Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Formula 1 Discussion

295 posts in this topic

Sure they can consider it - that'll cost you $200 million a season thank you very much or you can have the more "reliable" cheaper engine that the other teams happily pay for.

Well Ferrari did talk about wanting to run 4 cars - so here's their opportunity.  They could simply re-badge the engine to Maserati or FIAT to benefit their other brands in the same way Renault/Nissan used the Infiniti brand.

If Ferrari did give the same spec engine to RedBull I dont think it will be fair to the other Ferrari customer teams with less powerful units..

Im sure even if they were worth more money the teams will pay for the performance if possible.

F1 fair, those two words don't go together.  It's all about the money, the smaller teams will pay for what they can afford and just have to accept whatever they are provided.  If they don't like it then Ferrari and Mercedeswill just tell them to go somewhere else, the engine and car manufacturers really have the smaller teams and F1 in general over a barrel.

I've said this for quite some time but one of the biggest mistakes of F1 was allowing Cosworth to leave. They should have been encouraged to stay by changing the rules a little to accommodate them so that they could build an engine within the rules and within the budget for the smaller teams.  That option has gone now and will likely never return with the ridiculous expense and complexity of the engines today.

Ferrari are taking a huge risk supplying RedBull with works team engines. The RedBull chassis is far superior to that of Ferrari, now with their engine bolted to the back they will beating the works team in my opinion. Adrian Newey will increase his efforts with next years car now that they could be serious contenders for the championship.

RedBull have blackmailed both Formula 1 and Ferrari...

Why not post photos from magazine shoots? It's rare to have a personality in F1 that has some appeal in the colonies, so of course he's going to be in demand. As for his dog and his music... I'm sure any animal lover takes pics of their pet and we all have passions outside of work - it's not like it's affecting his performance, is it? It's rare for a celebrity to be in full control of his social media content, so assume that many of the posts are to sell his image to sponsors.

It could be a lot worse...

christian-hornertitle-580x580.jpg

That cannot be unseen.

I really don't see the issue with Lewis,everyone seems to think that what Hunt got up to was cool and horner crapping on his wife and daughter to hook up with a spicegirl is ok?Lewis split with Nicole because he's not ready for fatherhood, he's a self made rags to riches kid! Just cos you don't share his interests outside of f1, doesn't give anyone the right to belittle or critise him.he's a good guy,having a well earned good time.

I'm a Button fan and I don't mind Hamilton, his fans typically irritate the hell out of me though. Usually they are the least knowledgeable of F1 fans who typically troll with no common sense or grasp of reality.

I don't care what he does in his private life. He is a good and fast driver. I like his driving style, Turkey 2006 GP2 was a great race. But drop the whole Senna thing.

Kvyat really did get his wings today:

12039630_959116704145290_250443752907967

12027765_523596921124425_290053951821296

I don't care what he does in his private life. He is a good and fast driver. I like his driving style, Turkey 2006 GP2 was a great race. But drop the whole Senna thing.

Kvyat really did get his wings today:

12039630_959116704145290_250443752907967

12027765_523596921124425_290053951821296

I crack myself laughing when i seen this one. Well done.

Red Bull are going to get nowhere fast with that d!ckhead Marko at the helm of negotiations with Ferrari.  The fact that Dietrich Mateschitz isn't involved in any of these negotiations is a telling sign that he's had enough.  Christian Horner is fighting for the survival of the team so it's up to him to pull the rabbit out of the hat, he should do a Ross Brawn and buy the team for $1, then get whatever engine he can for next year.

Yeah, the old billionaire would be present for all that if they were keen on staying? Never know, there is a great engine manufacturer in Austria. And cow worth would be cool to see back into it.

Not showing mb cars was fishy. Perhaps a punishment for not supplying engines?

I have always loved f1 but grow tired as of late. I'm a big fan of alternative series which are growing In popularity as f1 seems to slowly lose fans.

I don't understand the senna comparison. Totally not comparable. Cars, tires, tech, cheating etc has all changed in f1.

plus senna died before he could get to competitive team again, how can we know what he would have achieved..no comparison pain my humble opinion.

Hamilton is on top of his game I get it, but everything else has to be right too...team, car etc. I'm not as impressed by it. Watching senna keep an f1 on the fence was magic. No doubt he's the best hamilton there's been..

It's a pretty sad state of affairs when you barely see the race winner on the TV for basically the entire duration of the race and watch cars battling it out for 10th spot.

As in bad TV coverage or bad that the race for the win was over after lap 1?

Watching Hamilton and Nico feud is pretty funny. Nico tosses a cap, Lewis digs about gusts of wind and makes him sound like a diva that is tip toed around by the team. 

I really hope nico takes matters into his own hands in the final race. He's a very good driver but he seems to lack the ferocious bit that he needs in order to fight the number 2 trap.

We're in store for more of the same next year most likely. All these changes they are talking about will not come until 2017.  I would love to see Nico change his game up for next year. Too bad Ferrari lost both cars. 

As in bad TV coverage or bad that the race for the win was over after lap 1?

Both :-)

Mexico put on an amazing show, just a shame the race wasn't a little more interesting.  It looks to be one of the best tracks for fans and spectators, certainly up there with Montreal. I'm considering a little trip to Mexico next year - that's something I wouldn't have said before :-)