Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you like to see on our show

382 posts in this topic

I love the system you guys use to rate these games. It works well for the general consumer. One thing I would like to see however, is a little more detailed physics reporting on the hardcore sims. Granted, this may not be something a majority of your viewers will understand or care about when it comes to buying the sim. It will however give the hardcore sim racers a much better idea on determining which sim they might try.

As for how to achieve this... Perhaps showing a really fast on board with a driver discussing the way the car reacts at different points of the track, the balance of the car in certain situations, etc. As I said before, this isn't something you need to do for every sim, just the ones hardcore sim user might be in the market for.

Example:

- overlay audio from the driver.

Xbox 360 lack in good wheel support :( so could you review how the Porche wheel feels on 'Forza 2', 'Pro Racer' and so on seeing that Forza 3 is coming out this October :lol: . I had the 'MS wireless' wheel but it was like you know, one of those uncomfortable soft handshakes, hardly any force feedback :roll: .

Is there any way you could review the Microsoft wireless racing wheel for the xbox 360? I have been told that its not that good but for only $100 im probably going to pick one up, and i have always wondered how the force feedback is on it.

Hi Darin,

I am new to the race sim. But after having tryied GRID i am hooked!

I am thinking about upgrading my pc to run Nvidias 3D Vision and i would love to se a review by you guys before i spent the money.

Do's it improve the expiriance as much as Nvidia claimes?

Love your progarme.

Caspar

I noticed the recent episodes covering how to get started in online racing. This applies to me because I have raced AI for years and years but never felt comfortable enough with my skills to go online. I'm wondering if maybe there is enough community support here to take the next step. Interactive instruction.

I would think that maybe some of the veteran racers wouldn't mind voulenteering some time to rookies like me providing instruction about simracing some of the DO's and DO NOT's a few practice sessions building on the basics and ultimately culminating in a Rookie Cup. Maybe a small series 3 races or so allowing us new racers to get our feet wet in a positive and supportive atmosphere negating a lot of the initial intimidation factor so often associated with online racing.

SRT could cover the events in a series of episodes, the community can participate by way of helping with tech information, setting up things like Ventrilo, running a dedicated server for practice and instruction. Maybe vendors can participate with offering a copy of a sim to vets for service or a copy to the race winners in the "Cup"

Just a thought.

I am seriously considering the purchase of the Fanatec Rennsport Cockpit -- to go along with the Porche 911 Turbo S wheel and pedal combo I purchased alittle while ago.....my goal is to get a cockpit before the release of Forza 3 :D And shelling out the big dollars for the Fanatec Rennsport Cockpit has me alittle on edge as to weather it is worth it or not.

So out of curiousity are you guys going to be reviewing it on an up and coming episode in the near future?

Ive spent alot of time on youtube watching the episodes and thought since srt is about racing maybe throwing in a tidbit here and there about real world racing, maybe interviewing a couple of drivers and getting some tips from them. Otherwise you guys are doing a great job!

We'll be doing one soon !!

I am seriously considering the purchase of the Fanatec Rennsport Cockpit -- to go along with the Porche 911 Turbo S wheel and pedal combo I purchased alittle while ago.....my goal is to get a cockpit before the release of Forza 3 :D And shelling out the big dollars for the Fanatec Rennsport Cockpit has me alittle on edge as to weather it is worth it or not.

So out of curiousity are you guys going to be reviewing it on an up and coming episode in the near future?

I would love to see the gameracer pro cockpit for review because its 150 bucks cheaper than the elite and I dont think its 150 bucks craper. I think it might be even more comfortable then the elite as well. I also think it would nice to see the people how have time on both to see the differences and overall choose the best one

Thank you for your time PS I love the show and hope it continues for a long long time to come.

id really like to see you continue the cheap racing rigs segment and showing diy rigs as well. as far as game mods go idk if it was built from scratch but if you go to bigdonlinemotorsports.com/358modified.html youll find a 358 big block dirt modified mod for nr 2003. amazing dirt feel in this mod. just set the car up and youll be slingin dirt in no time!!! also there are a lot of other mods out there if you look hard enough but i digress. i guess the only other thing i could say id like to see is more game reviews and maybee some tips on diy tricks you can do yourself to enhance the gaming experience like ( i dont know if you can even do it) modding your wheel and quick fixes for broken parts etc. great show love the dedication you guys have(and gals) oh yeah maybee more sim racing hilites from endurance races and dmp! thanks again!

hardware review:

3 screens

vs

big screen TV (50"+)

vs

projector

vs

frex CanopySCREEN (if you can get your hands on one)

pros and cons

which gives the most imersion in your opinion

With immersion a big part of the experience in sim-racing, I'd like to see something more in-depth on the D-box. It was briefly touched on while you guys were at CES and it really looks like the next big thing for feeding the racing addiction! ;)

hey darin, thanks for getting back to me about the show schedule. hope you guys can iron out something solid soon ;) as far as what id like to see on the show i know ive already commented once but, i think the show you did involving server behavior is a good thing to expand on. all too often the pick up games are filled with ppl who are really racing but the dont know any racing"manners". In addition i'd really love to see more DIY things you can do to upgrade a sim rig for cheap, I just modded an old wingman action pad for extra buttons for race 07 like starter, ignition, e-brake view change and the 360 deg. directional is now head movement left/ right and up/down. also feild of view up/down in/out is on button layout. totally free and easy mod to do and lots of ppl who cant afford track ir could do this free!(or for the cost of an old crappy usb controller).

Hi!

I recently heard about the T.O.O.B. It's basically a half-dome shaped projection screen, much like the Frex canopy. But this one has a twist: it uses a curved mirror to remove distortions (from what I can tell). Here's a

showing what it looks like in use.

These guys are in California, and they have stuff for rental. Would be quite nice if you did a review of this! :) I'm sure a lot of simracers are intrigued by a thing like this.

i notice you do a lot of reviews on virtual racing cars/seats. may be something in the small market would be more helpful.but most of them are beyond a simracer reach & price range,so i link you here : prices are still high and they work for all.consoles & pc

prces from 407 pounds(gbp)

http://playseats.biz/shop/cat042.php?n=1

Yeah this is kinda true...Maybe make a show devoted to the less money having people (poor people lol)

I mean, I'm very interested in getting a cockpit but I think I'm going to have to go and build one due to the super high prices on most...

Hi!!!

I just have to say, great shows everyone!

I am only missing one part... the bloopers at the end of the shows. Ofc of all of you, but I must admit I most of all loved Jessica's bloopers, but that was probably cus she said so much wrong at the begginning. But I guess all of you have improved on this part and dont do the same among of bloopers as you all get more experience, but I am sure all of you still do some blooper from time to time :P

Anyway, good luck with the upcoming releases ;)

And I kind of miss the old SSCA times :x

Petter !!

GReat to see you here bud !!

Bloopers.. You're right.. we don't have as many as we used to.. Jess is getting too good !

We miss SSCA too.. Unfortunately.. we don't have time to do it any longer..

Thanks for watching and great to see you here !

Darin

Hi!!!

I just have to say, great shows everyone!

I am only missing one part... the bloopers at the end of the shows. Ofc of all of you, but I must admit I most of all loved Jessica's bloopers, but that was probably cus she said so much wrong at the begginning. But I guess all of you have improved on this part and dont do the same among of bloopers as you all get more experience, but I am sure all of you still do some blooper from time to time :P

Anyway, good luck with the upcoming releases ;)

And I kind of miss the old SSCA times :x

As a newcomer to sim racing, I'd love to see some "rules of the road" segments that cover proper race etiquette. So many of the people involved in sim racing have been doing it for years and years that newbies can find it a bit intimidating and stick to racing only the computer (not NEARLY as much fun!) - it's OK to be the new guy, but you don't want to act like you're that new guy that just messed up or stands out like a sore thumb.

As a newcomer to sim racing, I'd love to see some "rules of the road" segments that cover proper race etiquette. So many of the people involved in sim racing have been doing it for years and years that newbies can find it a bit intimidating and stick to racing only the computer (not NEARLY as much fun!) - it's OK to be the new guy, but you don't want to act like you're that new guy that just messed up or stands out like a sore thumb.

I was actually about to post just this request...

My G25 is going to get here Monday or Tuesday and I really dont want to go out on the track and get labeled as a noob that cant drive.

I fine with being the new guy....I just dont want to be the new guy that starts accidents/constantly does things wrong.

It doesnt even have to be a full blown episode...Could just put out like a minisode or somthing

Things could be like Following distances, passing, yellow flags, pitting, (bump)drafting, and being passed...

i think it would be cool to do a review on "free" racing games, theres a few, even arcadish but are really fun like track mania nations *really fun keyboard game to pass time*, and than theres Project Torque that is really good for a racing massive multiplayer *kind of like a rpg game that you have to level up", you guys should check it out it supports steering wheel and some real cars/decent physics http://project-torque.aeriagames.com/

5-6

We just started a segment called "Track tips" that was in this last episode. We're going to try and go over a lot of what you mentioned.. You gave me some great ideas for it.. Thanks !

Darin

I was actually about to post just this request...

My G25 is going to get here Monday or Tuesday and I really dont want to go out on the track and get labeled as a noob that cant drive.

I fine with being the new guy....I just dont want to be the new guy that starts accidents/constantly does things wrong.

It doesnt even have to be a full blown episode...Could just put out like a minisode or somthing

Things could be like Following distances, passing, yellow flags, pitting, (bump)drafting, and being passed...