Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Formula 1 Discussion

295 posts in this topic

Fernando Alonso has been given the green light to travel to the Malaysia Grand Prix after passing medical tests.The McLaren driver suffered concussion in a crash during pre-season testing and was forced to miss the opening Australian Grand Prix as former team-mate Lewis Hamilton cruised to victory in Melbourne.However, Alonso underwent tests in Cambridge on Sunday to check his short and long-term memory along with his reflexes and is now expected to be passed fit to return to the track.

If he is fit t race i hope he does well, but what i worry about is if he did start to deteriorate throughout the race, i hope he will be carefully monitored and not forced to stay out.

I see Alonso is getting checked out this week by FIA doctors. What the over under he feigns seeing double or forgets his name after a week in the McLaren simulator? :mrgreen:  :mrgreen:

Maybe the car will blow up on the way to the grid again and he won't hve to worry about it.

I watched the live video feed of the IndyCar practice, what a great website with the live timing and scoring combined with the live video feed. F1 should really look into doing the same and charging for a live internet broadcast with different cameras and in car cockpits cameras to choose.

The new aero kits on the IndyCars look horrendous, reminds me of the F1 cars back in the day with all the stupid winglets.

http://racecontrol.indycar.com/

I watched the live video feed of the IndyCar practice, what a great website with the live timing and scoring combined with the live video feed. F1 should really look into doing the same and charging for a live internet broadcast with different cameras and in car cockpits cameras to choose.

The new aero kits on the IndyCars look horrendous, reminds me of the F1 cars back in the day with all the stupid winglets.

http://racecontrol.indycar.com/

I agree, really enjoyed being able to watch this.

Don't ask for parity in F1 unless you want club racing(No one will pay to watch that. I sure wouldn't). I've been watching 35 years, there has never been much in the way of parity except when a dominating team was cycling out and another taking their turn at the top. Hearing Red Bull whining about uneven competition like sniffling little babes in didees makes me all happy inside.

No race in Germany, that sucks and just seems wrong.

While I believe Ferrari have improved this year the gap to the Mercedes is still a long way off. The only team that has a chance of getting close to Mercedes is Mclaren in my opinion. While they still qualified 17/18th they have closed the gap to the other teams by more than a second a lap in just 2 weeks...

McLaren still claim the engine is still detuned around 150-200hp!

great race....two or three years ago i could have snapped that finger off vettels hand....but was smiling ear to ear for him today....bet alonso was kicking the ground...and funny to see lewis throwing his toys out the pram again.

great race....two or three years ago i could have snapped that finger off vettels hand....but was smiling ear to ear for him today....bet alonso was kicking the ground...and funny to see lewis throwing his toys out the pram again.

I feel the same way.  Probably first time ever rooting for Vettel.  I hope Ferrari can keep this up.  Mercedes still looks better, especially when tires aren't melting away, but Ferrari has more engine "chips" upgrades than Mercedes left and I hope they close the gap with them.

Alonso does have some terrible career timing...  I will say, at least McLaren was competing with other cars today.  Button was all by himself in Australia.

Ferrari improvement is showing at Sauber.

Red Bull being beaten by Toro Rosso is painful.  Was waiting for the front brake rotors to blow up on both cars.  That would have been something!

I thought the penalties were rough.  Both racing incidents imo.

I recorded it and just watched - couldn't believe I was pulling for Vettel the whole race. He does seem a bit more genuine now at Ferrari. Whether that lasts or not. I personally pull for Rosburg and detest Hamilton but was a bit peeved with both of them. Hamilton having a tantrum and Nico trying to be a race engineer in the cockpit - drive the bloody car Nico and trust your team. I think Sainz and Verstappen are the real deal also.

While I believe Ferrari have improved this year the gap to the Mercedes is still a long way off. The only team that has a chance of getting close to Mercedes is Mclaren in my opinion. While they still qualified 17/18th they have closed the gap to the other teams by more than a second a lap in just 2 weeks...

McLaren still claim the engine is still detuned around 150-200hp!

After watching yesterday's race, I will eat my words.... Well done Ferrari. For the first time In a while Mercedes were sweating!

hamiltons reaction to hearing vettel was only 3 points behind him in the championship shows how much his heads out of the game....far too many dog photo shoots.            this could be an awesome vettel v hamilton season.

When is the last time that Ferrari made TWO correct strategy calls in a weekend? Putting Vettel on inters after the rain on Saturday and keeping Vettel out during the safety car on Sunday. In the past they've always zigged when they should have zagged and got caught out.

I honestly didn't expect to see this from Ferrari this early in the year especially in a straight up head to head dry race. If the car really has that much pace I hope Kimi can catch a break for once and get up there and fight with everyone else. Let's give Mercedes TWO other cars to be concerned about.

I don't see how either Red Bull finished out that race and still had any brakes. Coming into turn 1 they both looked like diesel semis churning out that black brake dust.

This is a big money sport and I dont see it changing anytime soon thats for sure. We can count on boring 1-2 finishes for a while. 

Too bad about Botas with his back. Great driver and I fear this injury will sideline him for a while or at least a few races here and there this season. Not to mention Alonso..I wonder if his memory has returned.  

My dream for F1 would be everyone drives the same aero and engine and let the drivers race each other.

This is a big money sport and I dont see it changing anytime soon thats for sure. We can count on boring 1-2 finishes for a while. 

Too bad about Botas with his back. Great driver and I fear this injury will sideline him for a while or at least a few races here and there this season. Not to mention Alonso..I wonder if his memory has returned.  

My dream for F1 would be everyone drives the same aero and engine and let the drivers race each other.

bruv?that already exists.....its called gp2.

That was a surprisingly great race with Ferrari taking the fight to Mercedes with genuine race pace. which was kinda helped by a rubbish strategy for both Mercedes drivers.  Why they decided to use the same strategy for both drivers is a strange one, Rosberg should have gambled on covering Vettel by mirroring the same strategy as he could make the tires last longer. 

Let's hope this lasts the rest of the season and hope that it wasn't a fluke.

Kimi had good pace, other then a puncture, that set him back a full lap, he was on pace. I think that we will see this season will unfold into a great one. Can't wait for China, I have always been a kimi fan, so I am very excited to see how this turns out. My wife just loves vettel, so that was a treat for her.