Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you like to see on our show

382 posts in this topic

I think It would be interesting if you could take a fied trip to ECCI and give us the low down on how some top notch racing hardware and software are conceived and produced.

On a side note I am very impressed with the quality and content of your program. Keep up the good work.

MAXX OTTO

It would be nice to see suggestions for "home builds" rigs, like suggestions to make a sim setup without having to buy pre made manufactures rigs. also same with hardwear, computer specs, graphics cards, cpus, motherboards etc.

And reveiws for the add on cars / tracks, and info how to add addons etc.

Also like someone else suggested, "whats in the Pipeline" whats comming out.

Thanks.

I'd like to see the "G25-E LOGITECH STEERING WHEELS MOD" from ARC_Team find them here :arrow:http://www.f1driving.it/english/index.htm This Mod kit is meant to put the G25 on par with the FREX in terms of FFB strength, response/quickness. it come in kit form or pre-fitted or retro fitted, they are in italy but im pretty sure you guys could pull some strings!

EDIT: Oh and maybe even this http://needforspeed.com/web/nfs/world I Really doubt it will be very sim like but hey, they might push the boat and impliment the shift physics, they're meant to be ok right?

The new WRC game from Black Bean Software. It's coming out for the PS3, PC, and Xbox360 later this year. It will feature the 2010 WRC season and is the successor to the Evolution studios WRC games. Not sure if its coming out in the US though but it's definitely worth a shot.

Hi guys,

I'd like to see more interviews even if it's video chat or even over the phone with a picture of the interviewee holding a phone to their head. For example the iRacing interviews were great but you guys probably don't have the resources to travel all over to video interviews.

Lately it seems like you have been covering the sims and the hardware (numbers and ratings) but are not really giving us any stories. Let's have some of these guys on the show that are building their own custom rigs, or the guy that is building the motorcycle riding hardware, or some of the custom painters and tuners. That would be interesting and you have a built in pool of people on the forums to volunteer.

Then perhaps run some polls to gauge how geeky your users are I for one would love to have you interview the professional hardware and software guys. Hear about the new stuff that's coming out and what progress they are making on it. Maybe get some advance looks, user feedback, user questions, beta invites, etc...

Also it would be great for you to expand your fun races (like the Forza one) and feature these events on the site and forums. Maybe start a ladder or competition where the forum members could win some prizes or get their picture on the site or some small reward.

I love the shows but I think you need to mix it up some more and get some of the more colorful characters of your community on the show. Hopefully I am not off base with these recommendations.

Keep up the great shows!

--Shoki

Get on the phone with iRacing and get some sponsorship to do segments on driving their cars and tracks.

If every this is a game that could use some video guides/lessons/tips it is iRacing!

This ones not so much about the show, more this very forum. Due to the demise of RSC (R.I.P :cry:) it seems there might be an opportunity for you guys here at to expand this place, as you may or may not know Simbin and ISI used to host their forums in RSCs space(there are others who I don't think even have a forum who could do with one), at this present time neither have yet to find a host or provide their own space. Enter Team ISR stage left. it would be great to see those company's along with their support and communities trafficked through this place. I imagine it would do great things judging partly by RSCs success and partly because RSCs community seem to be in limbo between Mod release sites and empty space with nowhere to call their own!! It seems Some unknowns have recently acquired the RSC domain and who knows what they will do with it (if anything) but I suggest it needs urgent investigation. Also RSCs previous team are STILL trying to recover data, but have no domain...... The things that got me into this scene firstly was ISR, quite soon after I found RSCs wealth of info, quickly I was hooked, it would be perfect if we could merge these two aspects of a great world that is Sim Racing.

Just a Thought

Hello.

I am not sure if this was suggested before, but how about making a segment of driving school?

Take Driving school from LFS and make a little segment of those different lessons, starting from lesson 1 and up.

Where you talk about lesson, what to do, how to do it, what not to do, what to remember, what is important and so on...

For example. A slalom lesson in LFS, cover whole process of getting a PRO status on this lessen, when to give throttle, how to move steering to drive as fast as possible around slalom objects without crashing in to them, or loosing control of the car.

You could fine cover one or to lessons per episode.

I look from my own perspective, when I try to drive around track or taking a lesson, I have to figure out by my self how to drive fast, and when I think I got a nice time of 1:34:90 around BL1 on LFS, there are almost any one on the servers that are faster. Then I go back to lessons and trying to get PRO at all lessons, and d"#¤¤ it is difficult. It is even more difficult if there are no one who can talk you through the problem, and tell you how to solve it.

I hope Darin & Shawn will think about such a segment.

This is a little out there, but perhaps something on the community side of things.

A lot of racers out there are always looking for more events, or even a series, to run in that may involve a mod they've not had a chance to race online. It would only need to take a minute or so, with Jess, Shaun, or Darin, highlighting 1 to 3 communities each show, quickly mentioning the website/forum, and what that community has happening at the time.

I'd like to see ad-on shifters and clutches for all the people who purchased "less expensive" FFB wheels(got a DFGT for $50 on ebay a month ago). There are just some places where its really required to use a clutch even when its set to auto in the settings. So, a hardware segment on ad-on clutches/shifters for us budget racers would be really appreciated. Love the show, and I'm glad for once, the beauty isn't just some token model, and actually knows a bit about racing (not talking about you, Sean, lol).

I love the DFGT wheel for the price, but didn't realize how necessary a clutch would be for some of the games like rfactor. In V8Factor, for instance, i sometimes can't even get moving without hitting the clutch "button" I mapped. Even when i have the peddle to the floor, It can take literally seconds just to get the car to 5mph, especially when the wheel is turned to the extreme axis (like when turning back to right direction after spin out, while off the track). When using a button clutch though, its waaay to easy to spin tires on accident, and taking 6 seconds to get to 5mph is a race killer as any racer would know. Makes me wonder why they just don't add an analog pressure sensitive button for the clutch on the shifter or something. I just couldn't afford a g25/g27 on a disabled Veterans pay right now, and when I saw the DFGT for that cheap I jumped on it. I like the wheel, and its force feedback capability, but really need a clutch add on for my pedals, even more than a standard shifter (but I want one of those too, lol!).

Havent looked through this whether anybody already suggested it, but I keep wondering why you never have done a segment about simraceway.

I know they are your main sponsors (are you actually linked with them ;) ), so might not be a critical segment, but I know it has been highly discussed in the comunity. But on the otherhand, when ever I enter their web page I don get it.... what exactly do the do and how?

Havent looked through this whether anybody already suggested it, but I keep wondering why you never have done a segment about simraceway.

I know they are your main sponsors (are you actually linked with them ;) ), so might not be a critical segment, but I know it has been highly discussed in the comunity. But on the otherhand, when ever I enter their web page I don get it.... what exactly do the do and how?

Yup...this is the reason I registered in this forum. I have the same curiousity. Many speculations are flying around the net about who and what and why simraceway. I hope being a premier simracing channel, you guys can clear some air on this matter.

Turn 10 - Clutch on A controller how is possible?

Clutch on A controller how is possible?

It does not do any sense,being the forza 3 simulation game.

Playing like this is no difficulty play with clutch in manual mode, if we overdo two buttons at the same time automatically. (A+X and A+B)

Is it because they don't lift off the throttle when shiftng which gives them more speed!!!

Playing this way the cars have more performance with (A+X and A+B) ...!!!

At least put the automatic clutch and manual clutcth with the same performance!!!!

So it will be more just to all.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forum ... px#3734496

Sorry my english.

Thx.

Darin, maybe it's time to take a step back to get a clearer picture and vision and maybe hopefully redirect 'the ship' a bit, so to speak. This is what I mean... You could well serve sim racing (the sport and hobby) by doing a segment(s) about the existence of our sim racing community, and what it's about and it's place and importance. You could highlight some of the many varied sim racing sites and the different forums. In this you could also 'educate' on proper, effective and appropriate communication that helps to build (and not tear apart) our sim racing community in a healthy manner. This way you can give many veterans and newbies alike an insight as to how we can support and maybe even influence modders, program developers, commercial enterprises and even real motorsports entities. Mainly though, how we can coexist together in our beloved community with our varied thoughts, viewpoints, thoughts and philosophy.

It saddened me a bit to see that you were sucked into believing that you had to defend you and your organization's contributions in that other community news organization. What you, Shaun, Jessica and your production crew have here is wonderful and incredible, and you Darin are too professional and classy a gentleman to allow yourself to be subjected to wothless and useless silliness. Therefore, taking that step back by educating in your usual positive and happy infectuous manner will go a long way toward helping to grow our community into being healthier and more civil. God bless.

I think i can understand that they need to put food on the table and send the kids to school (Jessica married? :( ), to say the least. Theyre doing a great job and im not complaining.

We can suggest, of course.

It looks like 3-D is going to be the next big thing in home video viewing.

I would like to see a segment on the future of racing sims using 3-D technology. I found this link: [urlhttp] which got me thinking about how great it would be to have depth of field when playing racing sims.

What about a short segment called 'Setup Secrets'

Give us a technical insight into car setups, cause and effect etc.

Then how this changes depending on tracks - Road vs Oval.

What about a short segment called 'Setup Secrets'

Give us a technical insight into car setups, cause and effect etc.

Then how this changes depending on tracks - Road vs Oval.

there was already. Shaun did one or two (or more) on setups explaining a couple of things with a little RC car. Would need to dig around myself to find out which episode, but already some time ago.