Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logitech G29?.

86 posts in this topic

I was excited about Logitech getting back in the game as a G27 user (for 5 years, zero issues I might add) but these wheels fall a bit flat for me.  Doesn't apper like much advancement and a high price.  Would like to see these at $300.

http://www.isrtv.com/logitech/logitech-g29-for-ps4-and-g920-for-xbox-one-announced/

this g29/920 should be at $200 without shifter when you can get a g27 with a shifter for less than $200.  They only stepped up the price to match TM and get closer to fanatec because people are spending the money.

I wonder if the pedals/shifter for the G29/290 will use the same serial connections as the G27 or will they move over to USB. Moving to USB would prevent anyone from reusing a G27 shifter unless someone releases an adapter

I agree that at this price point the T300 is a better value. Either Logitech places too much value on the Logitech name or they don't think gamers are capable of evaluating a product. The only thing I can see them doing is trying to argue that their geared system is better than a belt drive. A tough sell in my opinion but I guess that's what marketing is for.

Hiding this wheels didnt gave them benefit.on opposite they lost sales. If they warmed up the market for upcoming wheels from the New Year - they fan base and the milions that love G27/G25 will decide to wait ,not to buy even better wheels like Thrustmaster belt driven ones.

I wonder if the pedals/shifter for the G29/290 will use the same serial connections as the G27 or will they move over to USB. Moving to USB would prevent anyone from reusing a G27 shifter unless someone releases an adapter

I agree that at this price point the T300 is a better value. Either Logitech places too much value on the Logitech name or they don't think gamers are capable of evaluating a product. The only thing I can see them doing is trying to argue that their geared system is better than a belt drive. A tough sell in my opinion but I guess that's what marketing is for.

The connectors must be the same I believe, but the wiring to connectors is normal to be different because the shifter is only 2 pots in it. For the pedals must be the same 1:1. From the clean line of G25/G27 that give me feel of real car racing rim with leather - the new ones are like DIY rim+ joypad. If this drops in my hands I will tell you what will do;))))

As for my thoughts. I'll like the price most likely, but the design is lacking...but to be fair it is not really that terrible...I can live with this. If this is not belt driven though, the whole project is a waste of time.

Anyone think the rim will be detachable from the wheelbase (i.e. so it can be replaced with a better one Logitech might release letter)?

Well...revisiting my earlier post.

I don't like the price.

Design still okay.

Not belt driven. I do not understand this logic.

Project is a waste of time.

Opportunity to fill void for a value product in the wheel marketspace wasted.

All of that said, do you guys think Fanatec will be able to piggyback off the G29 drivers the way they did for the G27 and be thinking of a GT3 RS V3 or something from this?

It is easy for Logitech to do not innovate. Just to open old carton boxes with parts for G27 and DFGT and combine them in Frankenstein wheel. Btw this nickname is coool for this wheel. Give me joypad, DFGT and G27 and I will make for you G29 Frankenstein;)

1- G29 for 399$+60$ shifter???????? No thanks . . . . I would rather go with t300rs..... for 299$ with the shifter i think i could buy a set for ps4 gaming.

2- G920 for 399$+60$ shifter. . . . . . maybe. . . . . if i had XB1 . . . . . but still i think ....''too much money for this''.

3- Does this means that the G27 goes for firmware update to be compatible with ps4 . . . . or . . . . . . probably not. . . . . ?
If they are not planning to make G27 ps4 compatible , i do not see why anyone would buy G29......(if they do this on purpose for people to buy G29)....

It is so obvious . . .
I have G27. If i move to the ps4 i will buy a T300rs instead of G29.