Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DSD vs. HPP Pedals

112 posts in this topic

I recently ordered an Accuforce wheel and decided I want to go all out and upgrade my pedals as well.  I have read a lot about the DSD and the HPP pedals and was wondering what the community thought of each.  I have clubsport V2's now and they are good but I am ready to invest in some high end pedals.  I just want the better of the two sets of pedals price doesn't matter.

I was in the same boat as you and I went with the HPP pedals. I wanted to get away from the load cell brake system and I'm glad I did. The hydralic system on the HPP's is very good and allows for excellent brake modulation when needed. I believe the HPP pedals offer one of the highest resolution on all three pedals which allows for a lot better control on the track. I can't speak for the DSD pedals but I highly recommend the HPP's.

I think I like the DSD from the standpoint that they're "real" pedals adapted for sim use. I admittedly haven't used any of them tho, sorry.

Dont buy'em with that in your mind you'll be disappointed...

Check out sim racing garage for a review of the HPP pedals.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT_50ZiRFWSm7oziV1OZloQ

Thank for all the feedback guys!  I was watching the sim garage review yesterday and had the pedals in my cart on the HPP site.  Then he gets to the part where he is actually driving with them and said he feels like the brake pedal feels a bit dead so I backed off.  I will do some more hunting today for more info and probably pull the trigger :)  Thanks again!

You doing it right!  The best oppinion to listen is from the one that have many pedals,wheels etc in hands. Only when compare between different brands you can say what is what. Simracing Garage helps a lot for this!

He also said you can use them and love them. He said for him they felt dead compared to what he has and loves which are the pro sim pedal. He has tried both of those plus the hpp, Tilton and a set from Italy. Keep asking questions and get a sense of what you are after. But it sucks not being able to try them in person.

The new HPP GT pedals look awesome and everyone who owns them so far are raving about them.  The HPP 2 pedal version I have is fantastic and are worth every penny, they are well built, look cool, are very adjustable, compact, have a brilliant heal plate design and are basically pedals for life.

The new HPP GT pedals look awesome and everyone who owns them so far are raving about them.  The F1 style 2 pedal version I have is fantastic and are worth every penny, pedals for life.

Hey UNKLE, Is the brake crazy hard to push on the HPP's? I know it has changeable bushings and I saw a video of someone using them in their socks so it didn't look like it but I keep thinking I'd read about some pedals where others were saying how hard the brake was to press and I don't recall which one's. 

B

Hey UNKLE, Is the brake crazy hard to push on the HPP's? I know it has changeable bushings and I saw a video of someone using them in their socks so it didn't look like it but I keep thinking I'd read about some pedals where others were saying how hard the brake was to press and I don't recall which one's. 

B

From what I have heard that seems to be the DSD pedals.

B

The default bushings installed (one black one orange) were much harder than the T500 pedals with Bodin Load Cell I previously had and surprisingly so.  But you quickly get used to the stiffer brake and then you end up preferring it because there's so much control.  I used to have to wear shoes but now I'm used to the stiffness and can race with just socks no problem.  If you intend to use socks I recommend the wide brake pedal option to reduce cramp in the foot.

If the brake is too stiff then you can make it softer by using the two orange bushings or you can make it extremely stiff by using the two black bushings.  With two orange I thought it was too soft and with the two black bushings it was rock hard - like it would break my rig or foot over time :smile:

So it's extremely adjustable the feel of the brake.

The throttle feel shouldn't be ignored either it was a huge improvement over my old pedals.

I think the HPP pedals tick the majority of boxes for the majority of racers, and anyone who buys them will quickly adapt to them and forget their old pedals.

The default bushings installed (one black one orange) were much harder than the T500 pedals with Bodin Load Cell I previously had and surprisingly so.  But you quickly get used to the stiffer brake and then you end up preferring it because there's so much control.  I used to have to wear shoes but now I'm used to the stiffness and can race with just socks no problem.  If you intend to use socks I recommend the wide brake pedal option to reduce cramp in the foot.

If the brake is too stiff then you can make it softer by using the two orange bushings or you can make it extremely stiff by using the two black bushings.  With two orange I thought it was too soft and with the two black bushings it was rock hard - like it would break my rig or foot over time :smile:

So it's extremely adjustable the feel of the brake.

The throttle feel shouldn't be ignored either it was a huge improvement over my old pedals.

I think the HPP pedals tick the majority of boxes for the majority of racers, and anyone who buys them will quickly adapt to them and forget their old pedals.

That is good to hear.  I have a set up Clubsport V2's and a set of t500 pedal w/ the bodin load cell mod currently.  I like the clubsports brake but hate the gas pedal.  The throw is way too long for me.  

I love the t500 pedals but have tried the bodin load cell for about an hour and it was so stiff with so little travel I just couldn't get used to it.  I may give those another shot before I buy the HPP's, especially if you feel like the HPP were even stiffer yet.  Time to do some calf raises at the gym to get my legs in shape!

I loved my Bodin Load Cell it was a cool upgrade.  It was the throttle that I had the real issue with on the T500 pedals.

That's funny you say that.  The throttle is my favorite part (other than being able to invert them) of that pedal set.

The new HPP GT pedals look awesome and everyone who owns them so far are raving about them.  The HPP 2 pedal version I have is fantastic and are worth every penny, they are well built, look cool, are very adjustable, compact, have a brilliant heal plate design and are basically pedals for life.

UNKLE - by GT pedals, I'm assuming you mean his hanging set?  I ask because Mark posted this pic around the Superbowl:

10635971_624947467610779_832491264937075

They look just like his normal pedals, so I'm not sure if he was just joking or teasing at something new.  The caption was: HPP's feeble attempt at water color painting? HPP's computer screen malfunctioning? HPP worldwide exclusive sneak peek of Project RX?