Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sports Zone

26 posts in this topic

I looove sports. I like to watch football on Sundays. As of now, I don't have a fav team. My friend wants me to route for Cowboys and I've grown up with my family for the 49ers...I think I like the Giants although they seem to be having a rough patch.

Why is it that in sports, you can't have more than one team or favorite players? Well, obviously there is no manual or golden rule that prohibits one from liking multiple teams and/or players.

Hope everyone has a great week out there. Its the last week of baseball before the play-offs. I'm going to try to make it to a Dodger game on Friday ;)

How can you be a Cowboys and Niner fan at the same time ? They are rivals ;)

GO DODGERS !!!!

Hello Everyone!!

I looove sports. I like to watch football on Sundays. My favorite teams are Dallas Cowboys and 49ers. I'm currently watching the 49's beat the vikings 4 by points. Still in 4th quarter and San Francisco has the ball...anything can happen at this point. Hope everyone has a great week out there. Its the last week of baseball before the play-offs. I'm going to try to make it to a Dodger game on Friday ;)

I am proud to be a redskins fan!! I heard someone say go Denver last night!! :twisted:

that was a beautiful game!! have a good week everyone!!

HA! I am a Skins fan, but they are being poorly managed right now.

Hello Everyone!!

I looove sports. I like to watch football on Sundays. My favorite teams are Dallas Cowboys and 49ers. I'm currently watching the 49's beat the vikings 4 by points. Still in 4th quarter and San Francisco has the ball...anything can happen at this point. Hope everyone has a great week out there. Its the last week of baseball before the play-offs. I'm going to try to make it to a Dodger game on Friday ;)

Do you like fantancy football?

I haven't participated in fantasy football just yet. Sometimes it gets difficult to sit home and watch football the entire day so I just watch sports center and catch up. By the way, Basketball pre-season, Football mid-season and baseball post-season....I'm lovin' it! :D

I haven't participated in fantasy football just yet. Sometimes it gets difficult to sit home and watch football the entire day so I just watch sports center and catch up. By the way, Basketball pre-season, Football mid-season and baseball post-season....I'm lovin' it! :D

What? No Hockey?

Damn Californians lol :mrgreen:

Yeah I understand that.If you ever get a chance from you're busy schedule give it a shot.My favorite sports are football and basketball. Pittsburg for football and San Atonio and lakers for basketball. Peace

No hockey..sorry. I'm not gonna front and say I like it. When I was about 10 years old I went to a hockey game and the puck came flying off the ice and hit me direclty on my middle finger and broke it. Never liked hockey since! Ha!

I'd say Basketball is my most favorite sport and I love the Lakers...yup. Grew up not too far from the Staples Center in Downtown LA and I have to rep for my city ;)

Sadly, Dodgers are out for the series. I'm rooting for the Yankees now. Hopefully they take Angel's out and take the world series. My grandmother was from NY, Manhattan to be exact.

Jessica

I read this thinking you guys meant proper Football ;)

Hehe I'm kidding.

In terms of "Soccer" over here in the UK. THE MIGHTY ARSENAL :D

NFL... NY Giants and Indianapolis Colts! - Manning Brothers :D

The Giants bearly lost by a point yesterday!!! It was a good game. I like the Giants...BUT ...wanted them to lose so Dallas could be first...and they won...yaaay!

Ok, so last week some friends and I went to a Clippers game. I'm not a huge Clippers fan but I don't think they get enough support and since I am a Los Angeles native...I will support them from time to time. I didn't watch much of the game because I was too busy watching the world series on the flat screen in the VIP box. Good times my friends, good times!!

Clippers won the 1st game of the season this day!

post-1514-135485900037_thumb.jpg

So...Dallas smashed today..anyone out there see?! The Lakers did fairly well too..if you call a win by 35 points fairly well. Basketball games tend to get boring to me if it goes over 12 points....I like intensity!!! Football is almost over...we will find out who goes to superbowl quite soon. :D

Jessica

Yesterday (Sunday) I had my television set on my local channel while the Los Angeles Lakers played the Boton Celtics. Not paying too much attention until the very last...of the last quarter as I always do. Continued to watch on without blinking as Kobe Bryant scored a 3-pointer in the last 7 taking the Lakers to vitory. I just was in Boston a few months back! First I missed the Red Sox and now the Celtics vs. Lakers?!

Then today (Monday) Kobe took the title for the most points scored in a game in Laker history. As many predicted he would do so at this game played in Memphis against the Grizzles. Not only did he take the titile all-time leading scorer over hall of famer Jerry West , he did it with a slam dunk! Hey...I'd show off too.

Lakers lost by 2 points. I have been noticing more recently they have been ending their games within a few points from winning or losing, calling it real close. I was watching sportscenter and Kobe feels that although they lost "in the record book It's still us."

I believe fair game is fair game. I do believe that Kobe is one hell of a player and definetley one-of-a kind. Gotta give love to Kobe, especially twith hose 3-point shots winning several games this season. I don't quite know if they'll take it all the way again this year. I want to be optimistic, but like I've said, fair game is fair game.

So not to long now till the biggest Sporting event in the world starts, World cup 2010 :D

Not sure how Football or soccer as you guys call it in the states stands popularity wise, but over here in England and just about the rest of the world its huge!

Well the USA did qualify and you play England in you opening match on 12th June, so expect to get your butts kicked :lol:

No I hope you do well really but as a English man I will be behind the three lions...

Hi Guys!

Its been so long since I've posted anything here. This past year, I really wasn't watching much sports at all and even managed to NOT attend a single football, basketball or baseball game.

What is wrong with me?!

Football season has arrived. Anyone out there follow college football? Is it too early for some predictions?

Have a great week!

Jessica