Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Accuforce and Non supported wheel fix

52 posts in this topic

Thanks Avenga,

with your post I have manged to make a new G25 input file that works with my 4 controllers in game (<!-- In Game Actions -->), but I'm have still problems with changing livery and other stuff in the menus.(<!-- FE Actions --> , <!-- Replay/Youtube Actions --> and <!-- Spectator Actions -->) some thing works with the keyboard as shown on screen other don'et and some busttons, eg. change livery are not shown at all on the screen.

Is there any way to mix G25 for in game actions with  keyboard for the other actions?

As some of you might know Codemasters has finally listened to us and added the ability for us to override our controllers and set them as a wheel (Thanks heaps Codemaster)

Also they have changed the XML format for motion so if you are using SimCommander then you will need to update the ..documents/My Games/Dirt Rally/Hardwaresettings/hardware_settings_config.xml file to

<motion_platform>
<dbox enabled="true" />
<udp enabled="true"
extradata="2" ip="127.0.0.1" port="10001" delay="1" />
</motion_platform>

The New New Accuforce and Direct drive wheel fix

The first step is the remove my old fix. I don't know if this is totally necessary but I think it best to start from scratch just in case there is any conflicts. If you have never applied my original fix the jump to step 5

Step 1

Delete or move the Forcefeedback and Input folders

dirt%20ffb1_zps2cgibiw7.jpg

Step 2

Go to Steam, right click on Dirt Rally then click on properties, then go to local files then click on "Verify integrity of game cache"

dirt%20ffb2_zpst1nd4adv.jpg

Step 3

Wait for the validation to complete

dirt%20ffb3_zpsekefdxib.jpg

Step 4

When the validation is complete you should see "41 files failed to validate and will be reacquired" That is Steam fancy talk for "Steam has downloaded the missing files automatically for you" At this stage your controller files will be like they were after a fresh install so we can move on to the new features.

dirt%20ffb4_zpssiuffwi5.jpg

Step 5 

Go in to the controller preset section. You will see the new Override Device Type!!!

dirt%20ffb5_zps2xpdrmro.jpg

Step 6

There is no way to tell which device is your wheel so set them all to wheel. In this screenshot I have my wheel, pedals, sequential shifter and H-Pattern plugged in. It doesn't cause a problem if you set them all to wheel. You can select any of the device presets and you will set which device is used for steering in the next step

dirt%20ffb6_zpsqaljrexe.jpg

Step 7

Now you will start with a blank slate. Start off by binding your steering. Note, you will not see the advanced wheel options yet. You will see them after you have bound both steering axis

dirt%20ffb7_zpsrf21u2cu.jpg

Step 8

When you are binding the steering you should see the wheel icon. If you see this it means that you have successfully overridden the controller type, but you won't see the advanced options until you bind both steering axis

dirt%20ffb8_zpsbe4eltwj.jpg

Step 9

Now that you have bound both steering axis it will grey out the wheel bindings and enable the advanced wheel options!! yay!!!

dirt%20ffb9_zpsiehrciju.jpg

Step 10

Bind the rest of your controls

dirt%20ffb10_zpsq0rfggsr.jpg

Step 11

go in to advanced wheel options and  you will see that deadzones are back

dirt%20ffb11_zps1pxosgpq.jpg

Step 12

Remove all the deadzones and turn on softlock

dirt%20ffb12_zpsun1efd7m.jpg

Step 13

Scroll down to Calibrate Device. You should see the name of your wheel controller. Click enter to calibrate.

dirt%20ffb13_zpscppolsid.jpg

Step 14 

Move your wheel all the way to the lock. You can now use 900 degree and the same will automatically adjust it to match the car like in iRacing or Assetto Corsa etc. The in game wheel animations will still be at 180 degrees

dirt%20ffb14_zps5umqkkze.jpg

Step 15

Turn your wheel to 90 degrees, it should be very close to what you have set in SimCommander or your wheel software

dirt%20ffb15_zpsopawdkcy.jpg

Step 16

Calibrate your pedals

dirt%20ffb16_zpswv8ggag8.jpg

Step 17

Test your wheel and pedals. If they are working properly then click apply settings

dirt%20ffb17_zps8fist7mb.jpg

Step 18

Go in to the Vibration and feedback page and change these to your preference. The scope of this tutorial doesn't cover what settings to use in this section, this comes down to personal preference and there are other articles which cover these settings in more detail. The only thing I would recommend is to turn the wheel friction all the way down, if not off completely because it makes the wheel feel really heavy and dead, with it turned down the cars feel much more alive.

dirt%20ffb18_zpscugfv7si.jpg

Step 19

Another thing that the new options allow is the ability to use a clutch and H-Pattern. To change this got to your driver profile

dirt%20ffb19_zpsxjiud5yv.jpg

Step 20

Now you should see the clutch and H-pattern bindings in the controller setup

dirt%20ffb20_zpsmrci5rdl.jpg

Now everything should be up and running with the game FFB

I hope you guys find this guide useful

Fantastic! Thanks to both Avenga76 and also to CM for making this so easy. The .xml file modifications were way above my head.

Still building my DIY DD wheel, so subscribed for further updates.

Cheers!

J.J.

First of all thank you Avenga for this tutorial.

Now its the part in which I am feeling stupid :).

I didn't manage to make it run. I have no idea why, but when I turn the wheel it appears as axis X or LS (if I am not mistaken), but I never get the small wheel on the side and therefore never get access to the advanced options. 

Since I didn't have the previous fix installed I started in step 5.

Am I missing something?

Hello

After i followed the first guide to get my AF wheel to work with DirtRally all navigating bottons got changed? so it no longer ESC to exit and so on. Dose any one know how to get it back to "normal" or have i missed something

Thanks for all help i can get

I don't recall seeing the wheel icon either but, it does work in-game and saved okay. I wonder if some miss the final confirmation to save the setup at the end of the process; I think I missed it the first time.

Another small update to the FFB fix

In the file ..\SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\DiRT Rally\forcefeedback\devicesetup_v2.xml

Add this line under the <!-- Wheels --> section

<!-- Accuforce -->
<FFBDevice name="{804C1FC9-0000-0000-0000-504944564944}" scaleFriction="0.5"
scaleForce="0.5"/>

This makes some of the effects feel less abrupt. Because the FFB in this game was designed for a normal wheel it doesn't translate that well to direct drive wheels.

You could even play around with dropping the "scaleforce" even lower, play around with it until you find the level which feels best for you.

hey guys,

i did the xml editing as explained...wheel is detected perfectly in Dirt Rally...but i am struggling with 1 important thing...

i cant enable the Simcommander FFB instead of game FFB. All sliders have no effect beside the game FFB slider at the top.

I am using the "Dirt Rally Steam" plugin to start the game...what could be the problem here?

Any help is highly appreciated:)

hey guys,

i did the xml editing as explained...wheel is detected perfectly in Dirt Rally...but i am struggling with 1 important thing...

i cant enable the Simcommander FFB instead of game FFB. All sliders have no effect beside the game FFB slider at the top.

I am using the "Dirt Rally Steam" plugin to start the game...what could be the problem here?

Any help is highly appreciated:)

Did you do these adjustments / tweaks 

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/17665-accuforce-and-non-supported-wheel-fix/page-2#entry178644

I tried all the tweaks and they just don´t work for me or just one start. 

So, here´s a simple rookie-one-post-solution (thanks to Richard Macnaughtan and Mark Blayney) for problems with the Accuforce and i think any pedals, at least ones from Fanatec. First go to Documents\My Games\DiRT Rally\hardwaresettings, open the hardware_settings_config.xml and set the extradata to 3 

<dbox enabled="true" />

<udp enabled="true" extradata="3" ip="127.0.0.1" port="10001" delay="1" />

Download the modified XML-files from my drop-box account: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6852702/DiRT%20Rally.rar
With CSR Elite pedals you maybe don´t have to alter the files (i recommend to check). Just replace the files in Steam\steamapps\common\DiRT Rally. Better make a copy of the originals before. 

With other pedals, you need to alter the lg_momo_racing.xml. My pedals have the ID (whatever it´s called) "76D3F6A8" which just needs to be replaced in the hole document with your pedal-ID. 
To find these number, open Run and type regedit (enter). Go to System/CurrentControlSet/Control/MediaProperties/PrivateProperties/Joystick/OEM and find the pedals in the following list (there should be a clear OEMName like "Fanatec USB Pedals"). There is a Data-value under ConfigCLSID and with the Elite pedals it´s  {763DF6A8-...-...-...-...}...

In the DR-Settings there should be a new "LNG-6axis-48 button device" which is ready for setup and (thanks to Mark Blayney) with full menu navigation. 

Normally i don´t have to map any buttons after a fresh start, but it can happen and seems more random maybe due to the file check, but no problems with the career-saving. The wheel and menu navigation was still mapped, just pedals and buttons had to be remapped. And always start DR with this black button top-left.

Normally i don´t have to map any buttons after a fresh start, but it can happen and seems more random maybe due to the file check, but no problems with the career-saving. The wheel and menu navigation was still mapped, just pedals and buttons had to be remapped. And always start DR with this black button top-left.

There is a bug or a feature, depending how you look at it. When you start the game, ff you press enter on the keyboard it will load up a one controller setup and if you click a button on the wheel first it will load a different controller setup.

This is a feature that they use to try to detect what kind of controller you are using. Grid Autosport did the same thing.

I read on another forum that DR will only accept 3 input devices, is that true, and if so is there a fix?

I will fire up my DIY DD wheel soon and hope to make it work with Elite pedals, DSD Seq shifter and hydraulic handbrake on a DSD 12-bit controller, each one stand-alone. At the moment I have my pedals running through my trusty Fanatec GT2 wheel.

Avenga, besides your AF wheel, what other input devices are you using for DR?

Nope, there is not a 3 controller limit.

Here is a screenshot of from my tutorial with 4 controllers attached

dirt%20ffb5_zps2xpdrmro.jpg

That is my Accuforce, DSD pedals, CSS SQ shifter and DSD sequential shifter. All of them worked fine in game together. I have also tested it with an Xbox controller and DSD handbrake plugged in.

I can test it again if you like because I haven't played it in a while but when I last tested there was no controller limit.

Hey guys, Has Dirt Rally gotten to the point where there isn't a lot of tweaking necessary to get the AF to work? I don't have it and had planned to wait until the wheel support had improved. Also, how's it feel with the AF?

Thanks,

B

Hey guys, Has Dirt Rally gotten to the point where there isn't a lot of tweaking necessary to get the AF to work? I don't have it and had planned to wait until the wheel support had improved. Also, how's it feel with the AF?

Thanks,

B

The AF works great with DR IMO; I use SC4 Foundation FFB although, the game FFB has improved recently. If you study Mockracer's Guide on setting up SC4, it's quite easy to use the Foundation FFB with DR.

http://www.mockracer.com/2015/07/accuforce-settings-for-dummies.html