Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Formula 1 Discussion

295 posts in this topic

I agree, I just think that if Audi did buy RedBull, everybody will automatically think they will be championship contenders. That won't be the case... Mercedes will win every year until the FIA decide to change the engine formula. Their gap is to big.

Honestly, idk why anyone would want to join F1 right now, especially developing a new engine but big auto companies have big egos and think they can do it better...

For the life of me, I cannot figure out why ANY company would want to buy or join F1 in this current day and age, it's so expensive and has gotten so ridiculous that I'm surprised it still exists.

I can't blame Red Bull for considering dropping out, their money can be spent a lot better elsewhere. As an example, maybe they'll go Star Mazda, get some serious promotions going, get TV rights and it becomes the next F1 without all the BS involved with F1 at a fraction of the annual costs. I think the FIA need a reality check and quick before there isn't enough teams to sustain decent racing. As a spectator sport, F1 is lacking, there's the two Mercedes way up ahead, a few cars form another small pack behind, and a few more further back...... SNORE!!!!!!!

Last night, I watched a bit of IMSA's Continental Tire Sport car race at Daytona, this was great racing, two different classes (GS "Grand Sport" and ST "Street Tuner"), this was amazing racing, with lead swaps happening frequently and lot of fender to fender action and some great driving.

Watching F1, in the rare instances that there's a lead swap, it's like OMG... something actually happened! lol :shock:

I think I'm still watching F1 more for the driver stories than the actual racing, which in a way might be the wrong reason to be watching?

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

For pure racing I have always liked Indycar better than F1. Especially this year with the new Aero kits I expect the racing to be tight. Hopefully Honda can close the gap. Some people hate the look of the cars but to me it looks like mid 90's F1.

For pure racing I have always liked Indycar better than F1. Especially this year with the new Aero kits I expect the racing to be tight. Hopefully Honda can close the gap. Some people hate the look of the cars but to me it looks like mid 90's F1.

IndyCar is doing a lot of things right, it just needs more people to watch and attend the races.  Hopefully they can attract more high caliber drivers to really showcase the sport better.  I just wish they had the balls to go with the Deltawing car design at the time.

I also liked the article I read recently where IndyCar are really impressed with how sim racing has come along and in particular iRacing. They are even considering options for the off season whereby the drivers compete against each other in iRacing or alternatively some sim racers get to race online against the real drivers for charity.  It's stuff like this that Bernie and the F1 motley crew would never dream about doing.

i'm kinda lost as to whats fair anymore, i know the mercedes are dominating but they built a car within the rules, and i didn't hear talk like this when redbull were collecting 4 on the trott.     berney got to go, he's done a wonderful thing for formula one but he's getting worse than sepp blatter,  time to bring in the new.    look at this bs      http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/16/bernie-ecclestone-f1-red-bull-mercedes-australian-gp

i'm kinda lost as to whats fair anymore, i know the mercedes are dominating but they built a car within the rules, and i didn't hear talk like this when redbull were collecting 4 on the trott.     berney got to go, he's done a wonderful thing for formula one but he's getting worse than sepp blatter,  time to bring in the new.    look at this bs      http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/mar/16/bernie-ecclestone-f1-red-bull-mercedes-australian-gp

Bernie is on whoevers side he is talking to at the moment. When he is talking to Niki, he says there is no way Mercedes should be slowed down. Take the Manor situation. Bernie says they tried there hardest and couldnt make it, and FIa agreed and there would be no penalities,  then the next day Bernie says they should have to pay their own freight for shipping the cars to Australia. WTH? Is he Bi Polar?

If 11 cars finishing is going to be more typical of the 2015 season and not atypical then F1 is going to be in BIG trouble.  They are going to lose viewership and in turn sponsor and TV money.  And I wouldn't be surprised to see  Red Bull walk away from F1 if TV viewership starts to tank. 

I think the best short-term solution is for them to allow for unrestricted testing the rest of this season or at least for the first half of the season.  Let these engines get reliable and competitive.  Long term, they need to dump this green wet-dream.  The audience they are trying to cater to aren't motorsports enthusiasts to begin with.  They need to go back to a more traditional internal combustion engine at some point.   

The problem is F1 just doesn't know what it wants to be, it's trying to cater to the fans, car manufacturers, both big and small teams, engineers, corporate sponsors, TV rights owners, track owners and it's fast loosing it's identify with conflicting and overly complex priorities.

As a simple example just look at the fiasco Pirelli have had to deal with since they joined F1. They had to juggle conflicting requirements combined with inadequate testing (they even had to buy an old Toyota F1 car) and would bare the brunt of all the criticism. Why they've remained in F1 all this time I'll never know because it's been a nightmare for them and I'm sure they are glad that attention seems to be drifting away from tires this year.

KISS : Keep it simple stupid

this has been worrying me.....i think lewis has finally disapeared up his own backside....music...art...fasion....yawn...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lewis is a great driver. I love what he does on track, but its the things he does out of F1 i can not stand... He is starting to believe his own hype.

this has been worrying me.....i think lewis has finally disapeared up his own backside....music...art...fasion....yawn...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

yes I noticed this on his feed. Its all he talks about...his dog this his dog that..no wonder Nicole left him. I'm struggling to figure out what kind of image he is trying to make for himself.

Why not post photos from magazine shoots? It's rare to have a personality in F1 that has some appeal in the colonies, so of course he's going to be in demand. As for his dog and his music... I'm sure any animal lover takes pics of their pet and we all have passions outside of work - it's not like it's affecting his performance, is it? It's rare for a celebrity to be in full control of his social media content, so assume that many of the posts are to sell his image to sponsors. 

It could be a lot worse...

christian-hornertitle-580x580.jpg

That cannot be unseen.