Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AccuForce Wheel Arrives

110 posts in this topic

Just my .02.  I am not an original AF owner, second hand here, it just came in today.  I emailed Kevin at AF and got a response in a couple of hours   Email is the preferred method of contact.  SimX is a tiny company dude, its like a few guys.  I'm not making excuses for them, I'm telling you like it is from the standpoint of not reaching anyone.  Even mid size companies prefer email to phone calls.  Its easier to sort and prioritize time stamped emails.  Plus if they have Kevin answering just calls, then there are limited resources to answer emails LOL.

Again, this is a small business, not Logitech.  

I don't know how or why people get the impression that we offer telephone support!

That's only offered for Stage 5 sales and support and to the best of my knowledge, the only place you can find our phone number on the website is on the Stage 5 web page, where it specifically states that the number is Stage 5 sales ONLY. Stage 5 customers have our cell phone numbers for service related matters.

The simple fact is, that if we picked up the Stage 5 sales phone line for every SimVibe and other non Stage 5 customer who wants to "talk sim", our product prices would probably need to increase by 20-30% to facilitate adding additional competent staff to have such discussions.

All products besides the Stage 5 are supported via email: [email protected]

All of my questions by email (and I have had a few), were responded to within 48hrs....Berney, can I go to the docks and grab a couple Quick releases off the shipment. This strike is killing me!!

That IS a meaty wheel Rich :)

I wasn't trying to get support.  I was trying to purchase a product that wasn't directly available on the website.  Turns out that Kevin was out sick, some employees were on vacation, and there was a website move happening on top of it.  Everything was taken care of once Kevin returned.

Just an FYI...the phone# was just removed from the site over the last couple days.  It WAS on the contact page.  When you call the number, it asks if you want Sales or Support.  Nothing specific about Stage 5 support or sales.

I understand short staff and trying to keep things as cheap as possible, but I'm sure you'd be just as frustrated as I was when email and phone calls went unanswered for 5 days after having regular communication.  I was trying to time the arrival of the OEM rim with my AF shipment.  Now, the base will be sitting for several days waiting.

Unfortunate timing for me, and thankfully Kevin is back.  Appreciate his help and expedience in the matter once he returned!

Indeed the number was mistakenly on a page other than the Stage 5 page. That has now been corrected to prevent future confusion. I'm glad Kevin got you taken care of. James was also out last week on a planned vacation, so you really caught us at about the worst possible time.

Berney, quick question.  Are there going to be more AF quick releases made available in the next month or so?  I've got a couple of wheels being fabbed.  Also even though I'm a second hand owner, its only because I didn't want to wait.  I'll be buying a second AF to replace my clubsport when they become available as off the shelf items.  

thanks

Hi Mayaman,

I hope you're enjoying the AccuForce.

We will be offering individual quick releases and button boxes in the next month or so.

At present we're doing all we can to get the AccuForce Pro units delivered on time.