Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VisionRacers with Triple monitor mounts, 2 High end rigs, T500 pedals. Blowout prices. New pics added.

88 posts in this topic

Hello gentlemen,

I have several threads with items for sale in the coming days.  My inbox is literally exploding and I'm finding it hard to keep track.  As I've said, I'm going to a former Sim Racing center that went under on Saturday.  He has several VisionRacer VR3 rigs, all with triple screen setups.  Several T500 wheels with pedals, I believe he even has Astro headset kits for surround sound, just tons of stuff.

So that being said and for the sake of keeping track of all the requests, I'm asking folks to use the other threads to ask questions, and then come to this thread and post what you would like to purchase.  That way I have a first come first serve type of setup.

Now, this is all taking place in Connecticut.  If you're anywhere in the Northeast *NY,NJ,NH,MASS,RI,PA* it is totally worth it to make a day of it and take a drive to Connecticut to pick up some sim gear at drastically reduced prices.  If you're in the USA I will ship, but and this is important, I have to calculate shipping first.  Obviously for the VR3 rigs, this must go freight.  Freight is cheap but slow, but its worth it.

So this is the way it will work I'm hoping.  I'm going Saturday to the warehouse, see whats what, take pics, and haggle.  I will then post pics here and prices.

This is important, I need SERIOUS buyers.  I'm outlaying a lot of cash and can't have tire kickers leaving me high and dry with equipment I don't have room to store.  Everyone here knows me and knows I'm a stand up guy.  I will look over the equipment, ask the seller if it works, and give you my honest opinion.  I will try my best to explain any issues as explained to me by the seller.  These are AS IS sales, so no support or warranty is implied.

But that being said, the rigs are sure bets, the VR3 are super rigs and the custom rigs he has for sale are worth well over $1500.  So as far as the rigs are concerned you are pretty much going to get a great deal.  The biggest worry with any rig will be the condition of the seat cover.  No biggie really, you can get seat covers from VisionRacer for nothing.

The T500s are used wheel and pedal sets.  Now the T500 is a pretty robust wheel so I'm not too worried.  I will ask the seller if I can power them on but I'm not sure he will allow me to do that.  So, I'm probably going to sell those for very little money depending on how much I can haggle with him.  More than likely all the wheels work fine, but will have scuff marks and the like, who cares.  Its a T500 LOL.

So please, peruse my other threads, ask any questions in the threads for what ever equipment you're interested in.  Saturday I'll spend as much time as I can in the warehouse making sure I see everything.  Then come back to this thread and post what you want.

We will then calculate shipping if necessary and then you will paypal me the money.  I'm asking people to please send the money as a friend, so I don't' get hammered with Paypals ridiculous fees.  In the comments section post what it is you're sending the money for.

Guys, I am looking for local pick up guys first and foremost.  I work a regular job with an extremely long commute for about 50 to 55 hours a week.  this will make it difficult to get the time to ship, but I will try my best.  Obviously shipping wheels is easier so I'm more flexible on that.  but the rigs, these things will take time as I can only do that on weekends, so please be patient, especially at the prices I'm going to sell them at.

So......

1.  Check other thread, post questions in that thread, decide what you want.

2.  Come to this thread, state very clearly where you are, what you want, and how many if any.

3.  I'm going to give preference to local pick up guys first for the rigs, unfortunately, the rigs are big, heavy and storage is an issue.  I'm sorry guys I hope you can understand.  Unless I get some really good offers.  Even then you're going to pay hundreds less I'm guessing.

4.  Paypal money as friend, give me your cell phone number so we can speak over the phone, and we arrange pick up or shipment.

Hopefully we'll all get what we want.   :)

More pics.

these are the two custom rigs.  built like tanks and fully adjustable.  All you have to add is seat rails.

• These will take floor pedals and are already configured for inverted pedals.
  • Monitor stands go up and down and are fully adjustable side to side.
  • The steering column telescopes in and also up and down.  
  • Full Dbox ready, comes with the Dbox mounts!
  • Really, the best rigs I've seen so far.  He has all the parts for a triple 42" TV setup as well.  And we can basically custom make anything you want to add.

$975 for these is a steal.  A damn POS Playseat is $500 LOL

20150314_084958%20-%20Copy_zpsea6fgqed.j

20150314_085007_zpsbfntdtsw.jpg

20150314_085428_zpsix5oldlk.jpg

20150314_085816_zpscviodhx4.jpg

20150314_085823_zpsmtvq6mct.jpg

20150314_085345_zpsgfdwfeia.jpg

Keeping track and responding to PM.  Darin, can you increase my inbox LOL.

I'll split kits if amoung yourselves you can decide who gets the pedals and who gets the wheel.  For the VR3 I have one definite for the most part coming from long island, anyone else local who wants to pick up?  Please have monies ready gentlemen.  After I leave the warehouse I'm going to come back with prices dependent on how I can haggle.  He definitely has others who are interested so its a first come first serve thing.  I'd like to get most of the good stuff first.

thanks 

Guys, I've gotten like 80 PMs for Thrustmaster T500s.  Obviously, I believe there are only like 15 of these things.  Now out of those 15 I don't know what shape they are in.  I will not, I repeat, WILL NOT buy stuff I know will be a problem for my buyers.  If I think the wheels are shit, I won't buy them.  I will however buy the pedals since they tend to be more robust.

Now, that being said, how is the T500 for maintenance?  Is it easy to maintain and clean up?  The motor, can it be replaced.

Give me some advice on this wheel so that I can haggle tomorrow, any edge I can get to get the cheapest price possible.  If they can be maintained and refreshed I will buy all of them.  If they cannot I will not waste the communities time.

Now, onto the sim rigs.

He has 8 VR3s, all with triple monitor screen setups.  These are VisonRacers top of the line setup outside of the Dbox setups of course.  Anyone buying one of these rigs is getting now only a great rig, but one of the prettiest rigs there is.  Also, the VR3 driving position is PERFECT.  I'm not exaggerating, its a perfect driving position.  I have one for three years and its fantastic.  How many of you are interested in a VR3?

He has two of the super high end custom rigs with the adjustable steering column, seat, and super heavy duty frame.  these things are definitely local pick up only as I believe they weigh around 150lb!  Please let me know if anyone from Maryland to Maine is interested in one of the one of a kind rigs.  You can see them in my other thread.

I really hope tomorrow goes well.   

I had a T500 for years and never had a problem with it. Super easy to clean. Parts for it are limited now because of the t300 and TX being the new replacements. I believe you can still get factory new replacement parts from TM but you do pay a price. I sold the base to a member here around Christmas to help out but now wish I had it back for a good second wheel set up or if god forbid I ever by a ps3 or ps4 again.  I still have the pedals and will agree they are rock solid as is or even better with a basher mod or damn near perfect from what I have been told with a bodin load cell mod.

I hope this helps out. Price will all depend on the model. Remember there is the GT5 branded model the F1 model and I believe the standard t500 model. Of course if you are getting F1 t500 they sold for 700 plus new. They are also the ones with out the static paddle shifters. If the rims look to be in good condition it is almost a safe bet the internals are fine. If theses were mounted on higher end rigs you can also bet the bases are safe of abuse. I feel as a user the T500 was built like a German tank but worked like a M class BMW. Hope this helps you out a little

I am interested in a VR3 rig,but only if it comes with a shifter bracket,for me I can do without the seat and triple screen bracket.I can't commit 100% until we get the cost and shipping finalized this weekend.Having said that I would like to thank Mayaman for his efforts,I know this is a HUGE undertaking with not much money to be made :cool:

Thanks, I just wanted you to know that I am a buyer so I wont waste your time and I would like to get a t500 set up and I live in Washington state my zip is 98058, So please let me know what you find out, Thanks again.

Marty

Guys, the T500s are a bust.  All he had left was junk.  Not happy about this but nothing I can do.

I'm hopefully going to his other location to see the sim rigs.  5 VR3s left out of the 10 and the 2 custom rigs.  Really sorry gents but I can't control what something does with their own stuff.  Lets see if I can at least get the rigs. 

Guys, the T500s are a bust.  All he had left was junk.  Not happy about this but nothing I can do.

I'm hopefully going to his other location to see the sim rigs.  5 VR3s left out of the 10 and the 2 custom rigs.  Really sorry gents but I can't control what something does with their own stuff.  Lets see if I can at least get the rigs. 

I'd take a T500 wheel base even if it wasn't guaranteed to work -- never hurts to have spare parts, so if you could negotiate a decent price, I'd still be guaranteed to take one (or maybe even two if they were cheap enough) off your hands.

Thanks again for doing all this leg-work -- you're amazing, Mayaman!  :)