Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Full Porsche chassis simulator. COMPLETED! Video Sneak peek.

183 posts in this topic

GT3%20sneak%20peak_zpsdlssd5mo.jpg

Along with this

porsche-gt3-r-hybrid-steering-wheel_zpsj

And this

Dbox_zpsdl5xzjil.jpg

And Dual of these

GS4%20seat_zpsdqeevxqk.jpg

More to come, project is finally flowing nicely.  Once I have all parts fitted out, chassis goes in for paint.

Here are a couple quick videos of my friend Seth taking a spin on the Human Racing with 4x Dbox and Oculus

And here is Seth in the P1 using the triple projectors.  FYI, we had some problems with the throttle hall sensor spiking so car is uncontrollable at times.

Full cockpit From B pillar to A pillar.  Including a real Porsche 911 roof, real interior, fully working gauges,  A couple other things I haven't revealed yet.  Full 8020 skeleton for ultra stiffness.

seems like ive been waiting for this for a while now...didn't think I would be disappointed...gonna be the best ever.. your triple projector set up was one of the first set ups to catch my eye and get me into this. well done and nice one maya, followed.

That I know of anyway.  LOL

Just a very early snap shot of whats coming. 

Along with this

And this

And Dual of these

With a custom built one of these double the width  and 1.5 times the height covering 230 degrees 

More to come, project is finally flowing nicely.  Once I have all parts fitted out, chassis goes in for paint.

Stay tuned its been a long road to this point

But will it drive itself?

I hope not! ;)

But seriously, 'tis an AWESOME bit of kit!

Looks like I crawled out from under my rock just in time!! Epic as always Wil, glad your health is better.

Can I come for a spin once it's done? Hell you should sell tickets to ride in that thing!!

Can't wait to see more.

Guys is there any way to hack iRacing to show no dashboard?   I have another Dbox rig with triple projector for iRacing but i'd love to use it with the Porsche simulator.  Let me know if that is possible.

thanks 

Really doesn't matter what car you drive.  What I've found is even in my real car I spend a very very small amount of time looking at anything inside the car lol.  99.9% of concentration is on the road.  The point of the cockpit is immersion plain and simple and its got it in spades.

More pics to come very soon, just want to be in a finished state before I show anything else.

I can say though that I have a couple things covered.  I've got a full set of analog gauges, and I'm currently working on a couple of special wheels with full digital displays to cover other things.  I plan on making several custom wheels specific to different model cars.  That is the most important part of any car I find, the wheel.