Accuforce owners thread - Setups and tuning talk
10 10

108 posts in this topic

BarryT,

Quick question, I have the same issue as you do. However not too savy with figuring wiring out.  Do you happen to have a schematic or drawing of the wiring you did?  I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Yes, but there is some USB controllers that can't handle the 1000Hz data rate of the AF, it causes a PID.DLL crash

For example it won't work with the USB 3.0 on my motherboard but it will on a PCIe USB 3.0 card that I use. Asus board in particular seem to have this bug.

Finally have everything set up in the Porsche cockpit.  Pedals are recognized by windows as is the Accuforce, the GS4, and my Fanatec shifter.  But when I go into any game, doesn't matter which game, none of the games see the Accuforce, the pedals, the shifter.  Nothing.

Go back into windows, everything is calibrated and seen.  Go into game, nada.  WTF?

Go into SimCommander 4 and it sees the GS4 and Accuforce.  Start Project Cars from Simcommander 4, it launches, the Dbox and GS4 activate and are working but no steering, shifter or pedals.  Go to add them in the Project cars settings and nothing, nothing is recognized.  Again WTF.  Please help.

thanks 

9 hours ago, Mayaman said:

Finally have everything set up in the Porsche cockpit.  Pedals are recognized by windows as is the Accuforce, the GS4, and my Fanatec shifter.  But when I go into any game, doesn't matter which game, none of the games see the Accuforce, the pedals, the shifter.  Nothing.

Go back into windows, everything is calibrated and seen.  Go into game, nada.  WTF?

Go into SimCommander 4 and it sees the GS4 and Accuforce.  Start Project Cars from Simcommander 4, it launches, the Dbox and GS4 activate and are working but no steering, shifter or pedals.  Go to add them in the Project cars settings and nothing, nothing is recognized.  Again WTF.  Please help.

thanks 

So the AccuForce is active in SC4 and you have the appropriate output tabs showing up in the game profiles?

Go to Output Mixer/Wizard and "Synchronize to Currently Detected Devices" just to be sure.

The only other thing I can think of is a hardware conflict or a poor connection in the AF cables. Also, be sure there isn't a button or shifter activated when setting functions.

To get Sim Commander to work  you need to have the memory option checked in PCars. 

Have you tried to calibrate it ? The peripherals you have connected probably all have to be manually setup. Have you tried any other titles ?

Since you see them in Windows, you should see them in game. 

In pCars you need to go into the controller mapping and remap new gear before you can calibrate it...at least that's what I had to do when going from CSP's to MPPC pedals.  Drove me crazy knowing they were working and calibrated in Windows, worked in all other Sims...and just got nada in pCars until I re-mapped the controls.

On 10/05/2016 at 6:25 PM, Anthony A. said:

Bailey and Aqib, did you ever get your wheel sorted out by eliminating that rat-tat-tat noise as well as getting more detail out of the wheel?

I never was able to eliminate it and ended up selling it.. Maybe Avenga or Darin might have some more tips on how to get it sorted

2 hours ago, Mayaman said:

Does anyone know why the Accuforce goes crazy in Pcars?  It literally spun crazy when I was braking and almost broke my fingers and destroyed my coiled usb cable. Only happens in Pcars. 

You using Foundation FFB or Game FFB? Try switching between both to see which is better, I have a feeling it'll be better with Foundation for PCars with the oscillation turned down 

Edited by UNKLE

LOL sorry my friend I have no idea what that means. Do you mean, don't calibrate the wheel in Pcars?

Or change something in simcommander? 

Sorry, still having a terrible time with simcommander. Have no idea wtf to do with it. 

I know I saw some threads last year about this exact issue, I thought there was a specific fix. As it stands now Pcars is unplayable. 

30 minutes ago, Mayaman said:

LOL sorry my friend I have no idea what that means. Do you mean, don't calibrate the wheel in Pcars?

Or change something in simcommander? 

Sorry, still having a terrible time with simcommander. Have no idea wtf to do with it. 

I know I saw some threads last year about this exact issue, I thought there was a specific fix. As it stands now Pcars is unplayable. 

In SimCommander if you open up the PCars profiles you can switch between the Game FFB setting and Foundation FFB setting.  Foundation will likely be switched off, try switching that on and the Game FFB setting off in the same profile.  This will switch the AF from using the sim FFB and instead it will create its own FFB using telemetry it gets from the sim.

rf2%201_zpsdcm4upln.jpg

Edited by UNKLE

I use only Foundation FFB in Pcars; I find it's much easier to tune than the Pcars FFB and I get very good results. Be sure that you have "Shared Memory" enabled, it's under the Pcars Hardware tab.

For tuning the AF with SC4, I recommend checking out MockRacer's AF Tuning Guide.

http://www.mockracer.com/2015/07/accuforce-settings-for-dummies.html

Even then, Pcars does have occasional fits with the steering output; OSW and AF users have complained about it in the Pcars forums. I think they had it fixed at one time but, it may have emerged again.  I don't run the force settings close to max so I can generally handle any irregular wheel behavior but, it can sneak up on you.

Quick question:

I'm having some problems setting mine up for iRacing. I saw all of Avenga76's posts but I think the accuforce changed a lot since then. Can somebody postpics of each screen in a simcommander iracing profile? Or at least share a profile and let me know which one it is (open wheeler like formula 2.0 preferably but I can tune after, it's just the base setting that I'm struggling with)!

Thanks

For those also loving the GT3 cars in R3E, here are my settings:

SimCommander 4

Device settings

Responsive wheel mode
Intensity 100%
Smoothing 1.18%
Degrees of rotation 540
Stop spring 6%
Stop damper 0%

Effects

Game FF 100%
Game FF smoothing 1.57%
AF fluid dampening 7.45%
AF friction 7.45%
Dynamic oscillation control stationary 100%
Dynamic oscillation control moving 100%

In R3E

Advanced settings

Steering sensitivity 75%
Steering dead zone 0%

Force Feedback

FF intensity 100%
Smoothing 0%
FF Spring 0%
FF damper 0%

Steering force intensity 45%
FF minimum force 0%
Unde steer 35%
Vertical load 100%
Lateral force 80%
Steering rack 50%

Slip effect 25%
Engine vibrations 0%
Keen vibrations 20%
Shift effect 80%

I hope this helps. Let me know if you tweak it for any improvements, I'm always open for suggestions.

To be very honest I have always been surprised at the variance between other's SC & game profiles and my own, hence I never felt I should give my two cents.

For instance... switchface is using Kerb Vibrations, Slip and Shift Effect in RaceRoom. Using any of those causes harmonic noise in my AF. Also, I would not need to add kerb vibrations as I am already getting a fist full to begin with. lol

The rat-a-tat-tat sounds that annoyed me at one time were simply related to certain settings. I can make the wheel very noisy or quiet by using certain settings. Some titles seem to have a far more noticeable effect.

Bailey

Edited by lopsided

I think that's why its neat to see everyone's settings.  I have no idea how my setup stacks up to others (I got mine from other people's guides anyway).  So to take Bailey's point, I'll try to remove those settings tonight and see what happens...who knows, I may like it! 

Hi guys,

Couple of questions.

1.  I have my Accuforce in Assetto Corsa setup up wonderfully except for the oscillating on straights.  No matter what car. it cogs back and forth until the cars loses control unless I really really compensate.  How do I get rid of this.  Other than that I think I have it where I want it.  I got rid of the annoying ratatatatat sound by getting rid of the tarmac surface feedback.

2.  When I change settings in the simcommander software without a game running, is that the same as when the game is running?  In other words, I start the game, launch simcomannder and attack to the game.  Then I go into the games settings and make some changes.  Is that saved automatically?  Because I don't see a save tab.

Thanks 

Hey Wil,

I can't answer #1 as I really have never come to grips with AC (although I must say your custom view for your rig is pretty badass dude!).  If you have settings you like, please share your SimCommander + AC settings so I can give it a whirl.

To your 2nd question, it saves/adjusts on the fly.  So you can be in a game, alt tab to the SimCommander window to make adjustments which will register immediately.