Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reiza Simracing Bonanza!

39 posts in this topic

Awesome!! I am in for $100. 

Personally I think Reiza Studio is one of the best game studios out there and I think they deserve the support.

I bought my copies of Game Stock Car and Formula Truck ages ago, and since then they are upgraded it to Stock Car Extreme, added a boat load of new cars and tracks all for free. If that was iRacing I would have paid well over $100 for the content which I got for free from Reiza and a lifetime subscription for rFactor 2 is $85. So for me it is worth giving back to a company who I really like. Game Stock Car has been one of my all time favourite sims and I am really excited that they are pushing it to the next level.

I also trust them to make a really good game. I am still annoyed about dropping full retail price in to Project CARS only to play it for a few hours before uninstalling it due to their crappy triple monitor support.

So yeah, I really like Reiza Studios and I am more than happy to back them in their new game.

Hey gang, I don't have this title but am curious as to what sets it apart from the other titles out there. I need another Sim like I need another gray hair! :)

But would still like to hear your input out of curiosity.

Thanks,

Bailey

It's basically the greatest rFactor 1 mod ever. The tracks are up tehre with iRacing standards IMO and the cars are a pure joy to drive. There's also a good selection of mods out there like CART Factor 1998 and the tracks they ran that season. Really awesome sim, and I did purchase it. ;-)

Hey gang, I don't have this title but am curious as to what sets it apart from the other titles out there. I need another Sim like I need another gray hair! :)

But would still like to hear your input out of curiosity.

Thanks,

Bailey

Just really solid physics and car handling. Tons of free quality content. They are always bringing out new cars and tracks.

It isn't the best looking game because it is based on the rFactor 1 engine, but they have pushed that engine so much further than ISI was capable.

It just feels really right if you know what I mean. Like you can't really put your finger on what exactly it is that makes it so good but everything just feels right.

The perk level that I signed up for comes with a free copy of Stock Car Extreme and Formula Truck, which I have both so I will be giving them away. If you still don't have the game the time they give out the keys then hit me up and I will give you my free copy.

I'm really close to doing the $50 to get a copy of the future game.  I have lots of trust in Reiza, always been impressed.  Can't wait to try rally cross and super trucks.

It's basically the greatest rFactor 1 mod ever.

They have the rights now to edit the "core" ISI engine (I believe sort of like, if not just like, the Raceroom guys, Race 07, Project Cars, etc.) so from now on it cannot be considered an RF1 mod, well as soon as any new bits of coding/programming get released into public builds. It'll only get better from now on, not in-terms of just content like has been the case so far, but in-terms of the "core" game itself.

I have just received an email a few days ago from Indiegogo in regards to the Reiza funding with my Level 5 donation, and it states the following...

Thanks to the 367 backers who together have funded 36% of the goal so far, we are very happy to confirm the following upcoming additions:

SuperV8 (for GSCE);

Mitsubishi Lancer Cup (for GSCE);

Montreal modern (for GSCE & FTruck);

Velo Cittá (for GSCE & FTruck).

...all I would like to have now is 'Bathurst' to go with the SuperV8...

Great news... i just donated $100 in support  :cool:

Free Reiza sticker baby yeah  :ph34r:

Same here. I donated $100 then gave away my GSCE and Formula Truck keys to members on this forum. Got to spread the Reiza love around

That campaign seems to be very well organised. There's plenty of information provided and it's very transparent as well - like it.

Yeah. It is a really well run campaign. They are sending out heaps of updates and sound really excited about the level of support. Here are the latest updates.

Updated 4 - SuperV8 sound teaser!

As previously confirmed, thanks to everyone who has already contributed we have already been able to confirm some fresh new content for Stock Car Extreme - one of which the much antecipated SuperV8. Listen to it roar!

All backers from level 2 upwards will enjoy early access to beta builds to try out the new content before official release. Should not be long now!

Look foward to further instructions as to how you can access beta builds in an upcoming update.

Update 5 - Tire pickup & flatspotting demonstration

A demonstration of some neat stuff we have been working on - tire dirt pick-up from running off track & flatspotting. Here you can see how these will cause visible damage to the tires and notice the actual physical effect of this damage,  as the flatspots provokes some violent vibration down the straights.

The depth of the flatspot on the tire is a function of the tire softness, load as well as how long it dragged along the road during the wheel lock-up. The tire will then round up again and the ride smooth out, as the rubber around the flatspot gradually wears off.

These functionalities are currently implemented externally and only for the player´s car - one of our goals with the campaign is to fully integrate them into the codebase for AI & multiplayer to bring the dynamics of tire management & behavior to another, far more realistic level.

Speaking of dynamics, we´re also pushing to confirm another fundamental element of real racing into our list of coding goals within the campaign´s budget - watch this space!

Since there is no such thing as too much goodness, this video also gives a glimpse of our new modern Montreal track - already confirmed as future free additions for both Stock Car Extreme & Formula Truck thanks to all those who already contributed with  our crowdfunding campaign!

That V8 Supercar sounds glorious. 

And I can't wait for the flat spotting. I bet that will feel pretty extreme on the Accuforce.

Not surprisingly, when we were testing very early rF2 we had people asking for more simulation/realism, then when tire wear, flat spotting, weather arrived and truly impacted your race not everyone cheered it on. We had some complain because they were forced to pit for new tires etc. lol

Sad, because I love the simulation, it simply means you can't abuse your tires and drive un-realistically and suffer no consequences.

So drivers who gained advantages by very late braking and constantly locking up now had a price to pay for it.

Flat spotting in rF2 makes enough of an impact thru the wheel that I would be pitting to get rid of it if I had enough laps left.

It adds an entirely new dimension which can really shake things up. Just like pitting, someone who isn't a total alien can have a real shot thanks to consistency and smart driving.

I've been mulling it over for a couple of years now. $100 is pretty steep for me at the moment and I've yet to get my accuforce set up for the demo. So they will continue using the old rfactor 1 code or will they move on to the rfactor 2 engine?

Big push happening today... they've crossed 70% so bring on the V10's and Supertrucks!

I really hope they can make 100%... I personally really want to drive the Honda Civic (my real life car) Marcas version.

I've been mulling it over for a couple of years now. $100 is pretty steep for me at the moment and I've yet to get my accuforce set up for the demo. So they will continue using the old rfactor 1 code or will they move on to the rfactor 2 engine?

You don't need to donate $100.

$35 will get you a copy of GSCE or Formula Truck so if you don't have either then this is a good place to start.

The AF works really well in GSCE

Big push happening today... they've crossed 70% so bring on the V10's and Supertrucks!

I really hope they can make 100%... I personally really want to drive the Honda Civic (my real life car) Marcas version.

Yeah, there is a real big push. They are up to 77% now. If they make 80% then they will add VR/Occulus support plus the Copa Montana, Renault Fluence (Marcas) and dynamic tracks/marbles

That is another huge milestone.

I think the big push is thanks to the latest Empty Box video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Umeyo9fWUg

Keep up the donating guys!! Lets see if we can hit 100%