Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Assetto Corsa Luncher problem

23 posts in this topic

Hi sorry if i am not using the forum in the proper way but i have a problem with Assetto Corsa and i dont know where else i can find a help so....

I downloaded the dream pack today and after that when i try to lunch the game, i get a message ERROR with content corvette_ c6r/70 corvette_c6r/73 corvette_cxr/74 viw log for details    i push OK and then i choose menu and  when i choose the button race, after a few seconds i get another message in a window with the title 'Assetto Corsa Luncher' and it says 'Assetto Corsa Luncher stoped working because of a problem windows will close Assetto Corsa Luncher and tru to find a solution to the problem' or something like that. In the begginig i thought that the CORVETTE C6R mod, for some reason  was the problem but when i moved the car from the game, i stoped having the message about ERROR content ech. ech. but the problem with Assetto Corsa Luncher is still there.

Does anyone know what's the problem?

Before, i didnt have any problem like this.

Yeah, I was very unhappy to have to remove my Reliant Robin!

I usually have FRAPS running but I had to disable it because it was preventing the launcher from shutting down

so you could try closing any other programs to see if it helps.

Before doing a fresh install, you could try "verify system cashe" you can find it from your Steam games library, right click 

Assetto Corsa, select properties and you should see it then.

If you want to delete and reinstall, you can also reinstall this way, using "verify system cashe" 

I gues the probelm is from steam because when i opened it, whithout any reason i saw it downloading the DLC from the begining, i didnt do anything, it just started... anyway when it finished i got in the game and i noticed that when i was  moving the mouse over some special event windows i was seeing this "?" insted of the "hand" and of course i couldn't choose them to race, and this only in Special Events. I tryed to race hotlap bat after i choose car and track the same message appears Assetto Corsa Luncher......THEN i did what Frankom wrote and after the end of verification i got a message that 1 item was not verified and  that it will be downloaded again......?????? so i did ONE MORE verification, i got the message that verification 100% and everything ok,  BUT the same problem... 

On my Windows 7 (64-bit) PC, after installing the latest version and the DLC, Assetto Corsa wouldn't load an event or race from the "launcher" interface. It would show the static loading screen, then return to the interface, and it was unresponsive if you wanted to view a car. I had to reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable Package (vcredist_x86.exe) to get it working again.

Now, just this morning, I'm getting messages about a couple of cars when I launch AC. Still investigating that problem.

Driving the Lotus 98t on the new laser-scanned Nordscheife is awesome!

It seems that the latest update has stopped the mods from working (just the cars, tracks seem ok)

There are posts on the official Assetto Corsa forum about aero files and sound files working in a different way now

so the advice is to wait for the modders to update their work.

Considering the importance of mods to this game, you'd think they would have found a better way than to bork 

everyones mods!

Anyway, just stick to the default cars for now and you should be fine.

No what i did is to go on steam , right click on Assetto Corsa , properties and somewhere there you find some choises as buckup , delete, redownload or something like that ( i m righting this message on my iphone and i dont have acces on my pc now .... sorry) can you give any instraction step by step so i try it first thing in the morning (its 00:00 here now)

the problem I have is addon stuff like cars and track, so I need to wipe out the whole things

1. Delete steam Local cache for AC

2. Delete/Backup/Rename C:\Program Files (X86)\Steam...\common\asettocorsa 

3. Delete/Backup/Rename C:\Users\xxx\Documents\Asetto Corsa

4. ReInstall from steam

Ok i did what mikeyhd wrote and now i can race hotlap with every car and track but i still CANT race some special events every time i move the mouse over some not all spwcial events the '' hand'' turns in to ''?'' and i cant choose the specific event to race. I havent test all the game , as for example online race, but it seems to be the only problem now (special events).....

Later in the day (afternoon here in Greece) i ll try to do more tests and when i come up with a comclusion i ll post here again

If anyone else has any other solution, its wellcomed of curse!!!!!! 

I tested online also and it worked perfect so i desided to install Rivali Tiempo and Luncher crashed again even atfer i removed Rivali. Idecided to do a verification and now i m buck in the codition that everything works exept some special events......