Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dirt 2 download

27 posts in this topic

Hi Paul.

Sounds like you get a key and you download it from Steam, so even though the game might not be listed to buy from Steam, it's still there. I believe I re-installed Dirt2 from scratch when I upgraded my race computer, since I had bought it, it was in my games list and I just click on "install" to download it. On the site you bought it from right under the "Buy Now" option it says.....

"Activation and Download via Steam. Full details will be specified in the email after purchase."

The other thing I don't care much for regarding some of the CodeMaster games, for a while they had went with "Games for Windows Live" thus you have to have a account (free) to windows live aka Xbox live to play the game. Grrrrr. lol

Take care

Regards:  >>>> Jack <<<<

Sorry Paul. I've never looked for mods for any CodeMaster titles, I actually run them in bonnet view, I always seem to crack the windshield and can't see a thing in cockpit view! LOL

Take care

its damn good fun either way...to relive this game from inside the car and with all this kit is amazing, looks very pretty too and the ffb is really good.   I decided against the xbox subscription, isit worth it, is there much multiplayer still going on?

Hey Paul; I noticed to late you had trouble downloading Dirt 2, but glad CaTaPulT could help you out! BTW is this game still running with GFWL?

I had purchased Dirt3 on Steam, but for some unclear reason this game won't start up anymore (.exe stopped working warning) on my new Game PC (windows 8.1)... Tried everything possible but gave up in the end and removed it from my HD!

I do however recall how great it was to drive Dirt2, and would love to buy the game again for PC, but I'm afraid I get the same issues as I had with Dirt3....

In any case; Good to hear you having fun!

Agreed, Dirt-2 is a lot of fun. I'm slowly in the process of re-playing all the Grid and Dirt series I have, currently playing the original Race Driver Grid and having a blast doing so, not playing everyday but when I feel up to it, at this rate, I should have that done by May! LOL

I would have to say at this time, I am turned off more realistic sims for the following reasons.....

Assetto Corsa is nice BUT lack of tracks I like is turning me off this title, yes, there are some of the tracks I like from the modding community but they don't support racing the ai, I can only hotlap for so long then it bores me to death.

rFactor-2 same thing, but even more so than AC, lack of cars and tracks with this title.

iRacing, this is a title with which I have a love / hate relationship, I'll run a season and then not look at it for months at a time, then I'll try again. Kind of odd but that's the way it is. Maybe iRacing is just too serious for me and not as much fun as I thought it would be.

I think the only sim I have that I still like to play is Race07, yes, it's getting dated, but it just works and works well.

As for the up coming Project Cars, that's one that I'll wait on, when Steam has it at 50% off on one of their weekend sales, I'll buy it, not before then. I'm not that curious about this title.

I think I'm at the point where I have to many sim / games to play that I don't know which to play anymore, a good selection is great but maybe right now, I have too many! LOL

As I've stated in the past, I'm not a die hard sim racer, I built a fancy rig because I wanted to but most of it was / is overkill, I barely use the button boxes, only use a sequential shifter (thus the H-pattern just sits there collecting dust), I barely ever turn on my ButtKicker Gamer II since I just can't seem to get the hang of getting SimVibe to vibrate only where I want it to.

LOL, sorry for the rambling on, I guess I'm just justifying to myself why I'm just playing Grid lately...... my conclusion..... it's just plain fun! LOL :P

Take care

Got over-exited when reading Paul's topic yesterday :mrgreen:  and purchased myself a copy of Dirt 2...

installed, everything worked fine with GFWL... started the game;

and what do I have; No force feedback.... 

That's the one thing I like about the Codemaster stuff, it all looks really good graphic wise. Even Race Driver Grid looks good by today's standards and that game is 7 or 8 years old?

The other thing I also like about their titles is the effect they have to bringing the sensation of speed, something I don't get from most other titles, they just make it so easy to do white knuckle driving due to the intensity of the games.

Take care

agreed...this looks better than anything recent codemasters have put out....and the AI arnt total dicks either.....gonna take a leaf out of jacks book and play this all the way through....here are my settings in game and for wheel.   100%saturation and zero deadzone on everything, ffb 80, 80,  20  (i always prefer codies games with low wheel weight)  csw. sen 500, ffb100, force 100, abs and shock 100, the rest off.