Dbox SRP230 4 actuator unit. Great price.

31 posts in this topic

I have available a Dbox SRP230 unit refurbished by Dbox for $4600 shipped anywhere in the continental US.  This unit come directly from my contact at Dbox and will ship directly from Canada.  International shipping is available but obviously will cost money.  But I've sold several of these overseas and the shipping is very reasonable.

for those of you who don't know, the SRP is basically a 4x unit that is encased in the plastic Dbox shells and comes with the platform to mount any rig you want.  this is a fantastic price for this unit.  If you want to see what it looks like mounted take a stroll to Gary Talls iRacing thread, he has mounted his to a Hyperstimulator with spectacular results.  I myself run an SRP unit on my HR chassis as well which you can see in my latest thread.

Mike Gallow has also purchased one of these from me over at iRacing and has posted pics there as well.  Let me know if you're interested in any other Dbox stuff, I can get you anything you wish as a Dbox affiliate.  :)

Or if you just have questions and want to know more about Dbox just PM me.

Great deal!  Wish this was available 2 months ago I could have paid for my accuforce with the savings.  A good reason to grab this besides price is Dbox will soon be putting the lower end "c" actuators in the srp units, so no more bargain 2250i actuators.

I already have one that is reconfigured so the actuators work front to rear instead of side to side and I can vouch for how good the DBox motion platform is.

It only requires a small footprint and provides more than enough movement in all four corners to provide great feedback and has built in tranducers for vibration effects. The best bit for me is that the wheel and pedals move in tandem with the rig the way it's meant to be. One bonus I wasn't prepared for is that in iracing at least it is now super easy to catch slides.

I already have one that is reconfigured so the actuators work front to rear instead of side to side and I can vouch for how good the DBox motion platform is.

It only requires a small footprint and provides more than enough movement in all four corners to provide great feedback and has built in tranducers for vibration effects. The best bit for me is that the wheel and pedals move in tandem with the rig the way it's meant to be. One bonus I wasn't prepared for is that in iracing at least it is now super easy to catch slides.

That's some very interesting information about the dbox making it easier catching slides. I wouldn't have thought that - cheers for pointing that out.

Mayaman, the price sounds pretty good. How does a refurbished unit compare to a new one? I assume they have been used commercially.

You know I got a bit of a mess with my TC-R1 d-box rig...disputing the whole transaction, no idea how that turns out.

Cheers

They are cleaned up and gone over.  These things are pretty bullet proof, been using mine over 3 years and it just keeps pounding away.  Remember, this is one of the last generation of SRP to actually have a 4250i commercial unit inside it.  That is what people don't understand, you have to scoop up these legacy SRP units before they're all gone.  The SRP120s I can get are also the robust actuators.  The new 4x SRP are the C actuators that are not meant for commercial use.  Don't get me wrong they're just as powerful and will do the same thing, its just they aren't rated to run non stop like 4250i actuators.  I think its 6 hours a day.  So that makes this even a better deal.  Thats a little unknown nugget for you.

Thirsty, this is a unit which was only used at demo shows for a few hours a day a few times a year, so as far as usage, its a lightweight.

Here are some of my thoughts on the srps after 2 months of ownership.  My units were reconfigured by dbox for front and back placement and I get plenty of movement, in fact I dont run anything over 75%. Setting the srp up is really easy as well. I received the srps, drove to Lowes to buy 2x3s and lag bolts for a frame to hold my rSeat rs-1 and 4 hours later I was up and driving!  I run it with simvibe and all the drivers work together without issue running iRacing, so if you plan on getting an accuforce wheel down the road it should all work together.  Now that I have the dbox I only use simvibe for gear grind effect and rpms.  I turn off engine vibs on the dbox as its to much for me. I was also very surprised how well the dbox simulates the rear tires breaking loose! It really feels like it breaks loose and its slides in the right direction of the skid which alerts you and allows you to catch many slidouts. I guess the combination of watching the screens and feeling the actuators trick the brain. I was originally going to get a simxperience stage 4 for the rear traction loss but my wife got me the rseat rig as a present (which I also wanted after Darin's review) so I went the dbox route expecting to miss the rear traction effect.  Not the case.  I also only run slide out setting at ~65-70%.  I'm now in the process of prettying up the rig with a piece of aluminum diamond plate.  Will post pics when done.

Thanks for the insights chippy.  These are things I've been conveying now for three years, its nice to see people coming forward with real world experience and opinions.  No sim rig is perfect but as you touched on, and I've said many times, your brain is the most important part of your simrig!  You have to get into the sim, want to suspend disbelief, and give your equipment its best chance to help you.  The right lighting, settings, and a good attitude are a great start.  There are just to many sceptics, many of who haven't even tried the technology bagging on this or that.  Internet LOL.

Here are some of my thoughts on the srps after 2 months of ownership.  My units were reconfigured by dbox for front and back placement and I get plenty of movement, in fact I dont run anything over 75%. Setting the srp up is really easy as well. I received the srps, drove to Lowes to buy 2x3s and lag bolts for a frame to hold my rSeat rs-1 and 4 hours later I was up and driving!  I run it with simvibe and all the drivers work together without issue running iRacing, so if you plan on getting an accuforce wheel down the road it should all work together.  Now that I have the dbox I only use simvibe for gear grind effect and rpms.  I turn off engine vibs on the dbox as its to much for me. I was also very surprised how well the dbox simulates the rear tires breaking loose! It really feels like it breaks loose and its slides in the right direction of the skid which alerts you and allows you to catch many slidouts. I guess the combination of watching the screens and feeling the actuators trick the brain. I was originally going to get a simxperience stage 4 for the rear traction loss but my wife got me the rseat rig as a present (which I also wanted after Darin's review) so I went the dbox route expecting to miss the rear traction effect.  Not the case.  I also only run slide out setting at ~65-70%.  I'm now in the process of prettying up the rig with a piece of aluminum diamond plate.  Will post pics when done.

I am doing the same after initially just mounting a plywood base and covering it in carbon fibre vinyl but I have always planned to screw some aluminium diamond plate to the plywood and fit aluminium angles around the edge for a professional finish.

The rear traction loss is very convincing to me and feels quite realistic as the tire loses and catches grip through the slide and the feeling is remarkably quite sustainable unlike a seat mover which is limited by the degree of movement it can achieve. I was beginning to think I was the only user who had experienced this as I haven't seen it mentioned in any other forum.

I think the DBox is the dark horse of motion platforms that is seriously underrated and really deserves serious consideration when choosing between other motion platform options.Their reliability and customer care is also outstanding which cannot be said for all.

Dam you guys are making it real tough to not buy this. 

What do you think of this 

Happy Valentines Day honey Look I bought you a DBox motion system for my uhh I mean our sim rig

They vibrate like you wouldn't believe so you never know, it could work for you.

I have to confirm about the catching slides etc. I have a 3 actuator D-Box that is from a cinema seat. Absolutely amazing, you can feel the tyres breaking away, catch slides etc. I love it!! Whoever buys this will be in a world of sim heaven!!

@SimChippy - how do you run SimVibe and D-Box at the same time? I asked this before but got no answer.

You need simvibe software and a dedicated soundcard and amp to power the tranducers and that's it. DBox works in isolation to simvibe. I was wondering if simvibe could power the tranducers in the DBox but haven't tried this yet. I assume it would cause too much interference.

Have you ever accidently set the DBox as your default soundcard. I did this and thought the DBox was faulty as it vibrated every time my pc booted up due to the windows into. I only use the DBox for engine vibrations and the simvibe for other effects.

SimVibe won't run the Dbox actuators.  SimVibe and Dbox software run in spite of each other, You just have to have the Dbox software open, it will automatically select the game driver from the directory of game drivers you've downloaded.

Rob-

D-box runs a program in the systray with the motion codes for compatible games on your system and Simvibe uses a launcher. I haven't notice any issues with both running at the same time playing iracing.  Of course you will want to tweak the seating so you get the best overall effect.  Technically once you get the d-box you really don't need simvibe for transducer effects but you will need simvib if you plan on going with an accuforce wheel.

I have to confirm about the catching slides etc. I have a 3 actuator D-Box that is from a cinema seat. Absolutely amazing, you can feel the tyres breaking away, catch slides etc. I love it!! Whoever buys this will be in a world of sim heaven!!

@SimChippy - how do you run SimVibe and D-Box at the same time? I asked this before but got no answer.

SickGames has backed out, the shipping to Austria was too high for his liking, understood.

So this bad boy is again available!  Grab it before its gone as its one of the last SRP units with a full fledged 4250i inside the cases.  After this one I don't know how many are left.

PM me with offers or for information.

The dbox software and simvibe run fine together.  The dbox driver automatic loads up into the systray at boot up and the game is launched with the simvibe launcher.  They both work fine together with no apparent adverse issues.

Another cool effect with the dbox is how it simulate the unloading of the suspension when cresting over a hill.  A great example of this is driving the Ford spec racer at lime rock turn 5 at the top of the uphill you can feel the rear suspension unload and the rear lift at the top of the hill. The effect is almost perfect.  If you have the car lined up and straight you can feel the unload at over 86 mph and the rear tires slightly slip, if the car is not straight you feel the unload and the rear come loose, of course resulting in a spin. I just can't get over how well dbox simulates this effect.