Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 Your thoughts?

36 posts in this topic

Will there ever be a day when a PC sim racing title is simply plug and play with no issues.  Steam box has its work cut out.

Say what you will about iRacing but once you get to grips with the clunky UI it's a breeze to get up and running on pretty much any PC.

I fooled around with it for another 45 minutes yesterday and still have not turned one lap. Maybe as I get older I have less patience for this stuff but it should not be this difficult to setup a wheel and pedals. I'm thinking a refund request from Steam. I'm not confident at all they will fix this issues and others and I'm not willing to take apart my AF setup to install another wheel to play one game.

Motoman I have the same issues...setting up controls was a nightmare....I don't think I will get a refund from game store tho....I am well pissed with this game, your right ricky project cars is a walk in the park compaired to f1 2015.....

What issues are you having your wheels? Are you using more than 2 usb devices? I had the same problem when I was setting up my DFGT and Derek Speares pedals. I just had to unplug my button box and shifter. FFB is disappointing though.

The games is made for consoles I think..its a nightmare on pc. its got while tomoz to work or its going in the bin, back to Project Cars, Game stock Car and odd I Racing outings

Once I worked around it's problems, I've actually really enjoyed the last four hours doing some quick "test" races.

It actually has some brilliant features, only tarnished by some problems that will hopefully be resolved with patches in the following weeks.

...BTW, there was another patch released on Steam today.

If Codemasters can release F1 2016 next year without any major problems or bugs, I think it will be the title that everyone will want. They will carry over everything that's good about 2015, add the challenge and career modes back in, bring back the safety car, add other features, make some more improvements, and it will be a very impressive title. ...let's hope.

There are so many good details... Crew members that all look different, and even "match" the team they are on. Excellent animations (mostly Mo-Cap) of crew members during practice, qualifying, pre-race on the grid, and pitting. The stands are filled with fully animated, individual crowd members. The drivers are well modeled and animated, and the podium animations, complete with spraying champaign (carbonated rose water) is excellent. The damage model also seems to be quite good, and the added sounds when your aero is damaged (along with the change to the feel of the car) is a very nice touch. There's quite a few other things I could still add.

In the meantime, while waiting for patches, I've resolved these problems, and am really enjoying what 2015 does have to offer...

1. Brake Bug: With the default Thrustmaster TX controller profile, once I gained control of the car, the brakes would lock up. I changed the profile to custom, reassigned the wheel and pedals (and changed a few other things to my preference), and it works as it should.

2. No Force Feedback: Once I gain control of the car, I immediately pause, select replay, exit replay, exit the pause menu, and the force feedback works.

3. Reduce Jittery and Blurry Graphics: On my setup (with a 37" HD TV) I've found that turning on V-Sync significantly reduces the "glitchy" graphics.

4. Loss of Controller Settings: Before launching F1 2015, I must make sure the F1 rim is mounted on the TX wheel base. If not, disconnect the USB, attach the rim, reconnect, load and check the Thrustmaster control panel, then launch. Also, I must make sure my TH8A is in neutral, and that my Xbox One controller is disconnected.

For testing purposes, I set up 25%-long quick races (with practice and short qualifying) at Austria and Mexico. I set the AI to "Hard" so I could relax and focus on getting back into the "groove" of Formula 1 racing.

Racing as Hamilton at Austria, I had no problems, crashes, bugs, etc. I quickly out-paced the other cars by 2-3 seconds per lap, while only driving at about 80% of my ability (and making a few errors here and there). Even when running out of gas at the beginning of the last lap and puttering to the finish line, I still beat Rosberg by 13 seconds.

Racing as Vettel at Mexico was a lot of fun. The only glitch I experienced was not being able to shift out of second gear for the first hundred feet out of the pit lane (for the one pit stop). This might have been an "intentional" failure coded into the game. I could have easily beat them as I re-entered the track, but once I could shift again, I was on their rear wings, and I passed them at the end of the lap (most of them pitted), then I caught and passed the second-place car in the next lap, then I decimated Rosberg's four-second lead and passed him within the next two laps.

When I have more time to really get serious and focus on some full-length races and I'm "in the groove," I'll change the AI to "Elite." That's when I'll be able to evaluate what the AI is really like. On hard, they often brake unexpectedly, or drive slowly through some sections. I often bumped their back ends when we should have been streaming along at a good pace.

I have the game and have it set at the highest settings. I have removed the blur by manual editing the hardwaresettings config.xml and have installed a sweet FX 2.0 which makes the graphics looks sharper. (from racedepartment)

I managed to get my Accuforce and HE-pros working and als my simvibe setup and my GS4.

One keeps bugging me like hell and keeps me from playing the game:  

Even at ultra settings the LOD settings are way too low.  I can see groups of cars disappear and re-appear on track in the distance. I can also see the distance signs on the side of the track popup in front of me.

its got potential to be a veri enjoyable game if codemaster get there fingers out ov each other ass lol.my main gripe is everytime i come out ov pits i lose all my wheel weight completely making it unplayable,not even guna bother with it till they sort it which is a prayer.me personally hope some1 else takes the licience for coming years