Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Episode 88: GT Awards Show Coverage at SEMA 2010

25 posts in this topic

In this Episode, we head to Las vegas to cover the 8th annual Gran Turismo Awards presentation at the SEMA 2010 trade show.

Jessica and Shaun follow Kazunori as he decides which car will be in Gran Turismo.

We also stop by iRacings booth and interview a few sim racers. One is a pro racer Brian Sellers and he talks abut his rig and experience as a sim racer.

That and some great footage of some of the cars on display at SEMA and even Ken Block doing a demonstration in his WRC car.

Hope you enjoy the show !

wow you guys looked like ya had a good time. when i first read the description i thought it was going to be another "meh" episode, but it turned out to be pretty cool. very unique thats for sure.

was the event held at the speedway? thought i saw what looked liked the frontstrech grandstands in one of the outdoor shots. but i'm probably reaching a bit. 8-)

all i know is that i now want a PS3 just so i can drive that Camaro.

Wow looks like a fun show! Thanks for sharing....downloading now. :D

By the way, hey Darin...in episode 83 where you guys do a psuedo review of F1 2010 for the PS3, you mention how it isn't the last time you will talk about F1 2010, and that you have plans to review all three versions on the Shabami scale. I was wondering if you guys still have plans to revisit the game and shamabi it?

Wow looks like a fun show! Thanks for sharing....downloading now. :D

By the way, hey Darin...in episode 83 where you guys do a psuedo review of F1 2010 for the PS3, you mention how it isn't the last time you will talk about F1 2010, and that you have plans to review all three versions on the Shabami scale. I was wondering if you guys still have plans to revisit the game and shamabi it?

We do.. it's coming soon.. we were waiting for the patch

I was disappointed in that Grand Tourismo awards, 3 Camaros and a Chevy truck?

General Motors buy this event out or something?

Not a single Mopar or Ford? Hmmmm, looks kinda fishy to me.

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

Hey everyone,

GT5 Review copies have been sent out. Did you guys at SRT get yours already?

When will you guys be reviewing GT5?

GT Community is awaiting your review :mrgreen:

Chris

My Sony contact is "out of town until the 22nd"

Not sure when we're getting a review copy..

do you guys have creative control on the length of your show?

would love to see an hour long ....or as close to an hour as possible episode on GT5 !!!

its a huge game, I think its going to take you guys a full day to get a real bite out of the career mode

Darin there is also some questions I have about the game if you can address them on that show .... what is the extent of the 2 player split screen, can you do that online? .... or just single player online etc. etc.

its the biggest release for the ps3 yet! ...the wait...the hype..... i think there is justification

do you guys have creative control on the length of your show?

would love to see an hour long ....or as close to an hour as possible episode on GT5 !!!

its a huge game, I think its going to take you guys a full day to get a real bite out of the career mode

excellent excellent EXCELLENT suggestion!!!!!! I agree with this 100%. Darin please make the Gran Turismo episode, whenever you guys get around to shooting it, at LEAST 2hrs long! i know you guys normally put out half hour shows, but please make an exception for this game. I want to hear you guys talk about every little detail about this game. From the car wash to the License test to the spectating mode. :mrgreen:

excellent excellent EXCELLENT suggestion!!!!!! I agree with this 100%. Darin please make the Gran Turismo episode, whenever you guys get around to shooting it, at LEAST 2hrs long! i know you guys normally put out half hour shows, but please make an exception for this game. I want to hear you guys talk about every little detail about this game. From the car wash to the License test to the spectating mode. :mrgreen:

Without the game, we can't do anything ;) .. The way it's looking, by the time we get it, there will be hundreds of videos from people that do have it on You Tube.. Our hands are tied..

Not really thrilled about even giving Sony a 1/2 hour after this kind of treatment.

Without the game, we can't do anything ;) .. The way it's looking, by the time we get it, there will be hundreds of videos from people that do have it on You Tube.. Our hands are tied..

Not really thrilled about even giving Sony a 1/2 hour after this kind of treatment.

I understand your frustration and disappointment! Sony ows actually everyone big time! Especially now for delaying the game in all EU countrie exept UK to the 26th of Nov. Royal :evil:

Still would be great if SRT could do a 1 hour episode featuring everything and testing all kind of wheels to see which wheels work the best... since there is a huge confusion/debat regarding the DFGT and the G25/27s

Regards

Chris

since there is a huge confusion/debat regarding the DFGT and the G25/27s

Heh, at least you guys with G25/27s get to use a wheel at all with GT5.My ECCI 7000 is an absolute no go on the PS3 :( Sucks as I'm gonna have to use the friggin' SixAxis pad :evil:

I'll wait a few months after it's out and get it at a discount or a used game store. I'm in no rush for GT5, wasn't impressed with Prologue and I know this is a different animal but I'm actually not that curious.

The main reason being..... a single PS3 doesn't support triple monitor setups (Eyefinity and so on), so, I'm having too much fun with the triple monitor thing and anything that doesn't support 3 screens is not worthy of my attention. I purchased RBR, couldn't get it to work on Eyefinity, un-installed it and haven't even looked at it. By the time the triple screen novelty wears off for me, I should be able to guy GT5 in a bargain bin at Walmart! LOL.

Take care

Even if it DID support triple screens, I wouldn't be interested... They'd have to take the Forza approach, which requires 3 XBox360's, 3 copies of the game, and 3 TV's or monitors. I'd prefer to build a PC for that kind of dough.

I'll just play and enjoy GT5 for what it is - a console racing title that is more "sim" than game vs.most of the other titles released.

I understand your frustration and disappointment! Sony ows actually everyone big time! Especially now for delaying the game in all EU countrie exept UK to the 26th of Nov. Royal :evil:

Still would be great if SRT could do a 1 hour episode featuring everything and testing all kind of wheels to see which wheels work the best... since there is a huge confusion/debat regarding the DFGT and the G25/27s

Regards

Chris

Update: we're supposed to receive our review copy on Monday the 22nd. If so we will release some short videos on our srtmedia channel and then our full review of GT5 will be out on December 3rd.

Even if it DID support triple screens, I wouldn't be interested... They'd have to take the Forza approach, which requires 3 XBox360's, 3 copies of the game, and 3 TV's or monitors. I'd prefer to build a PC for that kind of dough.

I'll just play and enjoy GT5 for what it is - a console racing title that is more "sim" than game vs.most of the other titles released.

The thing is you will need three screens for PC there's no getting around that..... But you can probably get 3 used Xboxes ($/£75) for the price of one new PS3 or A mid range Graphics card for your gaming PC then you still have to build a PC to a decent spec and worry about if your £$250 graphics card will cope with your 3 screen setup and game maxed out across them! While your Playing forza on three screens you can save some cash for the PC build then just plug it in along side the Xbox, then enjoy the best of both worlds (forza graphics/iRacing physics :D )

They all have advantages from what I can see....except the PS3 (a) it's expensive (B) GT5 doesn't seem to support multiscreen at the moment.

The other thing with triple screens on consoles is having to buy the game (if it supports triple screen) 3 times.

Average price for a new game here is $60.00 so times three equals $180.00. I don't need to play a game that bad LOL :lol: .

Take care

Well, I already have the triple screen setup for my PC, so no worries there!!! :D

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the XBox system doesn't always work as advertised. When Forza 2 came out, my brother was living with me at the time. In addition to supporting 3 system link up for triple screens, it also supports a 4th machine to be linked as a replay/TV feed. You can opt to just link that 2nd machine as the TV feed, and out of 5 attempts, we only managed to get it to work twice. :|

You can get that problem if you don't boot up the xboxes correctly, they all need to boot up pretty much the same time or the they won't register on the network properly.

The other thing with triple screens on consoles is having to buy the game (if it supports triple screen) 3 times.

Average price for a new game here is $60.00 so times three equals $180.00. I don't need to play a game that bad LOL :lol: .

Take care

That's cool... I feel that same way about some cockpit rigs.. $/£1000 for a Vision Racer VR-3 :shock: It's just a seat and some tubing :lol: