Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Problems with my HE Pro pedals & WRC4

9 posts in this topic

Just changed pedals from fanatec CSP V2s to HE pro pedals.  But the game can't see my new pedals.   :cry:  How can I map the new pedals to work with WRC4?  The pedals work fine with other games.  Any clue on how to fix this?  Please let me know.  Thanks for reading my post.

You need to configure your pedals in Windows using DIVIEW then the game will see your pedals.

Goto LeoBodnars site under downloads and download DIview.  (LINK http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=12 )

You then have to calibrate each axis and set ranges.

If you need more detail just holla.

Brad

Brad:  I calibrated the pedals as soon as I installed them using DIVIEW as per HE instructions and videos in youtube.  Still WRC4 don't see them.  I have other games and each of those games see the pedals without a problem.

WRC4 only supports 1 controller.

Interesting!  But when I had my Fanatec CSP V2, they were connected straight into the PC via USB cable, not connected thru the CSW, and the game detected the pedals and the wheel too.

So now that I have better pedals, I need to forget about WRC4... darn!

Brad:  How you map more than one controller?   Do you go to "options" then, control options, and under "wheel 1" you map your wheel (turn left and turn right) and then you scroll to "Joypad 1" and map your pedals (accelerator, brake and clutch) and that should do it?  If I go to wheel1, I can only map the wheel but doesn't register any of my pedals.  And if I go to Joypad 1, it sees my pedals but not my wheel. Let me know please if that is the trick!  I didn't think about it two nights ago when I was messing with it.

Avenga... I love rally tho... what other Rally game you recommend me to download?

RBR or Dirt Rally.

For Dirt Rally, you might have to do some editing of the controller XML file to get the pedals going but I can help you with that.

Brad:  How you map more than one controller?   Do you go to "options" then, control options, and under "wheel 1" you map your wheel (turn left and turn right) and then you scroll to "Joypad 1" and map your pedals (accelerator, brake and clutch) and that should do it?  If I go to wheel1, I can only map the wheel but doesn't register any of my pedals.  And if I go to Joypad 1, it sees my pedals but not my wheel. Let me know please if that is the trick!  I didn't think about it two nights ago when I was messing with it.

That is the problem I had. It would see each of my controllers as a different player, like player one was the wheel and player two was the pedals. It is a really bad console port so I think this was a left over from local multiplayer where you would have 4 xbox controllers plugged in and each take turns to rally.

I think I did some testing to prove that back in the day and if I started a local multiplayer game then the first player could just steer (I used my paddles as peddles) and then the second player was just my peddles.

Thanks Avenga. 

RBR is too ld of a game.  Maybe I'll try Dirt Rally.  Will like to download it now before my household goods are moved to Germany June 29th.  Can you post in here or PM with the editing I have to do to the XML file?  Thanks my friend.