Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fanatec sequential shifter V1. now $100 because, well no reason.

38 posts in this topic

LOL my scratches are self inflicted from the 996 center console, removing and adding the shifter to the 8020 while test fitting.  Mine to the best of my knowledge doesn't have any of these rouge scratches.  Plus, it functions and is $100.  LOL

I was just curious but think I figured it out...Its not actually a scratch. I think what it is after watching a few videos on how they make/anodize brushed aluminum (I am a curious person by nature so tend to read/watch non-fictional books/documentaries).... in its simplest form without too much detail.....during the actual brushing process you creating little uniform scratches/grooves in the raw stock... some of these scratches will be ever so slightly deeper than the rest... then you need to prep & anodize it... basically between the anodizing process, dye,  and the fact that the end result end is semi-transparent ( which is why you dont see white anodized aluminum its not possible since it shines silver) is why in the wider/deeper grooves you see a shimmer of silver at the right angle and lighting..  This I suspect is why I can find it on many people pics and at Fanatec's site depending on the resolution, angle, and lighting. 

Hey sarrasalmus, I just sent payment to Mayaman, as soon as I hear back from him confirming he received the payment I will ask him to message you. Are you in the USA? I appreciate this offer as it will save me from buying one from Fanatec. 

Thanks got it, sorry guys not feeling very well today.  :(

Hey everyone, Just wanted to let everyone know that I have met up with Mayaman and picked up my shifter. I could not be more happy, the shifter functions perfectly and the scratches were not bad at all. I was even able to use a sharpie to cover up the scratches. I will post some photos later on. To anyone else looking to buy items from Mayaman, as I'm sure you already know, he is a very good guy who is worthy of trust in the sim racing community. Buy with confidence. Thanks again Mayaman, the shifter is going to a good home  :).

P.S. I am now looking for a CSS table clamp if anyone has a used one they'd be willing to sell for less than the cost of a new one plus shipping from Fanatec directly.