Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Unofficial OSW owners thread (aka osw owners share your pics)

338 posts in this topic

Dennis Reimer announced a few weeks ago, that he want quit/reduce his OSW-involvement because to time consuming besides his fulltime job. So don´t wait for the small Mige and the 45 Lenzes left could be the last ones out of this source. I tried to convince him to do the opposite, but without success  :???:.  

That's pretty sad news, leaves no options except going full DIY route, what about support for existing owners.

I have kind of really zoomed in on the 300 mm OMP Trecento. Polyurethane version? I wonder if it´s not just "genuine leather" or fake leather like on the G27? It´s supposed to mimic leather feel anyway. It really fits my project of trying to keep prices down while maximizing performance (no flex). I am proud of myself! I sure has been oogling the momos and what not a lot ;)

Working on a solution for button plate and paddles. Wonder how many buttons you can realistically fit on a 300 mm rim like this while still leaving room for your hands for wild rallying or drifting.

I have kind of really zoomed in on the 300 mm OMP Trecento. Polyurethane version? I wonder if it´s not just "genuine leather" or fake leather like on the G27? It´s supposed to mimic leather feel anyway. It really fits my project of trying to keep prices down while maximizing performance (no flex). I am proud of myself! I sure has been oogling the momos and what not a lot ;)

Working on a solution for button plate and paddles. Wonder how many buttons you can realistically fit on a 300 mm rim like this while still leaving room for your hands for wild rallying or drifting.

I would think the PU vervion of the Trecento is like the T500 stock GT rim. I used to own it and figured that material is not for me - didn't like the feel of it at all.

For me the difference to the G27's fake leather is huge. That's the wheel I'm currently using and I'm perfectly fine with it.

The Trecento looks in real better than on pics I find. In profile the rim is ovally shaped (I really like that) and the leather is stitched. The Momo Mod 78 I got is quality-wise better, but that's roughly twice the price so I'm very happy with the Trecento. This is just after first inspection though - can say anything about wear as I haven't mounted it yet.

The size of it feels good to me, but that's not a surprise as I know it from the T500.

Her some pics of the Trecento:

post-10260-0-57685300-1438294536_thumb.j

post-10260-0-20240800-1438294916_thumb.j

post-10260-0-70527700-1438295022_thumb.j

post-10260-0-67902700-1438295064_thumb.j

post-10260-0-15327300-1438295107_thumb.j

Cheers

That's pretty sad news, leaves no options except going full DIY route, what about support for existing owners.

I inquired about that and he confirmed it. He said support for existing customers will remain.

So, I'm not concerned, but happy I got one  :)

I would think the PU vervion of the Trecento is like the T500 stock GT rim. I used to own it and figured that material is not for me - didn't like the feel of it at all.

For me the difference to the G27's fake leather is huge. That's the wheel I'm currently using and I'm perfectly fine with it.

The Trecento looks in real better than on pics I find. In profile the rim is ovally shaped (I really like that) and the leather is stitched. The Momo Mod 78 I got is quality-wise better, but that's roughly twice the price so I'm very happy with the Trecento. This is just after first inspection though - can say anything about wear as I haven't mounted it yet.

The size of it feels good to me, but that's not a surprise as I know it from the T500.

Her some pics of the Trecento:

attachicon.gifP1000704.JPG

attachicon.gifP1000706 lres.jpg

attachicon.gifP1000708 lres.jpg

attachicon.gifP1000709 lres.jpg

attachicon.gifP1000710 lres.jpg

Cheers

I have never tried the stock T500 rim just the rubber grips of the f1 integral, GTE and TX stock rim. Polyurethane should be a bit different then rubber. I think there is actually some leather mixed in in a lot of polyurethane wheels not sure how they done the "leather feel" on this one. Worst case I will just wear gloves :)

The usb plate is around 300$. 530$ including a momo mod 30.  There is good solid rims available for less then 100$ though if you don´t need big brand names so you definiatly don´t must to pay that much.

Still not cheap perhaps but not everybody have the DIY skills to do something of that quality. 

There is ways to cheapskate too and have a high functioning setup. I currently use a SRW-S1 as button plate on wheel. Rev lights and some 20+ buttons. Then you just need paddles plus a usb controller for them if you are not racing that much so you can survive on using a sequential or H-shifter. It put to much stress on my left elbow to constantly run that.

It really is a brilliant solution as long as you don´t see your cockpit as a work of art ;)

Any idea howto solve the paddle issue without requiring to much DIY if I would decide to stick with my SRW S-1. Ideally don´t want to have to learn soldering.

How do you contact Carsten Filmer?

I came across ascher racing website. Hes a big wig when it comes to add ons for the osw. Hes got paddle shifter add on that function with any usb circuit board. Maybe it could wire into that SRW-S1 of yours. Paddle shifters are the last cruisade for me while the osw is in transit.

The USB board must have the right connectors though. Dereks board will fit the Aschers but not Leo bodnars due to some matrix thingie.

I have found one other alternative. Ecci have some nice paddles. Though not sure if there is any USB control board that hook right up to it or what kind of adapter cables I would need.

If somebody find more alternatives to solve the paddle problem for OSW please shoot.

although more expensive, you could go with the Bodnar SLI-Pro or F1-SLI boards.  As well as having the LED's and display they are button controllers too.

My latest build will use the F1-SLI and I can connect the Martin Ascher shifters + Clutch paddles, rotary switches, rotary encoders and 12 other buttons to it.

F1WheelParts.jpg

@Simon: Thats the grips from the Fanatec rim right? Looks like that will be fantastic =)

Im waiting on my kit from Ollie with the small Mige, time has never ever moved this slow before hehe. I started building a new rig for my new OSW, I thought somehow that it deserves it hehe.

Its all done now and standing there waiting for the OSW.

17.jpg

Yes the grips are spares from Fanatec :)

Here we are with the design starting to get mapped out.

F1WheelV1.jpg

Wheel is 290mm wide. Will have Martin Ascher shifters and clutch paddles. I'm going to try and make the whole thing out of real, solid carbon fibre if I can. Also plan on mounting the SLI-F1 with inset frosted over the LED's and a red tinted filter over the displays, just like you get if you buy the Bodnar enclosure.

I hope that the extra diameter will make the wheel more suitable for most vehicles... It will be a cross between an F1, Indi and LMP wheel I guess.

Next challenge is how to introduce a couple of rotary encoders that can be easily thumb operated. The center rotaries will be 12 position switches. 

Way to go jimmy, I won't have mine for a while yet. Happy to hear though as reimers kit is top flight,

Sort of related. If anyone is sad about the lenze kits disappearing fear not.....I'm 99% sure how is going to have a big announcement soon. :)

I definitely plan to do a video of the unboxing, and maybe, if I can get it working, possibly live stream the entire evening, including mounting, driver install, and initial impressions. All of which will likely save to a file to re-stream.

Fear not, the remaining lenze kits have been scooped up from a guy who is close friends with Dennis on the iRacing forums. Last I checked he was located in the states. (Can't remember for sure though).

yes it is ^^   :)  Can't really see the monitor driving video because its washed out. You need to adjust the brightness. Your game audio over powers your voice a bit.

I love your excitement though!  

That sucker really shakes your entire rig and monitors around. 

Yeah, its still in need of separated monitor stand setup. A few more 8020 pieces and connecting brackets will fix that. I've done the lower brightness trick before when i shoot videos but in this case I was so stoked to drive I didn't prep as well as I should have lol