Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[SOLD] Thrustmaster T500RS ***PEDALS ONLY*** USA

40 posts in this topic

Thrustmaster T500RS Pedals-3 years old-Just replaced the throttle POT

4 additional new POTs-brand new

John Bodin load cell-6 months old

Bodnar and Bodinhausen cable/adapter to make standalone USB device-brand new

$275+ shipping&handling

Great deal! I've had the pleasure of racing with zim2323 for a long time and can attest 100% that whoever receives these pedals is getting a great deal on some quality equipment :cool:

Definitely a great deal -- and even equipped with the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod, it's still fully compatible with the TX and T300 wheels (and the XBone and PS3).  Sturdier than Fanatec Clubsport pedals, IMO.

load cell=$150 (currently not available / out of stock, less than a year old)

4 new POTs=$50 (shipped from Thrustmaster, 1 installed to throttle already, brand new, received last month)

bodnar cable and adapter=$60 (received last week)

That means you're only paying about $90 for the pedals.  That's a great deal guys!  Who wants 'em!?

For what it's worth, I'm selling these because I purchased a set of ECCI pedals.  While there are maintenance and build differences that separate the two, I've had no difference in feel or lap times between these and the ECCI other than realizing I need to get a pair of racing shoes to deal with the more rigid pedal design on the ECCI.  It's amazing that ECCI managed to make a spring setup (non load cell) feel exactly like a load cell, but even more amazing is that TM was able to build a set of pedals good enough to perform like a higher dollar set of pedals at a fraction of the price.  I've won many championships using these and wouldn't hesitate to use them again if required.  If it wasn't for the easier maintenance on the ECCI, I wouldn't consider the purchase I made a good purchase/upgrade.

If you would like pictures or any other information about the pedals, please let me know.

Must be the price as you can get brand new T3PA-PRO with better load cell for $319

http://www.ricmotech.com/Thrustmaster_T3PA_PRO_Load_Cell_Pedals_p/thr-t3paprolc.htm

Define "better load cell".   John Bodin uses military grade load cell's, not that cheap crap that Fanatec uses.  So, by that, the value is at least the same.  Also, their kit is only for use with Thrustmaster wheels.  Mine includes the $50 in cable/adapter to use as standalone USB pedals, as well as the $50 in additional POTs from Thrustmaster for maintenance in the upcoming years.

Given that I'm including an extra $100 in cables and parts, and I have included a "better load cell", do you really feel that the other deal is better?

Define "better load cell".   John Bodin uses military grade load cell's, not that cheap crap that Fanatec uses.  So, by that, the value is at least the same.  Also, their kit is only for use with Thrustmaster wheels.  Mine includes the $50 in cable/adapter to use as standalone USB pedals, as well as the $50 in additional POTs from Thrustmaster for maintenance in the upcoming years.

Given that I'm including an extra $100 in cables and parts, and I have included a "better load cell", do you really feel that the other deal is better?  I'm giving you more for $70 less.

While load cell itself could be the same grade, Ricmotech solution much better integrates with T500 pedals, no clunky sticking out parts.  

Shaun compared two and walked away more impressed with Ricmotech. One needs to look at both designs to see what I am talking about.

Sorry, you asked for feedback, please don't get upset if this is not what you wanted to hear. 

Good luck with your sale.

While load cell itself could be the same grade, Ricmotech solution much better integrates with T500 pedals, no clunky sticking out parts.  

Shaun compared two and walked away more impressed with Ricmotech. One needs to look at both designs to see what I am talking about.

Sorry, you asked for feedback, please don't get upset if this is not what you wanted to hear. 

Good luck with your sale.

I didn't see a comparison.  I only saw the Ricmotech review.  Do you have another video link with an actual comparison?  As for looking "clunky", you have your opinion, but unless you've owned either/both, I doubt you really have anything more than assumptions.  Once the pedals are in the cockpit, the supposed "cluckiness" is not noticed, and just works.   I prefer to look at the functionality of it all.  Based on the Ricmotech review, it looked like there were issues with the pedal response in pedal release and dead zone on their design.  I have neither issue with mine, designed around the John Bodin solution.  His setup is easily as good as the $800 set of ECCI pedals I just replaced them with.  While the ECCI is built much sturdier (still heavy metal), the performance is the same.  Others can try and justify their purchase, but against the T500RS pedals+Bodin load cell, I'd be lying if I said that the ECCI's were better in terms feel and/or performance.  The ECCI simply brings more longevity.

My main reasoning for asking was to hear from those that are interested in the pedals (are you?) and find out why they wouldn't purchase.  I'm curious to find out how much of that decision is based on bad/false personal opinion/information, or if it's just merely price.  For example, if you were interested in the pedals, based your above reasoning on why you wouldn't purchase, then I could safely assume your reasoning was based on bad personal opinion because of misinformation.

Regardless, it's each persons right to do/think what they want, but I'm trying to get these sold, and myself, and John Bodin stand firmly behind the product and it's use.  If pricing ultimately is the factor then I may have to look at reducing the cost, but I'll need some serious convincing.

I didn't see a comparison.  I only saw the Ricmotech review.  Do you have another video link with an actual comparison?  As for looking "clunky", you have your opinion, but unless you've owned either/both, I doubt you really have anything more than assumptions.  Once the pedals are in the cockpit, the supposed "cluckiness" is not noticed, and just works.   I prefer to look at the functionality of it all.  Based on the Ricmotech review, it looked like there were issues with the pedal response in pedal release and dead zone on their design.  I have neither issue with mine, designed around the John Bodin solution.  His setup is easily as good as the $800 set of ECCI pedals I just replaced them with.  While the ECCI is built much sturdier (still heavy metal), the performance is the same.  Others can try and justify their purchase, but against the T500RS pedals+Bodin load cell, I'd be lying if I said that the ECCI's were better in terms feel and/or performance.  The ECCI simply brings more longevity.

My main reasoning for asking was to hear from those that are interested in the pedals (are you?) and find out why they wouldn't purchase.  I'm curious to find out how much of that decision is based on bad/false personal opinion/information, or if it's just merely price.  For example, if you were interested in the pedals, based your above reasoning on why you wouldn't purchase, then I could safely assume your reasoning was based on bad personal opinion because of misinformation.

Regardless, it's each persons right to do/think what they want, but I'm trying to get these sold, and myself, and John Bodin stand firmly behind the product and it's use.  If pricing ultimately is the factor then I may have to look at reducing the cost, but I'll need some serious convincing.

If you really want to continue this conversation, post from Shaun in the provided link

post-22322-0-09960700-1430166360_thumb.p

Must be the price as you can get brand new T3PA-PRO with better load cell for $319

http://www.ricmotech.com/Thrustmaster_T3PA_PRO_Load_Cell_Pedals_p/thr-t3paprolc.htm

"Better," as long as you don't mind voiding the warranty on your new T3PA Pro pedals (whereas the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod from Bodin Solutions is a non-invasive mod that does not require you to disassemble or alter the electrical or mechanical aspects of your T500/T3PA Pro pedals, thus leaving your warranty intact).

Also, there's no risk of screwing up the potentiometer linkages for your throttle or clutch while installing the BLC-T500 Load Cell Mod.

So, yea, "better" unless you ever need to rely on your Thrustmaster warranty, and if you're a thrill-seeker when it comes to disassembly and reassembly of stuff that you can pretty easily mess up if you do it wrong.

B)

Given that I'm including an extra $100 in cables and parts, and I have included a "better load cell", do you really feel that the other deal is better?

Oh, yeah -- good point, Zim!  Those new T3PA Pro pedals with a Ricmotech load cell still couldn't be used as stand-alone USB pedals, so your setup offers that as a definite advantage.

B)

If you really want to continue this conversation, post from Shaun in the provided link

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Interesting to note that I've never offered up any products for Shaun to officially review on the SimPit . . . although I'd hate to infer that there might be some inherent bias in play here.

:grin:

Interesting to note that I've never offered up any products for Shaun to officially review on the SimPit . . . although I'd hate to infer that there might be some inherent bias in play here.

:grin:

He has just recently branched out as SimPit, was co host of ISRTV for long time

For the sake of completeness Ricmotech review.

Lovely discussion in Classified section we have. LOL  :)

Both mods no doubts will take stock T500 to new level, both have pros and cons and let's leave it at that w/o getting onto ugly side. Cheers. :)