Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you like to see on our show

382 posts in this topic

Hey shawn, Darin, Jess and fellow sim racers

I'm only just startin out in the sim racing world, bein a console racer and all (Rage racer on Snes anyone? Ah sweet memories) I have to admit your show has been a great inspiration. Now find myself Fiendin' for each new episode. Any chance of a review on any of the "Trackstar 6000 combos" http://ecci6000.com/6000_combo_01.htm as their non FFB take seems intresting if a little costly, but as is frex's effort. And also the "Ivibe TFS2 intelliVIBE" http://www.ivibe.com/default.htm(If its still availble) i've read good things about both products some on this very forum http://isrtv.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=1239 but it would be nice to have a trusted opinion. thanx you guys, keep up the excellent work :mrgreen:

Hey starfox..Thanks for stopping by !

I actually replied to the "do you need ffb" thread as well..

If ECCI sends us one, we'll be all over it.. We've talked with them a few times.. I think they are much more interested in the commercial market versus retail.

The iVibe..we have one here and tested it on a very old show.. It was never fully developed.. Great idea though!

Hey shawn, Darin, Jess and fellow sim racers

I'm only just startin out in the sim racing world, bein a console racer and all (Rage racer on Snes anyone? Ah sweet memories) I have to admit your show has been a great inspiration. Now find myself Fiendin' for each new episode. Any chance of a review on any of the "Trackstar 6000 combos" http://ecci6000.com/6000_combo_01.htm as their non FFB take seems intresting if a little costly, but as is frex's effort. And also the "Ivibe TFS2 intelliVIBE" http://www.ivibe.com/default.htm(If its still availble) i've read good things about both products some on this very forum http://isrtv.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=108&t=1239 but it would be nice to have a trusted opinion. thanx you guys, keep up the excellent work :mrgreen:

We have done more on the "tech Tips" side verusus the 100-200 series of stuff. We may be doing more of those soon..

I don't know if you guys have done it yet but if you haven't done the Sim Racing 200 Series yet, then I wouldn't mind seeing that. :)

I would like to see more in-depth reviews of software. This past weekend I decided to try out PC Sim Racing and downloaded rFactor. I would really have liked to know more about the various products out there.

One thing I think would be of value (Not to me necessarily) is more in-depth information on SimRaceway.com. I know all about the 1-Click install but very little else ;)

I did really enjoy the trip to iRacing and its on my "To do in 2010" but there could be more information about their product as well.

Last but not least (And I know this is probably frowned upon) I think the show could have more in-depth Forza coverage. I know the site is more PC-centric but there are literally MILLIONS on console racers out there.

I have spent a lot of time trying to explain sim-ish racing to friends who will not go into Forza due to it being "Too much like work" learning even the most basic tuning.

I would like to see more in-depth reviews of software. This past weekend I decided to try out PC Sim Racing and downloaded rFactor. I would really have liked to know more about the various products out there.

One thing I think would be of value (Not to me necessarily) is more in-depth information on SimRaceway.com. I know all about the 1-Click install but very little else ;)

I did really enjoy the trip to iRacing and its on my "To do in 2010" but there could be more information about their product as well.

Last but not least (And I know this is probably frowned upon) I think the show could have more in-depth Forza coverage. I know the site is more PC-centric but there are literally MILLIONS on console racers out there.

I have spent a lot of time trying to explain sim-ish racing to friends who will not go into Forza due to it being "Too much like work" learning even the most basic tuning.

+1 for both points.

Coming into PC sim racing from the consoles about a month ago, I was quickly overwhelmed with the amount of information and the lack of a "tour guide".

I actually got a copy of rFactor from the online store about TWO months ago and installed it. But I barely touched it for a month! Here is why:

I picked it based on price and the fact that so many of the show's top sim cars were from this title. Upon installing, I thought something was horribly wrong..

-there were no real world tracks

- the cars were.... well you've seen the rFactor cars! I mean, they aren't bad... Unless you are coming from a console, where the culture is that a racer isn't even worth buying without licensed vehicles!

- the interface was SO confusing!

I eventually kept watching SRT and realized "hey they are rating cars that are not in my rfactor!" and it just so happened to be on an episode where Shawn mentioned rfactorcentral.com. So naturally I checked the place out, I taught myself how to download and install tracks and cars, at first. Then I figured out how to select different mods through vehicle selection. THEN i started to find out about addons like the map plug in and the real feal FFB! I think I am finally starting to get the hang of the game!

The driving curve is difficult enough (no colored arrows to tell you when to speed up or slow down!), but all of the file management and cool options are very inaccessible to the average computer user! Fortunately I've been doing mod stuff since the days of DOOM and loading / creating WAD files!

So, yeah... I'd say it'd be nice for you guys to select a title, and really zero on some the things that can make the title shine! For example, a show spotlighting the CTDP 2006 or 2005 mod for rFactor would be nice! It would be nice if, in said segment, it was made known that a user must FIRST have all of the tracks downloaded to run the real season intended for the mod! etc, etc.....

Don't know if this has been asked before..

but whAT ABOUT TOP TRACKS OF ALL TIME..

would be an interesting section of the show.

I know that in the beginning when they started the top cars, they also mentioned that they would do a top tracks segment later.

People are always debating which is the most realistic racing sim in terms of physics and force feedback but in reality most of us have never raced most of the cars and tracks we use in real life. It would be great if you could get a selection of real race drivers who are new to sim racing to test out the top sims in a shoot out to decide once and for all which is the most realistic racing sim. This may sound quite a lot to ask but it would make a great show if it could be done, its always very interesting to hear the opinions of real racing drivers on sim racing.

Also it would be good if you guys could make a trip to the UK to visit a formula 1 team to have a go on their simulators which they use to get their drivers ready for new tracks etc. These simulators are supposed to be ultra realistic which you'd expect given the teams budgets and all the data and technology at their dissposal. It would be interesting to see how you guys think they compare to the sims we have access to. As formula 1 teams are funded by their sponsers they are always looking for extra publicity to promote their teams so i'd have thought they'd be all for it.

Two ambitious ideas for special episodes i know but if you dont ask, you dont get :)

:idea: NASCAR coverage :idea:

NASCAR reviews

NASCAR NASCAR NASCAR :idea::idea::idea:

review all avaliable NASCAR mods for 2010 rFactor

also find out why IRACING doesn't have FORDS in their NASCAR :?:

if they are going to have NASCAR iracing available ALL manufactures should be included

thanks for a great show

include the MOMO in your wheel tests...lots of people run them!!!

it is a great entry level wheel

I would first like to say sorry to Darin about his break-up, but that brings me to the segment that his former girlfriend did previously. I think Jessica should start into the sim racing and we could follow her on what it is like to go from a beginner all the way up through. This would be interesting since I am new to sim racing and would like to see and hear Jessica's ordeals in sim racing as a newbie. Since you previously had this part of a long running show it would be cool to put Jessica into the "hot seat". If she can't do it then I think you should find someone who is brave enough to put themselves out there and show all the hurdles and stumbling blocks of a newbie to sim racing.

Hi, guys.

Happy New Year!

Long time follower and current member of operationsports.com.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Racing on the GO. I travel internationally and was glad I have a gaming laptop to bring along to my trip to Argentina and Australia. I use the 360 controller since bringing the g25 wheel along would be pushing it. How do you guys sim race on the GO?

2. I'd like to see a quick tutorial for modding our favorite sims. Most folks don't realize that the real fun starts after you've installed the core sim. Example: - start with a fresh rFactor install and step by step show how to mod it.

3. Would you dare talk about the unspoken mod for ARCA? How is it that you can find folks out there racing unreleased tracks?

Other suggestions:

-Offer to sell the piping that you use to build your cockpits or point us in the right direction.

-Organize a monthly sim race for your members/followers. I would be willing to help organize it. :)

-How about a yearly Sim Racing LAN Party?!?

Anyways, here's my email address [email protected]

Thanks, guys! (And gal.)

Not true. The next episode is the "ISR 55" which was supposed to air December 26th. According to the schedule, the 56th episode should also have aired already and the 57th would air on 9th. So they are way behind their schedule.

Darin posted earlier, shows 55 and 56 were swapped. So the next show was due on the 2nd according to the schedule. So they are not WAY behind, just a few days behind. Be patient. They're working hard to get it done. It just makes it all that much more worthwhile once it is produced.

Not sure how many caught on to the fact that she was my girlfriend. Well.. We hit a rough patch and are no longer living together. We still talk, but not sure about her sim racing career. She hasn't been on track in months now.

She was starting to get good too. Time to start looking for our next sim racer in training.

Your next sim racer in training should be Jessica!!

I would love to get SRT's take on Indianapolis 500 evolution for the xbox 360. I have the game and think its absolutely great. The history in the game makes it far worth the $25 I paid for it. There aren't any real reviews of the game, other then people who bash the games graphics because they aren't as good as Forza or the next sim. This is giving the game a bad rep and It is completely underrated. No It's not perfect but its a wonderful sim and is thoroughly enjoyable. I would love for you guys to review it and really get another perspective of this game.

I'd like to see retro segments. Reviews or at least features showing the earlier days of sim racing.

Despite the lack of good wheels, getting your takes on Le Mans and Ferarri on the Sega Dreamcast, all the way back to Indy 500 and older titles would be interesting. Even if just to witness the utter frustration and depression set into you guys as you try and play a game with a keyboard or joystick. Even Gran Turismo 1 would be cool, as it's got a place in history as a real attempt at bringing proper sims to consoles.

Thanks for the input. We find the idea of sitting in our expensive state-of-the-art simulation setups holding a Gameboy worthy of suggesting you go to hell. is a perfectly understandable reply, but it'd be interesting nonetheless.