor without the Argon controller) and it was 1629 EUR without VAT and without shipping...So with VAT and shipping well over 2000 EUR. Not sure what's crazier - the price or the torque lol.

Think I might be looking at the IONI Pro HV when its available to get the Lenze running at 29NM. 

wait what, this is confirmed for sure bud?

hmm. Order may have to change..

Guess that will never end. There's always something new, better, more powerful and...more expensive coming up :)

I was doing some work on a hot oil skid the other day and there's a pretty big electric motor on it (2-3 times the length/diameter of my Lenze). The motor was not energized and it's shaft was not connected to anything so I was curious and turned it by hand and noticed apart from its inertia due to its weight literally no resistance. It was absolutely smooth.

I don't know much about motors, but I don't think it's a servo motor. However, my Lenze feels very different when off power - there's a sort of smooth, not perfectly regular notchy feel when you turn it by hand.

Can be perfectly normal and disappear when turned on...I simply don't know. I mentioned before my box was treated pretty roughly during shipping and I must admit there is a tiny bit of concern that this may have caused damage. So my question is, how does your Lenze feel when you turn its shaft when turned off?

Cheers

Yeah the AKM 54 from Dennis is 3000 Eur which is 500 eur more than the lenze kit...  Or the AKM 52 which is 2799 eur.  If you have the lenze on order then definitely worth looking into changing your order imo.

I confirmed with Dennis the AKM 54 can run at 38nm with the argon and you can upgrade from the lenze kit to the AKM motor with just sending Dennis some details about your current wiring.  

I don't know much about motors, but I don't think it's a servo motor. However, my Lenze feels very different when off power - there's a sort of smooth, not perfectly regular notchy feel when you turn it by hand.

Can be perfectly normal and disappear when turned on...I simply don't know. I mentioned before my box was treated pretty roughly during shipping and I must admit there is a tiny bit of concern that this may have caused damage. So my question is, how does your Lenze feel when you turn its shaft when turned off?

Cheers

Mine has that same smooth notchy feeling when turned off as well Thirsty.  Nice and smooth once it is turned on. 

I'm wondering if there is that much difference in the 2 motors though or if it's more of a personal choice thing.  I haven't really seen a comparison of the two  yet so hopefully once a few more people try both we will hear about the comparisons.  

Mine has that same smooth notchy feeling when turned off as well Thirsty.  Nice and smooth once it is turned on. 

I'm wondering if there is that much difference in the 2 motors though or if it's more of a personal choice thing.  I haven't really seen a comparison of the two  yet so hopefully once a few more people try both we will hear about the comparisons.  

Cheers for your feedback on this mate, it's reassuring to know that this is normal.

In regard to the AKM - Lenze comparison I obviously can't say anything at all. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's not just a matter of better or not, but personal preference affecting a judgement on this.

Even if the AKM54 is a bit better, considering the price the Lenze is the limit for me at this point in time and I got no problem knowing that there's something maybe a little bit better around. That situation won't change anyway, because there will be always something better coming up at any point in time.

Not sure, but maybe the next big step will be on the software side of things. Simx' software package seems to be developed the most.

On the other hand I read setting that up is still a challenge, but that may be due to the motor they use. 

What I want to say is as an OSw owner it may be worth looking at sim wheels again at a point in time when there's a top quality servo available in combination with the Simcommander or a software which is even better than what's currently on the market. The safest bet seems to be looking at Simx in this regard, but we'll see what Fanatec comes up with when they are coming out with their dd wheel.

Just on the side, although I don't really expect Fanatec getting into the top high-end market, but considering what you get from Fanatec (V2 base & Porsche 918 rim) for 1000 bucks it's actually very difficult for me to imagine what a Fanatec base/rim combination worth 3000 bucks would be offering...it must absolutely amazing.

Maybe it's worth looking at the next major step in development instead of paying EUR600 more on a motor which is just maybe a tiny little bit better...just my opinion. :)

Cheers