Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you like to see on our show

382 posts in this topic

maybe it's nice to see an preview of race-games coming out in 2009. It would be nice to see you guys brainstorm about possible new features and must haves in all the new sims coming out like GT5 and the new F1 game by Codemasters.

It's just a small idea because your shows rock! the mix of reviews, mod-squad, new Sim-stuff etc. is just perfect! Keep it up!

Grtz from the Netherlands

VincentD

Let us know here.. what you would like to see on SRT ?

umm, i would really like to see Jessica in a bikini!! lol :lol::lol: 8) jk guys, great show!!

i have to agree, i love the mod squad stuff, the sim-gear and products review, and the preview and review of the latest and greatest sims and console games...dont know how to make it better!!

love the contests, and giveaways too!! i think if you can do some more real life to simracing and vice versa, as far as how it helps, who has done both, (i.e aja, jr, denny, etc) and some maybe behind the scenes stuff on how to prepare, organize, and get ready to race or admin a big real online simrace...

and ofcourse iracing coverage for sure!! esp. the division winners, as i am now one of them!!

great show!! go jess!! and darin & shaun :lol:

We'll be covering those new releases and will pass along any info we have on the development of Codemasters F1 titles. I know they have a forum setup for it and the devs have talked a little about things..

Our next episode will have a little more console news..

Darin

maybe it's nice to see an preview of race-games coming out in 2009. It would be nice to see you guys brainstorm about possible new features and must haves in all the new sims coming out like GT5 and the new F1 game by Codemasters.

It's just a small idea because your shows rock! the mix of reviews, mod-squad, new Sim-stuff etc. is just perfect! Keep it up!

Grtz from the Netherlands

VincentD

We will be doing a full review on RBR that will include tips on RSRBR 09.. Post your problems in our Richard Burns section here in the SSCA forums.. If you click on Board Index, you will see our RBR section..

To SimRaceStarter.. We'll be doing lots of news things in 09 ;)

Stay tuned !

Thanks for watching guys !

I'd like to see a review of controllers suitable for motorcycle racing games (like the recently reviewed MotoGP 08), and a review of "travel" controllers that you can use to hit the track while on vacation or after-work hotel living--when taking the G25 is just not possible.

i notice you do a lot of reviews on virtual racing cars/seats. may be something in the small market would be more helpful.but most of them are beyond a simracer reach & price range,so i link you here : prices are still high and they work for all.consoles & pc

prces from 407 pounds(gbp)

http://playseats.biz/shop/cat042.php?n=1

Stay tuned ;)

I'd like to see a review of controllers suitable for motorcycle racing games (like the recently reviewed MotoGP 08)

I use a Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless controller with MotoGP 07 and now 08. Comes with a USB Bluetooth receiver that works quite well. Most games seem to automatically recognize the controller and map all the buttons and triggers just as you find them on the consule. For the price, you really can't beat this controller.

As for show suggestions - how about a segment on building a budget minded racing rig? Like someone else mentioned, many of us don't have the means to build a rig, such as those seen on your show.

Another quick suggestion.

It would be nice to have your reviews in written form on your web site. This would not only add valuable content to your web site, but it would also make going back and finding old reviews much easier. Just a thought. :)

Just joined and this is my first post here.

I am just getting into sim racing, although I have played many racing games in the past. To date my favorite has been the Gran Turismo series for the play station, but I have always wanted to see them include damage effects.

Back on topis though; I'd like to see more about getting started in sim racing. I have seen the 101 and 102 episodes. But I'd like to see more details about which sim to start with and what equipment to use.

Well.. Best sims to start with are probably Live For Speed and the Sim Bin titles.. Then rFactor once you're ready for file management.. But... GTR Evolution has a lot of mods now too...

Equipment.. depends on your budget..

Feel free to email me with some direct questions and I'll be happy to help

[email protected]

Just joined and this is my first post here.

I am just getting into sim racing, although I have played many racing games in the past. To date my favorite has been the Gran Turismo series for the play station, but I have always wanted to see them include damage effects.

Back on topis though; I'd like to see more about getting started in sim racing. I have seen the 101 and 102 episodes. But I'd like to see more details about which sim to start with and what equipment to use.

I would like to see an episode on building or buying a cockpit, or "pod" as you call them. I have a playseat classic, but it's too flimsy. I have blueprints for the Microsim Racebase Cockpit:

http://nascar.about.com/od/pcsimulation ... cebase.htm

but I don't know if I want to commit to build it. Also looking into buying a hyperstimulator:

http://www.hyperstimulator.com/

Currently, I'm just driving my desk, as it's very solid.

I'd like to see a whole episode on this topic, covering all of the above, and any home grown solutions.

Thanks!

No beating around the bush here, and speaking as a total newbie, I would love to see:

More on how to go about SIM RACING, rather than what is going on IN SIM RACING.

The show is fantastic, but 99% of it seems to focus on what's going on in the SIM world, rather than how to get into it in the first place, how to go about joining teams, how to get the software and what to do with it when you get it - coming from the plug-in-and-play console gaming world, these PC sims seem VERY complicated and confusing!! It would be great to see episodes on navigating the software, adding mods, cars and setups to your games and 'twiddling' the available car setups and game configs etc.

How about an episode on cockpits guys? Possibly THE most important thing you can have in SIM racing, and I have NEVER seen an episode on them. I spent months trying to find a decent cockpit to drive in, and ended up making one out of an old stool, some planks of wood and a piece of carpet! I now have a GameRacer cockpit (thanks to my credit cards), but it would be great to see an episode on home-made cockpits as well as commercially available ones. I would like to see more cross-platform reviews of software and hardware. Most gamers have XBOXs, PS3s AND PCs.

I would also LOVE to see some track driving guides. It is great to watch the F1 cars and their onboard laps and commentary on YouTube, so some episodes on how to race 'properly' (i.e. QUICKLY) around some of the best known tracks would be great!

Love the shows so far! :D I agree that there needs to be more information on how to get into sim racing (installing sims, navigating, modding, finding leagues, joining them, how to prepare, computer specs and setup).

Good information on different types and styles of racing setups (pods) for home use. I use my slide out keyboard shelf for this now. I get 3 or 4 guys to come over every now and then and I use a fold out table to put 3 of my pc's on and their's too. I've noticed some of the shows will have guys using a compact, very sturdy looking, small square metal tubing, steering wheel and monitor holder. I would love to see detailed pictures or video or even downloadable plans for these types of small pods.

You know how you crank up GTR2 and LFS and all the cars and tracks seem to match each other? Well this brings me to my next paragraph:

About rFactor: I seem to be overwhelmed at all of the hundreds of gigabytes of stuff I have downloaded for it. A few good shows would be to go through some of the highest quality mods and then more importantly which tracks match that mod well. I know I'm not alone here in hitting a track in a few different mods and it seeming like I'm on ice or oil only to have the next mod hook up pretty well. Like actually naming a whole season track pack (and which version and maker of these tracks) to get and use. AND any different things that go with those mods like steering wheel setups, car setups, ini tweaks, realfeel, and other settings. Be specific (I know you will fight the fanboys on which mods and tracks you choose) so we can actually wind up with a whole mod package that feels like a whole different sim all by itself and eliminate all the non compatible stuff in the install.

Thanks for reading. I've enjoyed all that SRT has done so far! Enjoyed many of these requests also,

NitroStar

Well I've got tons of ideas on how you guys could make SRT even better and you can have them for free! I'll just bring them up one idea per post so pardon me if I do a few replies in a row before anyone else gets in here.

My first ( epic ) idea on how you guys could further expand the SRT empire ( lol jk )

These forums...

You guys are always telling people to subscribe to your youtube channel and to put comments there but always fail to mention these boards... which may as well be dead no thanks to their lack of promotion.

I don't mean dead in a mean way, I just wish there were more activity here. You guys could really do some neat things with the boards here, this could easily be THE place to go to discuss sim racing on the internet if we ( "we" being the combination of you guys at SRT and all the fans ) were to make it more happening.

More traffic on your forums = more content = even more traffic = even more content = etc etc you see how it just keeps growing. More traffic on your forums = more youtube subscriptions = more value to your airtime to your sponsors. More traffic on your forums = more views and clicks on your banner ads = more value to your advertisers. There's no denying that views, subscriptions, and banner clicks are what make your business tick or at least stay mostly out of the red ;)

You guys could do a little 30 second segment on the show that was like a "weekly discussion topic" for the forums to encourage people who want to get involved and be active in discussions here to actually do so. The segment could consist of someone reading off some kind of debate-inducing question or proposal and then telling folks to come to these boards and sign up (more registered user accounts on your forums = more regular visitors and supporters = higher value to your sponsors... once again, lol) to come tell everyone what they think about your dumb opinions :mrgreen: (GT vs Forza anyone?)

Something to think about is that when you encourage people to do all the discussion and commenting on your youtube profile rather than on these forums then google is getting all the advertising money off all the website visits generated from the debate rather than you... and I know of course you're never gonna stop the youtube commenting nor should you, I'm not saying youtube comments are a bad thing but just that SOMEONE is profiting off of the website traffic those comments generate... and there's no reason why such discussions couldn't be happening here where it's gonna earn YOU guys some web traffic, eh?

Next idea for you guys at SRT. Remember this is constructive criticism here so nobody flame me over this.

Your Website.

In episode 40 you rip on some guy for his ancient site that still needs .htm typed in at the end of the page, which gave me a good laugh cause my general impression of the SRT website is that it's lacking something and feels a bit unfinished. Idunno, it's a lot better now polish wise than it was a few months back but it's still missing a lot of content, or at least if feels like it is.

One thing I personally would really like to see is better written summaries of all your videos, especially product/racing event names and urls that you guys flash on the screen during the show... seeing as it's an internet show it seems kind of old school and tv-like to just flash urls up there like an infomercial rather than giving people some real links they can click in a browser.

Right now I think the only way someone is going to be able to find one of your videos with a text-based search engine ( every search engine I know of ) is by those very short summaries on the video archive page or in the recent shows section of the home page... not very much to find you by :(

If you had one short paragraph ( 3-5 sentences? ) summarizing each episode along with a list of a) any products reviewed, racing events mentioned, etc and B) links for any websites mentioned during the show it would really add a lot of content and reasons for people to be on your website for longer periods of time... not to mention that now there's more content on your site for search engines to crawl across and get you that much better of a chance of coming up in any searches for related subjects.

Like right now the Video Archives page is great the way it is with those short little summaries... I wouldn't say to put longer summaries and all the links and whatnot on that page, but rather when you click the red titlebar bit for each video it takes you to another ( basically blank ) page with just the video embedded in a larger size...

Why not have these individual pages for each video also contain the longer summary and links as I described earlier? Maybe even a comments section for peoples feedback on your videos like how a blog post would have.