Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1 2015 Your thoughts?

36 posts in this topic

Your thoughts so far?.....

I am ye to do a race i have done 1 lap but the blur is to much for my eyes and looks shite in my opinion it needs removing asap. But they have made a big improvement on the FFB and overall handling i think. It's just that bloody blur!!

So far I have not been able to get my AccuForce Wheel and HPP pedals setup and working. If I setup the pedals then go to do the wheel as soon as I turn the wheel to the right it deletes the throttle axis setting.

Haven't been able to turn a lap at all.

I read over on the iRacing forum there is a file to edit to remove the blur effect. If you don't have access to it let me know and I can look it up for you and post it here.

And so it continues, so far I've been reading of a lot of unhappy PC users....

In the past just getting the title to work on the PC requires endless tweaks for anything remotely satisfactory.  I gave up on this title after getting burned twice on the PC, it's really only good for consoles

My issues so far...

1. Crash at end of benchmark test

2. After quiting the game, Steam reports it is updating, but then reports an error that its' servers are too busy.

3. Default settings for Thrustmaster TX and F1 rim do not work--brakes are locked up in-game. Inverting the brakes setting doesn't fix this. Changed to "Custom" settings (with no reassignments), and it works.

4. No force feedback for the Thrustmaster TX at any settings.

Waiting for a patch.

I was hoping that Codemaster's efforts on Dirt Rally would indicate that F1 2015 might be improved.

With all the other complaints, reported bugs, and missing features, I'm quite disappointed.

I still have F1 2013 and 2014 on my PC... until Codemasters can get this worked out.

My issues so far...

1. Crash at end of benchmark test

2. After quiting the game, Steam reports it is updating, but then reports and error that its' severs are too busy.

3. Default settings for Thrustmaster TX and F1 rim do not work--brakes are locked up in-game. Inverting the brakes setting doesn't fix this. Changed to "Custom" settings (with no reassignment), and everything works.

4. No force feedback for the Thrustmaster TX at any settings.

Waiting for a patch.

I was hoping that Codemaster's efforts on Dirt Rally would indicate that F1 2015 might be improved.

With the t500 i had to use damper 3 in profiler then the FFB ,Environment effects and wheel weight around 80 - 100 in game.

Another year, another disappointment. This game is rubbish! for years I hoped codemasters was going to improve the game to be more sim like on PC. The physics and handling are SHIT! The FFB is horrible, and not to mention the engine sounds... I have said it for years, but think there are modders that make better F1 content than codemasters ever will, and they offer it for free!

I think Dirt Rally gave me false hope...

I also gave up on this series... the number of times my profile became corrupted and I lost all my progress meaning starting again in a low standing team.

I assume pits are still totally out of the drivers control... This bugs me and is also the one thing I don't like in P Cars... There is a lot of skill involved in visiting the pits.  One day I hope we might have a game where you can get a virtual team to make pitstop suggestions and you can communicate verbally with them to agree strategy.  There is loads more that games could do in the pits.

I've got some Codemasters' gremlins...

So I went back to F1 2014 to run a few laps at COTA. I did have some strange issue where it crashed a couple of times during the first CM logo screen, but then it launched. Everything worked great, there with full FF effects, etc.

Then I decided to try F1 2015 again, and concentrate on setting some good TT laps, even if I didn't have any FF whatsoever.

Other than the somewhat glitchy graphics, I really did like how the new physics model feels... even without the FF I could tell it is better.

But then at the end of the 8th lap, I SUDDENLY HAD FORCE FEEDBACK. I had set everything to 100%, and when it finally (and unexpectedly) "turned on," it took a moment to adjust. I was definitely getting the full force of the feedback system.

So I have no idea what caused that, and I'm about to launch F1 2015 again to see if the FF is still working, or if I have to run eight laps before it turns back on.

BTW, I have probably 20+ sims on this PC, very few wheel and FF issues with any other titles (if any), and this is the first time I've experienced anything like this.

I have an i5 system with 8GB of RAM, and an ASUS Strix GTX 970 (Project CARS looks amazing, iRacing is silky smooth).

Everything in F1 2015 is at "Ultra" and there's a lot of "jumpiness" and glitching with the hands, steering wheel, and ghosts. The tracks do have moments where everything looks good, but then it can suddenly look muddy and jumpy.

UPDATE: Apparently, each time I quit and restart F1 2015, I don't have force-feedback for the first few laps. This last time, it turned on at the beginning of the second lap.

...don't feed them after midnight.

I've got some Codemasters' gremlins...

So I went back to F1 2014 to run a few laps at COTA. I did have some strange issue where it crashed a couple of times during the first CM logo screen, but then it launched. Everything worked great, there with full FF effects, etc.

Then I decided to try F1 2015 again, and concentrate on setting some good TT laps, even if I didn't have any FF whatsoever.

Other than the somewhat glitchy graphics, I really did like how the new physics model feels... even without the FF I could tell it is better.

But then at the end of the 8th lap, I SUDDENLY HAD FORCE FEEDBACK. I had set everything to 100%, and when it finally (and unexpectedly) "turned on," it took a moment to adjust. I was definitely getting the full force of the feedback system.

So I have no idea what caused that, and I'm about to launch F1 2015 again to see if the FF is still working, or if I have to run eight laps before it turns back on.

BTW, I have probably 20+ sims on this PC, very few wheel and FF issues with any other titles (if any), and this is the first time I've experienced anything like this.

I have an i5 system with 8GB of RAM, and an ASUS Strix GTX 970 (Project CARS looks amazing, iRacing is silky smooth).

Everything in F1 2015 is at "Ultra" and there's a lot of "jumpiness" and glitching with the hands, steering wheel, and ghosts. The tracks do have moments where everything looks good, but then it can suddenly look muddy and jumpy.

UPDATE: Apparently, each time I quit and restart F1 2015, I don't have force-feedback for the first few laps. This last time, it turned on at the beginning of the second lap.

...don't feed them after midnight.

Same issue here! The wayy I get back my FFB before lap 8 is to go in the FFB setting at the beginning of the race then go back in the race, magic FFB is back :)

My thoughts on it are.. I like the new handling and FFB seems stronger than 2014. I also have every slider in the TM profile cranked up to 100. Had all the in game sliders at 100 as well.  After running some TT laps at Mexico I dropped the wheel weight to like 75.

I do think that they need to get their act together and can't believe that this is their 6th try and launch with some of the same bugs they've had in the past. Although the T300 with F1 wheel was recognized, I was getting the full brake bug and it was turning to the left automatically. Was about to give up and then I unplugged my button box and Th8 shifter and voila, it worked great. 

I want to try it with the accuforce but after reading motormans post above, I'll wait till they get out a multi controller patch. 

I"m have the same Controller issue... I have a T500 and HE Pros and too lose throttle when i map steering!!!!!!

Really annoyed with this and like most ppl had hoped that there would a big improvement based on Dirt Rally

Smudge

is it the same team thats working on dirt rally? i thought it was diffirent parts of codies

No apparently there are different teams within Codemasters. I also had to unplug my button box and shifter. It must only recognise two devices.

My thoughts on it are.. I like the new handling and FFB seems stronger than 2014. I also have every slider in the TM profile cranked up to 100. Had all the in game sliders at 100 as well.  After running some TT laps at Mexico I dropped the wheel weight to like 75.

I do think that they need to get their act together and can't believe that this is their 6th try and launch with some of the same bugs they've had in the past. Although the T300 with F1 wheel was recognized, I was getting the full brake bug and it was turning to the left automatically. Was about to give up and then I unplugged my button box and Th8 shifter and voila, it worked great. 

I want to try it with the accuforce but after reading motormans post above, I'll wait till they get out a multi controller patch.

What I have notice, if you make a custom profile instead of using the one selected by CM, the turn wheel is not here only the ffb bug.

Someone know how to max out distance display of the ai. They are disapearing at the end of a straight... and is there anything to see the water cloud behind the cars as the old titles did great (far better than this year)

I have heard that codemasters were going to introduce regular updates to keep up to date with the current F1 season, For example if Mclaren improve after summer break so will the car in the game. Is this true?

Put rig together fast to try F1 2015...im running two 980gtx cards sli so was expecting good graphics HOW WRONG COULD I HAVE BEEN.......CODEMASTERS YOU HAVE MADE A BALLS UP OF IT AGAIN.....