Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AccuForce Wheel Arrives

110 posts in this topic

I'm the NEW owner.  Yes, previous owner confirmed in support email that both were transferable and put in the request for transfer when he packed and shipped the wheel on Friday last week.

You're missing the point.  I can't get them to pick up the phone or return a call/email TO get something ordered.

I don't want the MOMO.  I want the ORIGINAL OEM WHEEL.  PERIOD!

Doesn't matter what's better, it's what I want.  We can have a side discussion about what's "better" all day long.  What matters, and the ONLY thing that matters, is how I, as a customer, am being treated and communicated to/with.  In this particular case, there's little to none.  It doesn't matter what I'm getting, as it's not a discussion point.  What DOES matter is whether or not the company is responding to calls and their customers.

I have attempted to call Sales (option 1) and Customer Support (option 2) several times.  I can call from 2 separate numbers at the same time and it always rings busy from the second phone, meaning that they only have a single line with no call waiting.  More importantly, if my first call "on hold/wait" (not being answered) is causing a busy signal to the second call, then in fact there is NOBODY taking phone calls for Sales OR Support.

Which leads me to my original problem.  It doesn't matter what I want, what you, or anybody else thinks I want, what I should or should not get, or what's better or worse, or what will allow pigs to fly.  THEY ARE NOT ANSWERING CALLS!

No need to get your knickers in a twist zim, folks are only trying to help, you can take it or leave their advise.

If you've no joy with SimXperience then it might be worth talking to Sam Maxwell, he could build you a nice custom wheel for the Accuforce that's around the same price as the stock wheel, he might even know someone who doesn't want their stock wheel.

FYI if you need a quick fix on an after market wheel then I believe this NR quick release is compatible with the Accuforce, obviously you'd have no buttons unless you get a USB button plate.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AM1PHY/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_9?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1ZMV3ZRVEXXSP

*banging head on desk*

I have 2 wheels shipping with the AF.

I have the original button box and quick release.

I do not need wheel options, suggestions, or help.   And as far as getting my knickers in a twist, I wear thongs to prevent that!  HAHA!

Look, I appreciate the "advice", but at a point when I said, "I don't want any other wheel", how do you think it's "helpful" to keep suggesting something other than what I'm interested in.  I have my reasons, same as you do for what you want or think is best.

I never ONCE asked for advice on a wheel, alternative or otherwise.  I simply vented at my frustration in getting ahold of anybody there.  I'm ready to throw my money at them and can't get them on the phone to do so.  The only reason I'm not buying my wheel directly from them is because I have the opportunity to get the wheel 2-3 months sooner than if I ordered new.  Although, after the lack of response, at this point I'm glad I didn't.  I'm HOPING I don't regret my purchased used as well.

It is a bit of a risk buying used and then expecting good customer service if something goes wrong.  Berney does provide support but I wouldn't expect the same level of service as those who've bought directly from him and are still within their warranty.  I've read a few threads blow up around slightly similar issues over on iRacing.

You could try contacting Pat over in the iRacing forums he is pretty responsive.  First thing I'd try to do is get SimXperience to see if they'll change the registration details with your name and contact details against the wheel order, that way you won't have to explain yourself everytime you contact them.

They've already agreed to transfer warranty and goods.  I'm really not even looking for support at this time, I just need to purchase a part completely outside of the scope of warranty.

Doesn't matter what's better, it's what I want.  We can have a side discussion about what's "better" all day long.  What matters, and the ONLY thing that matters, is how I, as a customer, am being treated and communicated to/with.  In this particular case, there's little to none.  It doesn't matter what I'm getting, as it's not a discussion point.  What DOES matter is whether or not the company is responding to calls and their customers.

I have attempted to call Sales (option 1) and Customer Support (option 2) several times.  I can call from 2 separate numbers at the same time and it always rings busy from the second phone, meaning that they only have a single line with no call waiting.  More importantly, if my first call "on hold/wait" (not being answered) is causing a busy signal to the second call, then in fact there is NOBODY taking phone calls for Sales OR Support.

Which leads me to my original problem.  It doesn't matter what I want, what you, or anybody else thinks I want, what I should or should not get, or what's better or worse, or what will allow pigs to fly.  THEY ARE NOT ANSWERING CALLS!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but.. you aren't a customer of theirs just because you bought an accuforce wheel second hand. You are the customer of the person you bought it from. I can't speak for them and Im sure they want to help you, but guarantee you're not a priority. They may not have an extra rim to sell as they may be accounted for on production bases. 

Not sure why you are so dead set on getting the OEM wheel when there's literally hundreds of wheels on the market to choose from that will bolt right up to that hub.

Sorry I can't help you 

If I have their wheel and they transfer the warranty (which they've agreed to), I'm their customer.  That said, I've been attempting to get any communication I can from them about whether or not they have extra rims and what the ship time would be.  My frustration is not support or "customer" related, it's about attempting to purchase from them in general.  They aren't answering their phones.  How does anybody else get what they need/want from them?

Well, according to another AF owner I was talking to this morning, according to a post he read on their user forum, they are in the middle of a website move and are "off" until next Monday.  Assuming the 18th.

If this is true, sure would be nice if they posted that kind of information on their primary website.

Quote from the SimXperience forums.

This week we'll be moving some of our server infrastructure to a new location.
As a result, there will be intermittent website down time and delayed ticket response from now until Monday. We'll do our best keep the interruption to a minimum.

Thanks, is that standard for horn buttons?  Universal size?

thanks

edit:  Damnit!  Its 1.7 inches and standard horn buttons are two inches.  Why can't anything work without modding.  Bah.

Thanks, is that standard for horn buttons?  Universal size?

thanks

edit:  Damnit!  Its 1.7 inches and standard horn buttons are two inches.  Why can't anything work without modding.  Bah.

It is the same size as the horn on the steering wheel in my Avenger.

IMG_8941.jpg