Accuforce owners thread - Setups and tuning talk
10 10

108 posts in this topic

Awesome, looking forward to seeing a review for it! Can you keep it?

Thanks and yes.. First up will be a first look and impressions. Also plan some tuning videos as well to help others get the most out of their wheels.

Hey Darin, if you get a chance can you ask Berney when he'll be caught up with pre-orders.  I want to just pay for it and get it within 3 weeks rather than pre-order and wait for all that batch number nonsense.

They are building a new facility and are working toward having them on the shelf to deliver when ordered. They are hoping very soon and want to have it that way probably as bad as you want to not deal with batch order nonsense :-)  

That's awesome Darin. Give me a yell if you need any help tuning the wheel.

Make sure to try out the new beta responsive mode and force boost. It makes a big difference.

I definitely will, thanks ! I have the new beta version and downloaded the tuning guide. About to turn some laps and get to tuning !

Congrats Darin! I'm going to need those videos. Finally got some free time and for the life of me I can't auto tune anything. Only game it works good with for me is assetto corsa. And hot damn is it brilliant in that gamegame!

Hey Darin, if you get a chance can you ask Berney when he'll be caught up with pre-orders.  I want to just pay for it and get it within 3 weeks rather than pre-order and wait for all that batch number nonsense.

Are you joking? You have to pay in advance just to get on the waiting list. The ordering numbers are not the sequence of delivery. I read that some people ordering batch 3 in january don´t have one yet. According to their website the delivery was during April & May. Maybe paid to late, i don´t know. I´m in batch 5 (supposed to be delivered through Sep.-Oct.) and will hopefully get it before November, but Darin is giving me hope :rolleyes:

PS: I asked the support if they could tell me at least the month of delivery, because ordering 6 days after the batch 4 window should give me a good position for batch 5. They never answered.  

Great Darin!! My wife gave me the OK to buy the wheel but 2 weeks later she found out about the price while we were having dinner and she choked. Its still an "OK" but I cannot rush it now :) Hopefully buy the time I make the order the waiting list is gone for good. Cant wait for your review of that baby.

On the mean while waiting for a replacement motor for my CSW V1 :(

Waiting waiting waiting...

Are you joking? You have to pay in advance just to get on the waiting list. The ordering numbers are not the sequence of delivery. I read that some people ordering batch 3 in january don´t have one yet. According to their website the delivery was during April & May. Maybe paid to late, i don´t know. I´m in batch 5 (supposed to be delivered through Sep.-Oct.) and will hopefully get it before November, but Darin is giving me hope :rolleyes:

PS: I asked the support if they could tell me at least the month of delivery, because ordering 6 days after the batch 4 window should give me a good position for batch 5. They never answered.  

So you think that Berney will never catch up with pre-orders and that he'll always be feverishly trying to catch up with demand?  I think not, there WILL come a point where he'll catch up it's just a matter of when.  Last time I asked him he said he thought that it would be around November time, but I reckon that it won't be until early next year.

That's awesome Darin. Give me a yell if you need any help tuning the wheel.

Make sure to try out the new beta responsive mode and force boost. It makes a big difference.

Avenga76 can you provide some feedback on your experience with the new modes? Can you also comment how the wheel feels with inertia, dampening etc turned off. From other forums I get the sense people prefer it that way because it provides snappier feedback during high speed/torque turns even though it introduces the oscillations on straights.

In the end what type of settings (general not specific) are you running?

I really like the new modes. It makes the wheel a lot more responsive and violent over the dumps which is great for me because I find that my motion simulator and all the other stuff like Sim Vibe and the GS-4 tend to drown out the more subtle FFB. So yeah, I like my FFB a bit more aggressive which these new modes help a lot with.

Over the last couple of days I have been testing in GSCE and the new force boost makes a huge difference there. Something like the Metalmoro is a really good example, it is a very bumpy car and you feel every bump through the wheel.

The new default mode runs very low inertia, dampening and inertia, only 1.18% by default. The old default used to be something like 4-7% for the friction and damper with the inertia at 22% which was way too high.

Depending on the game, sometimes I turn them down to zero, sometimes I leave them at 1.18% and sometimes I increase them.

GSC for example I tried it at 0% and I found that I didn't get any more info out of the wheel but a lot more oscillation. I find that the 1.18% keeps it controlled enough.

But even at zero it doesn't oscillate more than my old CSW. My CSW used to oscillate like crazy in GSC, I pretty much couldn't take my hands off the wheel without the CSW going crazy, the engine vibration in the pits was enough to send it in the a fit of oscillation. I spent ages tweaking it out through minimum force and all that in the config files. The AF gives you much better tools to control it.

How I have my wheel now it is pretty stable. I can go down the straights without holding the wheel and it won't oscillate unless I hit a really big bump, then it will but only if I am not holding the wheel, if I am holding the wheel then it just feels like a big bump.

With the old defaults the AF was extremely stable, overly so. I think that was the real problem, it was too over dampened. The old default was design to never oscillate no matter what. I remember early on during the beta I tested this by just letting go of the wheel mid-corner and driving no hands down the straight in the Star Mazda in iRacing. The wheel would just snap back to where it should just like a real car. I tried pretty much everything I could to get it to oscillate, even snapping the wheel 90 degrees in the straight, it would just snap back and be sweet about it. So it was very stable but way over dampened. I think this was way over done so the new defaults bring it more in line with what over wheel are setup like.

So typically I run responsive mode with force boost and a tiny bit of damper, friction and inertia if needed. 

Glad to hear comments about other titles besides iRacing.  I've read most posts in the SimXperience Owner's Forum, but with everything being so tied to iRacing, even Berney himself noted that iRacing made about 5 updates to their handling FF model throughout the duration.

I guess what I'm saying is that I hope we're not chasing our tail here just for iRacing.

Avenga - any comment on the AF (new vs old) in R3E?  Also, are you on the new/prototype slip ring?

Yeah, The original testing was just with iRacing. That is because the AF can directly integrate in to iRacing and iRacing has added special functionality for the AF which allows Berney to do more with the FFB.

This round has just expanded out to other games. As I have found in my testing other games are a lot more finicky and can be easily misconfigured. I found that with GSC recently. The FFB works completely differently than I thought, basically the in game FFB slider does nothing and the FFB level is all set with the max steering arm force in the realfeel config file.It is possible to heavily clip the game FFB (Not the wheel) with the in game FFB set as low as 2%. So iRacing was a good place to start because Sim Commander has full control over the game FFB so you can't misconfigure it.

I don't play too much R3E because it doesn't support side monitor angles but I did give it a quick try the other day. It felt good. You do need to turn off the in game engine vibration and brake vibrations because the effect they play is really high frequency, up in the audible range so you can hear it. It makes the AF sound like it is playing music. It doesn't effect anything so if you don't mind the musical AF then you can leave it on.

No. I am using the old Beta slip ring which is worse than the retail one. I am waiting till Berney finished the prototype one then I will get him to send me one out. I usually use my DSD sequential so it doesn't bother me too much.

I think that once SimX gets closer to finalizing their SC software then we need an AF thread for each title.

Like Richard mentioned, GSCE's FFB works differently than other titles and although you would probably figure that out on your own... the time it takes to get to that point of realization is taxing.

If we start a thread for each individual title then we can put tips specific to that particular title in them as not all function the same or as well with identical settings.

For instance, game X may work better with Foundation FFB than Game FFB, game X benefits from more/less "in game" ffb etc. Whatever.

That simple bit of info. can help reduce the amount of time it takes to get you to a point where you're at least satisfied with the feedback. If you were only tweaking one game title you could get fairly comfortable in a decent amount of time, if you're trying to tweak half dozen games, driving several different cars in each then there is a lot to deal with.

Obviously right now with the betas still being worked on some things could change so I'm not sure threads are need yet but once we're nearing a finalized version it would be helpful.

I tried the new Firmware and SC build and just couldn't bring myself to start from scratch on all my titles and each car within them so I downgraded. I love to tweak but now is simply not the right time for me to start over again and knowing that more changes are likely to occur I need to invest that 'set up' time more wisely so I'm skipping this build for now. 

Helping each other in each title should decrease the time it takes to set it up because even a simple thing like... should I adjust the smoothing in the game itself, in the overall slider or on the Game FFB smoothing effect? ... all this takes experimenting. It may not be rocket science but it does take time. I've had some effects that when altered/removed made no noticeable difference at all but don't know why, still had to spend time testing them though. Again, lots of trial and error.

When more users get their AF wheels I'm sure we'll be able to get a lot more input and see a lot more profiles in the Owners Club etc. 

One of my hopes is those that do take the time to submit profiles to the Owners Club will also note their in game FFB settings in the notes as well because that's another part of the equation.

Bailey

Over on the SimXperience Forum we do have a different AF section for each game.

Go to SimXperience Owners Club  »  AccuForce Wheel Owners  »  AccuForce Game Specific Discussion

There is a different section for each game.

There is a lot of good info in there. We have been chatting about AC and Project CARS settings, I am just helping a guy out who has some of his buttons mapped to the wrong functions in GSC after switching from a Fanatec to the AF (He has his view buttons mapped to the analog stick that doesn't exist anymore).

I will post my GSC findings there over the weekend (I just have another project that I need to get finished first)

We really need to get more people posting there because if we can get more people active on the forums then it helps the whole AF community.

Yeah, I'm shocked with how frequent they've been updating R3E that they still haven't tackled true triple screen support.  

I'm with Bailey and we do need more people playing around contributing settings in the Owner's Forum.  I usually don't have the patience to test/tweak properly so a 'preferred' feeling/setup would be very helpful. 

I just came across a rather detailed article on Accuforce wheel settings at www.mockracer.com.  My wheel will arrive tomorrow.  Have not had a chance to read it yet, but it looks very informative. 

Go to SimXperience Owners Club  »  AccuForce Wheel Owners  »  AccuForce Game Specific Discussion

I will post my GSC findings there over the weekend (I just have another project that I need to get finished first)

We really need to get more people posting there because if we can get more people active on the forums then it helps the whole AF community.

Avenga76, eagerly looking forward to some GSCE setup settings. Do you have a profile you can share here, on the SimX forums, and also the drivers club for SimXperience? I have not been able to enjoy the wheel with GSCE yet and am looking for some guidance. 

Thanks!

Avenga76, eagerly looking forward to some GSCE setup settings. Do you have a profile you can share here, on the SimX forums, and also the drivers club for SimXperience? I have not been able to enjoy the wheel with GSCE yet and am looking for some guidance. 

Thanks!

I wasn't able to achieve very good FFB using the SC4 FFB with GSCE but, the game FFB works quite good IMO. I just added in a bit of smoothing and engine vibes and it feels very, very good to me.

Nope. It won't work.

The AF carries USB and I2C on the bypass cable. The button box uses the I2C which talks back to the controller in the back of the wheel base.

The USB on the cable is just passed through to the USB port on the back of the rim.

Gracias Richard. So it wouldn't be able to do half it's job and just communicate the button/paddle pushes?

Asking for a friend who's trying to go from the wheel to the PC (passing slip ring but not plugging into the back of the motor/wheel).

B

Gracias Richard. So it wouldn't be able to do half it's job and just communicate the button/paddle pushes?

Asking for a friend who's trying to go from the wheel to the PC (passing slip ring but not plugging into the back of the motor/wheel).

B

No. The buttons/paddles in the AF button box communicate using I²C. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%C2%B2CIt is like a low speed version of USB, it only uses 2 pins instead of the 4 that USB uses. This is probably why Berney chose to use it. It means on the 6 pin bypass cable you can have 2 pins for the I²C to the button controller in the button box and the other 4 pins for the USB pass through on the back of the button box.

For the button box to work in the stock AF rim you have to use either the slip ring or the bypass cable plugged in to that back of the wheel. If you are using an aftermarket wheel like my Formula rim then you could put an RJ11 connector on the back and connect up your USB like that (This is how Sam and Simon do there wheels)

Hi everyone.  I just got my Accuforce steering system and have a couple of questions.  My rig has been running an ECCI Trackstar 6000 steering and pedal set up.  I would like to retain the ECCI pedals.  Can I wire the pedal directly to the analog plug on the Accuforce controler or do I need to buy the "stand alone" usb kit from ECCI?  I would be very grateful for any assistance.  Can't wait to fire up the Accuforce.

Thanks,

Barry

Hi everyone.  I just got my Accuforce steering system and have a couple of questions.  My rig has been running an ECCI Trackstar 6000 steering and pedal set up.  I would like to retain the ECCI pedals.  Can I wire the pedal directly to the analog plug on the Accuforce controler or do I need to buy the "stand alone" usb kit from ECCI?  I would be very grateful for any assistance.  Can't wait to fire up the Accuforce.

Thanks,

Barry

Thanks,

Barry

Welcome to the AccuForce club !  You indeed can plug those pedals into the AF controller box.  If you know how to re-wire those pedals, you use this plug and here's the pin out for it.

http://simxperience.com/Portals/0/Files/AccuForce/AccuForce_Analog_Input_Connector.png

I'm running Thrustmaster T500 pedals with my AccuForce right now and I get 12 bits of resolution !