Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you like to see on our show

382 posts in this topic

Yeah I really like how its integrated into the show.

Leaving pit is actually something I wouldnt have really thought of so its a big help to me...

Thanks Darin! I'm looking forward to future episodes.

Leaving pit lane is a small item that can cause big problems if you're not paying attention. I can't count how many times I've seen cars just pull into the racing line immediately coming out of the pits in iRacing. Some times they get away with it, and sometimes they don't. The Driver's Brief on the screen just before you join the race informs all racers to watch how they pull onto the track. They also tell us to not drive through pit stalls when you join a session, but I've had many a car in my lap when I've started a session! It's the simple details that make a difference in sim racing!

Perhaps a simple hotlap shootout.

Every show you could pick a game, pick a car and track, and spend no more than 1 hour running for a hotlap time. During that show you could tell the viewers the game details and your times so that we could have a crack with the hour limit too. Forza3 would be good fun for an opening hotlap competition.

I guess you could have prizes and such for any awesome times that viewers do, but even if it was all just for fun then i'm sure it would add to the show and give you guys some fun too.

Hey

I' ve read the whole six pages, and so far a lot of it have been cover, so I think a segment of your web page should include an history of the review you already did on the show, for all the review you always use a chart to rated the item so it should be easy for you to post it and to read for the user (Harware: weel, shifter etc...) ( Software: games) (Diy vs Racing rig) ect... This could be post on the web site in a written version for user used.

For the persons who don' t know how to get into sim racing, just go out there, I' m far from being a race driver, I' m 47 years old, never drive a real car in my life, so...But when I joind a race club they welcomed me, helped me and never judged me for my lack of experience, I always want to be the best on track but I have find some of the best person in those club...So just cross the starting line and get out there, it is more than fun!!!!

Now for what I would liuke to see on the show...

How to set up a car...I know Shaun did talk about it, but it was so precise I did get a lot of trouble to understand, (Remember the segment on transmition?) I would see something with the Centripetal Circuit on IRacing, going one step at the time and see the difference of the seting.

One more thing that would be nice is race line for different circuit and sim, I' m a Rfactor user and IRacing, seeing a lap done properly and explained how its done would be realy cool, and I' m sure user of different sim or game would love it, and a;l this could be easy to download for further reference.

Best regard Andre

Hey, one more thing or two!!!

Every now and then a tech guy for the hardware section (Sure Maxinum Pc would help you!!!), like every 3 months, and like I post on before on Jessica' s page, it would be nice to have her input on the sim or game review as she is not a hardcore racer, it would give a refreshing input in the topic.

Andre

Great idea PAPA, that is something that is in the works. If you look at the top sim car page, each car links to its episode. We have something like this coming in the future to help navigate the site.

why dont you show us that Camaro in real life you said you are working on???? I am new to watching the show loved it just a thought if already havnt done that? Just my Idea i would like to see some of your real cars if they are cool or somthing and on that note if you guys are into designing liveries and stuff on Forza maby show us some cool car concepts and even a tuner or two you have made in the game.

If you use this IDEA lol it would really be totally awsome if You said my Name on the show DIRTRIDER

Any way yay and FYI i dirt bike so............. ya explains the name

hi Darin, just wondering what happened to Andrea? she seemed to be progressing very well at iRacing.......coverage of a novice racer wading into the hardcore sim racing world was interesting, especially since it was a female entering a male dominated sport (she was our "Danica" ) ;-) Andrea has a unique perspective. that we can identify with from our first days of sim racing, although her situation is quite different than most of ours.

see ya trackside!

Rick

Not sure how many caught on to the fact that she was my girlfriend. Well.. We hit a rough patch and are no longer living together. We still talk, but not sure about her sim racing career. She hasn't been on track in months now.

She was starting to get good too. Time to start looking for our next sim racer in training.

hi Darin, just wondering what happened to Andrea? she seemed to be progressing very well at iRacing.......coverage of a novice racer wading into the hardcore sim racing world was interesting, especially since it was a female entering a male dominated sport (she was our "Danica" ) ;-) Andrea has a unique perspective. that we can identify with from our first days of sim racing, although her situation is quite different than most of ours.

see ya trackside!

Rick

well me being more into the competive racing side of sim racing, how bout maybe a feature focusing on sim leagues out there, kinda like a sim racing league of the month type deal, and also maybe user submitted footage or highlights of some good sim racing league action.

I know, I seem to only talk about FM3, but I think it would be cool to see you guys give us a reaction to Forza 3's Multiplayer system, since there will be plenty of us hitting the virtual tarmac today (it is 12:06, so there :P )

Sorry to hear about you and Andrea, Darin. Hopefully, it can be worked out in time...

As far as suggestions, how about a Racing Etiquette piece on patience? I've had some of the best online races ever on iRacing, but every once in a while, some guy in the rear will want to pass half the field in turn 1. You can imagine the chaos that ensues.

A little "mantra" piece to emphasize that, "Few races are won in the first turn, but many are lost there", might serve well to remind drivers that patience often reaps the most rewards. :)

Patience !! I love it ! I did mention "can't win in first turn" for my standing starts piece.. But I love it.. Track Tips.. "Patience"

Expect it soon !

Sorry to hear about you and Andrea, Darin. Hopefully, it can be worked out in time...

As far as suggestions, how about a Racing Etiquette piece on patience? I've had some of the best online races ever on iRacing, but every once in a while, some guy in the rear will want to pass half the field in turn 1. You can imagine the chaos that ensues.

A little "mantra" piece to emphasize that, "Few races are won in the first turn, but many are lost there", might serve well to remind drivers that patience often reaps the most rewards. :)

Hi Darin, love the show, been watching for several months now and have really enjoyed each episode.

I would like to see a segment comparing gaming computers, I recently started in iracing and my old computer struggles with the graphics and frame rate. Before I invest in new hardware I would like some advice about what to get. What graphics and sound cards are the best bang for the buck, what processor etc?

Is there an affordable prebuilt computer that would run the most popular racing sims well?

Keep up the good work and hope to see you on track in iracing once I progress a bit.

Hi Guys,

When you review Richard Burns Rally, I think it would be helpful to compare it to other rally racers especially Dirt 2. This does not have to be a fully blown comparative review, more the picking out of certain aspects that emphasise some strengths and weaknesses of each. By the way, your shows are really good fun and very informative. Keep up the great work.

Best wishes,

Paul

Hi Guys,

When you review Richard Burns Rally, I think it would be helpful to compare it to other rally racers especially Dirt 2. This does not have to be a fully blown comparative review, more the picking out of certain aspects that emphasise some strengths and weaknesses of each. By the way, your shows are really good fun and very informative. Keep up the great work.

Best wishes,

Paul

I would also like you to add Dirt 1 to that list because the first Dirt was a lot more Rally focused.