Accuforce owners thread - Setups and tuning talk
10 10

108 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2016 at 7:21 AM, Mayaman said:

Hi guys,

Couple of questions.

1.  I have my Accuforce in Assetto Corsa setup up wonderfully except for the oscillating on straights.  No matter what car. it cogs back and forth until the cars loses control unless I really really compensate.  How do I get rid of this.  Other than that I think I have it where I want it.  I got rid of the annoying ratatatatat sound by getting rid of the tarmac surface feedback.

2.  When I change settings in the simcommander software without a game running, is that the same as when the game is running?  In other words, I start the game, launch simcomannder and attack to the game.  Then I go into the games settings and make some changes.  Is that saved automatically?  Because I don't see a save tab.

Thanks 

You may be able to use a small amount of Friction in SC4 to tame Oscillations if the Dynamic Oscillation setting doesn't help. Some cars may be more prone to the issue than others and higher force settings can add fuel to the fire as well. Use as little friction as possible to avoid loss of detail.

You can use some game-FFB smoothing to soften any harsh detail if you would like to fill some of the voids in FFB.

It also seems as though AC FFB can clip (Software clipping) at pretty low FFB Gain settings (as low as 50% reported in some cases) although, I'm not suggesting that has any bearing on Oscillation behavior - it's just something to be aware of.

Le 9 September 2016 à 2:57 AM, Mayaman a dit :

Thanks, I'll try that next week, I had cataract surgery yesterday so I'm out of comission for 2 weeks. :(

Terrible timing, blah.

Hi - hope your recovery from cataract surgery goes well. Love your rig. When you are back online, would love to try your AC settings from Simcommander and how they relate to the in game controller/advanced profile. Chasing the holy grail in ffb can be time consuming and I'd like to try your settings. Hope you can share on owners club and put the AC game controller settings up too, to avoid any discrepancy. Cheers, Paul

I guess I am a little confused as to how the in-game FFB setting vs. the Steering Feedback foundation works. I have the in-game FFB turned off in sim-commander, and the SFF turned on in sim-commander.  
I assumed that that would in essence "disable" the in game FFB and override those settings. However, in iracing, to test this, I started with the FFB in game set around 9, then dialed it up to 20, and sure enough, the steering became much harder. 

Also, separate question, but, what exactly is "joystick commander"? I did a google search, but turn up only one mention of it, and I don't see it in any documentation. Is it simply to map keys buttons to commands so to speak?

Edited by iliadz

The behavior with iRacing and SC4 is odd if you have the game FFB toggled off; I can't say I've ever seen that happen, certainly not with other titles.

In theory, you'd use one or the other; Game FFB or SC4 Foundation FFB with additional effects for bumps and other feedback. Some report good results by combining both systems to some degree. In most cases, I find the Game FFB works best but, there are exceptions; Dirt Rally being one of those IMO.

JoyStick Commander is for setting up various controllers and allows greater versatility for use with games that may not offer good button/controller support. It' can also be an easy way to launch games using different configurations in one easy step. You can also configure other launch functions for 3rd-party apps that you want to use.

Just setting up my Accuforce for the first time and it seems to be going okish.

I had been using OBS to record and stream races, but now the games are launced through SC4 OBS isn't picking them up, anyone had this and know how to solve the issue?

This is sorted now.

Edited by tonypbeck

I've seen that happen with SC4. I suspect something didn't quite take but, there are a few of things you can try:

1) Make sure SC4 is pointed to the correct game parameters and Steam folder (Steam app# or Game EXE file)

2) You can delete the game profile in SC4 and re-run Auto Search and Auto Discover; then be sure to exit and restart SC4

3) Be sure that there are no issues related to AV programs

Now you can test again to see if it's reading game data / recording telemetry; if not, one last step is to reboot your PC and test again.  Beyond that, you may need to re-install SC4 and start fresh. If you do, be sure to re-boot after the install and restart SC4 after the initial setup.