Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Unofficial OSW owners thread (aka osw owners share your pics)

338 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, frapster said:

I have a simucube/big mige setup and probably would still pick the same now

regarding very budget friendly Quick Release solution, if like me you have moire than 1-3 rims, this was my choice. yes, its simple and not as quck' but cost me hundreds less (for x4 of them) than the most popular in sims QR is and in terms of functionality its perfectly  good. works with mige shafts

http://simuhack.com/product/mige-130st-quick-release-2-3dqr/

Frapster, Do you have a link to your exact setup? I have a Q1R quick release that I have setup on a MoMo 30 that needs a OSW system. I also have a Fanatec CSW v2 wheelbase and Formula 1 carbon wheel that I just took delivery on recently and have yet to use and thinking I am changing my mind now, to late to return them. I should have waited and went full OSW. The thing is though is that to get a full electronics wheel like the Fanatec wheels cost big money from guys like Sam or can I get a universal button plate with USB from someone? 

@stevemontuno 

Hey Steve. I have to admit I am not an expert, but having done my research, the key factor for me chosing large mige was the 10k encoder and the obvious torque increment, but honestly I can't support my belief with any argument - just the conclusion I came to, after hours of reading.

the motor in its bracket is mounted directly to 2 Y-axis profile bars, that are mounted on the horizontal bars rack. Will attach pics in next reply

@challenger1 I don't, no, but I'll attach a couple of pics later, assuming you mainly mean my hubs/QR arrangement.

I chose Fanatec hubs and a rim conversion route, as i already had 3 hubs and f1 rim. So adding the linked above QR and adapters for the hubs and Formula rim was my option. 

You could also go with Ascher plateswith shifters, but that stuff is way out of my budget bracket, particularly because I already had so many fanatec things that worked in my ecosystem it was clear it would be cheaper to convert all.

Depends on your setup steve. Mine is very simple. two bars across one double-barrel bar, using bike seat clamps (same ones as in the QR system. Mine is 40mm, so similar and with OSW bracket fairly adjustable. If you can of course see in my pics, which are on the extreme opposite of being neat, as your rig is, so i apologise for anyone fainting looking at my cable management

20161221_092356_resized.jpg20161221_092318_resized.jpg20161221_091416_resized.jpg20161221_091131_resized.jpg

and these are for @challenger1

20161221_091840_resized.jpg20161221_091647_resized.jpg

@stevemontunoI'll have a look at my current DR FFB settings and take a screenie at some point later, though I still do tweak them sometimes, but roughly the ballpark I ended up in. I'm done with DR for now though, taking a break from it.

Depends on where you end up finding that perfect FFB ground, which isn't easy. Initial impression was day and night of difference, but having tuned it a bit to my liking, i guess it is a less profound difference now, but I want to try titles with proper DD ffb support first, similar to what I hear iRacing and AC have

I have an SimuCube / Small Mige and it works great with iRacing, AC, rF2, and Automobilista.

For Dirt Rally, I much prefer the AccuForce with SimCommander FFB; I've yet to find any settings that come remotely close using the OSW; same for R3E though. Going forward, firmware / software may solve some of those issues.

Hope all you direct drive wheel owners have a happy new year! 2016 was an awesome year for sim racers. 2017 already sounds like it'll be a spectacular year as well! With the upcoming release of GT sport, 2017 looks to be a homecoming of sorts for me, as my roots in sim racing stem from the GT franchise. I still miss the osw and ddl channel though. Until next time fellas. 

On 20/12/2016 at 11:20 AM, Aqib said:

If I was buying one now I would buy a Mige with 10K encoder with a Simcube. Currently I have a Lenze with an Argon but only because I got a really good deal second hand.

Small or Big Mige ?

Would have to be the Small one for me. I rarely go close to the 20nm power of the small mige.  I usually run at around 10-12nm with a formula wheel and around 15nm or so with a normal 300mm wheel and that is quite the workout by itself.  

10 hours ago, Aqib said:

Would have to be the Small one for me. I rarely go close to the 20nm power of the small mige.  I usually run at around 10-12nm with a formula wheel and around 15nm or so with a normal 300mm wheel and that is quite the workout by itself.  

F1 /GT / LMP car's running some sort of assisted power steering these day's

When looking for a F3 /Indy car type steering is the small Mige going to be enough ?

Would a Big Mige not be better and just turn down the amp's when not required.

For the little extra is the added headroom not worth having ?

I run 10-12nm with the Forumla Renault 2.0 in Iracing. Not sure if that is an F3 car or not. With the bigger motor you get less responsiveness and of course it is physically bigger as well. Just personally I can never see myself needing more than 20nm, 

1 hour ago, stevemontuno said:

Just ordered the small mige simucube kit with the Fanatec adapter from Tomo at simracingbay ,,,,, :)

Congrats Steve! That fanatec QR adapter would have saved me a couple of hundred quid, as well as many hours and days looking for other adapters etc, if it was around back when i was buoying mjy kit! Would have made the entire Fanatec->OSW ecosystem conversion a lot quicker and much more neat...

2 hours ago, frapster said:

Congrats Steve! That fanatec QR adapter would have saved me a couple of hundred quid, as well as many hours and days looking for other adapters etc, if it was around back when i was buoying mjy kit! Would have made the entire Fanatec->OSW ecosystem conversion a lot quicker and much more neat...

Cheers mate,,,,, yep it's a shame he doesn't sell them separate to his OSW kit's as i'm guessing he'd sell a bucket load of those,,, 

Any idea's how to sneak an OSW kit past the missus ? ,, lol

On 4.1.2017 at 3:28 PM, stevemontuno said:

Cheers mate,,,,, yep it's a shame he doesn't sell them separate to his OSW kit's as i'm guessing he'd sell a bucket load of those,,, 

Any idea's how to sneak an OSW kit past the missus ? ,, lol

I manage to do that no problem ? Just need to be home when she isent ?

But im so lucky my girl friend isent down in my sim room ever so is it in then its safe ?