Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fx8320 or fx8350

28 posts in this topic

hello guys am in process ov doing a few upgrades but 1 bugging me is the cpu and which1 to go for 8320 or 8350 from what i can tell from reading there not much real difference.any input from some1 who has owned both would be veri grateful.it will be a nice upgrade from my fx6300 

If you are sticking with the AMD form factor, which i assume you will want to as you have an AMD FX CPU already, i would opt for the FX 8350 which is the current CPU in my system and i also upgraded from the FX6300.

Did quite well as i sold the old cpu to a friend and along with re using original motherboard as the 6300 and 8350 use the same socket it turned out to be a great value upgrade for me.

The FX 8320 is a sort of low powered option requiring less wattage and it generates less heat but it cant hit the highs the full fat FX 8350 can.

Although for my next system i may jump over on to the Intel side as their single core performance is a lot better, but thats not until i raid the piggy bank and upgrade my GPU.

Jason.

thanks for the input guys defo leaning more towards the 8350 not a fan ov intel myself.games i will be mainly playing are iracing,assetto corsa,dirt rally and project cars.then i shall be upgrading my gpu as since pcars is shocking with amd cards i been using a gtx750 ti do you guys think a gtx 960 would be a decent way forward

Not knowing your budget or what your upgrade path monitor wise will be in the future I would still like to throw out a suggestion about GPU upgrades.

Rather than the 960 what about pushing the boat out and looking at the 970. It seems to be hitting that price to power sweet spot with a lot of gamers and combined with your new CPU would allow you to look into a triple screen set up down the road without having to upgrade again.

It's the card that has me most interested at the moment as I look at swapping out my R9 280x that I currently run my triple screen setup with.

Jason.

tripples are something i plan to do once have finished building the rig and cockpit.budget not really a issue as in no rush so if takes a few extra weeks saving its fine.i would be looking at msi cards tho as have the msi motherboard and trying to keep that red n black theme.will have to do some research on the 970 many thanks for the info

If keeping your current motherboard, I would check it to see if it supports PCIe 3.0 for when you upgrade to a new video card, you can run a PCIe 3.0 video card on a PCIe 2.0 motherboard, but you won't get full performance that 3.0 would achieve. Just a thought for when you're planning your triple screen setup. Good luck and enjoy the upgrades when you get them! :)

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

after checking this motherboard only supports pci e  2.0 would it be much difference in performance to a 3.0.it will only be used for single screen right now or would you advise getting a new motherboard that support 3.0?

I dont think any AMD based chipset motherboard supports pci e 3.0.

There was a topic about it over on the rfactor2 forums a while ago when a fair bit of digging and checking found out that motherboards with AMD CPU sockets only have PCI e 2.0 support.

Jason.

so its a case ov watch this space then till we see amd based boards with 3.0.thanks for the info.will be keeping this mobo then as is a good 1 and does wats needed.only dilemma i having at mo is do i stick with the msi brand for the gtx 960/970 or go palit got to keep than red theme lol ocd kicking in ha.

I'd go with MSI, but I tend to stick with MSI and Asus because that's what I've used in the past. If the Palit gets good reviews, or at least not many bad reviews, and it matches your design better than go I with the Palit.

love msi myself mate as i have the gaming mobo and a msi r9 280 but since project cars is shite with amd cards i have been using the card from my other system nvidia palit gtx750ti which actually out performs the 280 due to drivers not being optimized.i know the beta driver is out but heard is not worked so think if i stay nvidia i will be fine

love msi myself mate as i have the gaming mobo and a msi r9 280 but since project cars is shite with amd cards i have been using the card from my other system nvidia palit gtx750ti which actually out performs the 280 due to drivers not being optimized.i know the beta driver is out but heard is not worked so think if i stay nvidia i will be fine

unfortunate about the AMD performance. Puts a lot of good cards out of the running for a bit.

the performance issue is only with project cars tho,all other games i have benchmarked amd cards mostly beat the nvidia cards.think i just guna grab a 960 for now and then wait for the amd 300s.

It's such a mine field trying to pick the right PC components and that's just with a choice of two CPU and two GPU vendors.

You never know when is the best time to commit, which ones work best with the games you play, which ones give you the best bang for your buck.

I find building or upgrading a PC exciting and terrifying all at the same time.

Jason.

It's such a mine field trying to pick the right PC components and that's just with a choice of two CPU and two GPU vendors.

You never know when is the best time to commit, which ones work best with the games you play, which ones give you the best bang for your buck.

I find building or upgrading a PC exciting and terrifying all at the same time.

Jason.

I know what you mean. When I built my first PC back in the 90's I was terrified it was all going to go up in a puff of smoke. When it booted and loaded Win 95 I was pumped!

There is no best time to buy, there is rarely a clear cut path (AMD v Intel, AMD v Nvidia) to follow. There's always something to wait for on the horizon, but if your current systems not meeting your needs then upgrade now rather than wait. Podcasts such as PCperspective can be helpful as they often talk about best bang for e buck as well as cutting edge.

you couldnt have put that any better tbh.i love building pcs with over 20yrs experience and defo is exciting but not so much when you get something wrong lol.i must admit myself i prefer to try and keep on the amd in my system but like you say got to see what gives you best performance for the money.i am leaning towards the gtx960 tho from wat i hear its a gd solid gpu for the price.

you couldnt have put that any better tbh.i love building pcs with over 20yrs experience and defo is exciting but not so much when you get something wrong lol.i must admit myself i prefer to try and keep on the amd in my system but like you say got to see what gives you best performance for the money.i am leaning towards the gtx960 tho from wat i hear its a gd solid gpu for the price.

I don't put much stock into loyalty to either Intel, AMD or NVidia, I'll go with the combo that best meets my needs. Though I haven't used an AMD CPU since the Athlon 64 I do swap back and forth between AMD and NVidia GPU's

the performance issue is only with project cars tho,all other games i have benchmarked amd cards mostly beat the nvidia cards.think i just guna grab a 960 for now and then wait for the amd 300s.

yes I should have been clear that I was referring to AMD's PCars performance. My only knock against AMD GPU's is that they can be loud and draw quite a bit of power (I don't miss the sound of my 7890 at all). But performance wise they are on par with Nvidia at a better price.