Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Episode 92: GT5 Full Review Part 1

81 posts in this topic

Hi all, Aidan from Ireland here, love the show keep up the good work! I love the way you don't leave anything unturned with your reviews and you are always fair. I'm a huge F1 fan always have been and the GT series was as close as I came to the sim experience. Since seeing your show for the first time last November leading up to the big build up that was F1 2010 I'm hooked, I check the site everyday for new reviews. I love F1 2010 and GT5 both equally and the physics are very good. I have some formula ford experience and my run around (pride & joy) is an E46 M3, I know this may come across as a bit of a silly question but, are the physics that much better in iracing, rfactor etc? The reason I ask is I would need to spend about €1,000.00 to get a good pc (just have a laptop) and I wouldn't like to be disappointed. Would really love to hear your thoughts, thanks! :)

P.s I've told a few petrol head mates about the show and they're loving it too!!

Hi all, Aidan from Ireland here, love the show keep up the good work! I love the way you don't leave anything unturned with your reviews and you are always fair. I'm a huge F1 fan always have been and the GT series was as close as I came to the sim experience. Since seeing your show for the first time last November leading up to the big build up that was F1 2010 I'm hooked, I check the site everyday for new reviews. I love F1 2010 and GT5 both equally and the physics are very good. I have some formula ford experience and my run around (pride & joy) is an E46 M3, I know this may come across as a bit of a silly question but, are the physics that much better in iracing, rfactor etc? The reason I ask is I would need to spend about €1,000.00 to get a good pc (just have a laptop) and I wouldn't like to be disappointed. Would really love to hear your thoughts, thanks! :)

P.s I've told a few petrol head mates about the show and they're loving it too!!

Depends on what laptop you have. You can certainly try it out (iracing) without going out and buying a new pc. As long as it's a more recent laptop it should at least be playable. Heck I played iRacing on a P4 at one point with an AGP Video card. rfactor as well. So most modern lap tops are way faster than that. I wouldn't say its probably what you should race on though, but you can at least drive on it.

For iRacing anyway the cpu should be quite good for good performance, because there is a lot going on in iRacing while your driving. Where rFactor doesn't seem quite as much of a requirement. The Graphics card needs to be decent in either case. Just the cpu is more important in iRacing.

Hope that helps

Hi Darren. Can you shed some light on when we can expect to see the second part of the GT5 review?

Chech out the main page, its been there since yesterday.

I am missing the forum thread on episode 98 though. :(