Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logitech G29?.

86 posts in this topic

The pictures in that new article look more fake to me than the original "leak".  I guess we will have to wait for E3 to know for sure though.  Either way, I will not be buying one since my T300rs landed on my doorstep last night.  Even if it turns out to be amazing (which I honestly think the G27 was when it first hit the market), my wallet is depleted LOL

The pictures in that new article look more fake to me than the original "leak".  I guess we will have to wait for E3 to know for sure though.  Either way, I will not be buying one since my T300rs landed on my doorstep last night.  Even if it turns out to be amazing (which I honestly think the G27 was when it first hit the market), my wallet is depleted LOL

Keep money for guitars!;) G27 is stil awesome package. A bit dated like for consoles support, but very fast turning.I love G27. Ofcourse belt driven TM wheels are better.

Even the name of this G29 looks fake and stupid. And the tag on the box "G29 Driving Force" Wtf. Logitech can do the things much much better. They are not from yesterday on the market. If this wheel exists I will love to have one for modding, but for now it looks like joke from someone that joking the community.

Keep money for guitars! ;) G27 is stil awesome package. A bit dated like for consoles support, but very fast turning.I love G27. Ofcourse belt driven TM wheels are better.

Even the name of this G29 looks fake and stupid. And the tag on the box "G29 Driving Force" Wtf. Logitech can do the things much much better. They are not from yesterday on the market. If this wheel exists I will love to have one for modding, but for now it looks like joke from someone that joking the community.

Krassi, I told you that thing is coming:-)

why yall think it's fake? I mean it's in pictures at the dev office for dirt rally.  and just because some amazon listing isn't accurate on weight doesn't mean it's fake. 

either way g29 will be irrelevant compared to a similar price superior TM wheel or next step up fanatec unless they get away from the gear cogging.  I'm willing to bet it's just a g27 that's got ps4 support with a different rim

Krassi, I told you that thing is coming:-)

If this is coming , I will be happy;) I love to mod G27 - this wheel is 1:1 G27 with uploaded from Factory new firmware and New rim ofcourse. If this is true .

why yall think it's fake? I mean it's in pictures at the dev office for dirt rally.  and just because some amazon listing isn't accurate on weight doesn't mean it's fake. 

either way g29 will be irrelevant compared to a similar price superior TM wheel or next step up fanatec unless they get away from the gear cogging.  I'm willing to bet it's just a g27 that's got ps4 support with a different rim

All these low quality box variants and no word from Logitech makes the things look like fake. If you had G27 from the last batch - the box is awesome. If this is the Dirt Rally office - where are the other brands wheels? Or they are commited to this G29? LoL Anyway - more wheels on the market great for us. I really want this wheel to exist. 

Keep money for guitars! ;)

The wife was nagging to me yesterday when my T300 showed up and I reminded her how much more expensive my last guitar was  :mrgreen:  I would love to look at the new G29 or whatever it is going to be called when it comes out, but any purchases at the moment would probably put me in the doghouse LOL

they didn't pull out of the game. they only pulled out of supporting consoles mostly because of all the licensing crap and fees and no reason to compete against ms and sony on controllers when they got them on lockdown. 

Ahh I see.  I must have read things wrong when it all happened.  I thought I read somewhere that Logitech had stopped developing and supporting all their wheel peripherals.  I stand corrected, stopping console support makes a lot more sense.

Greater that we suggest to be  possible - it will have version for Xbox One! Cool!

But for gear driven wheels for the package with shifter 460$ is too much.This is almost T300 + TH8A or TX + TH8A - which is day and night better!

It looks and sounds cool, and it's great they've also got an Xbox One version but I completely agree with Krassi. At the moment there is no in between wheel. You have something like the T80 or T100 and then the next offering is the T300, which is 3 times the price. This was a real opportunity for Logitech to put a product in the middle price bracket, for those who don't want to spend a tonne, but still want a decently performing wheel. If the wheel and shifter had come in for a maximum of $300 or so, they could have had a real winner here. But for the price they are offering (£299, $399 U.S, €399, $499 AU without shifter) I don't reckon it's worth it.

Also this is from Eurogamer, it seems Logitech is confused about their own product

"UPDATE: Logitech appears to have confused itself, and after clarifying that the G29 doesn't work on PC it's been in touch again to say that it does work on PC. So, to confirm - the G29 works on PC, PS4 and PS3, while the G920 works on PC and Xbox One. I think we'll leave it there for now."

Their dual motor system is solid. For example Mad Catz dual motors wheel for XB1 is abosilute crap. But in 2015 to anonce a new release with old fashioned solid system - it must be really well placed in prices range. Ofcourse targed price dont mean that this wheel will not be on the market for 299$ after the release from some sellers.  And if pedals and shifter from G27 work on the new wheels - this will be great. Because they can do some mumbo jumbo vodoo to prevent them to be compatible.

Here is some more info Logitech released about it.  The shifter and pedals look remarkably like our existing G25/27 ones, I would be surprised if they didn't plug into this new wheel when it comes out.

I am honestly a little surprised this is real, but happy at the same time.  If logitech finds a good price-point for this system, it could be a good seller.  The G27 dominated the mass-user market for many many, years....and with the right price it's successor could do the same (if their buyers haven't already moved on and bought another wheel in their absence).

I am honestly a little surprised this is real, but happy at the same time. If logitech finds a good price-point for this system, it could be a good seller. The G27 dominated the mass-user market for many many, years....and with the right price it's successor could do the same (if their buyers haven't already moved on and bought another wheel in their absence).

I thought the same, there is no middle wheel at the moment! But unfortunately the RRP Logitech has selected is just way too much. £299, €399, $399 US, $499 AU is just too much; and that's without the shifter.

Yeah - it is too much , because they didnt add nothing new - only the consoles support. Same old G27 guts. The G27 have better clean rim look IMO. The wheel is not bad , just the price is high!

On XB1 market - just throwing Mad Cats in the trash can.

So basically they took a G27, redesigned the rim and added more buttons, did nothing to the base, took away the shifter (where the buttons used to be), made it compatible with new gen consoles and almost doubled the price.

Makes no sense to me. Such an opportunity to really fill a void in the market (sub $300 decent FFB wheel kit for current consoles) Or to create an entirely new market (can you say sub $600 direct drive wheel?) and all they do is basically put on a fresh coat of paint and call it good.  :huh:

Sad thing is, they will sell all they can make and it will be considered a resounding success.

Launch that soon?!?!?!  Wow, they were really good at hiding this from us then :lol:

I had a seller for my G27 lined up for this weekend, but I honestly might hold onto it if that's the case.  Might as well wait and see if I can keep it as a back-up/player 2 wheel :)

DUMB

do not buy this over the superior TM line.  you're at $460 for g29/920... come on even at 300 or tx + th8a is still cheaper...yeah you'll have to buy different pedals too but why spend $460 on a g27 basically.

The G29 and G920 will be out in July 2015.... 

no 920 isn't until oct