Quick, cheap, and dirty TX brake pedal mod
4 4

34 posts in this topic

@northernerdan - I'm also from the UK and have the TX on the way and I'm hoping to apply this brake mod ASAP. Could you share what parts you used as I'm struggling to find the exact parts in the UK.

Anyone in the UK managed to do this mod? I'm desperate to get the felt pads that Darin and Ashasha used but Lowe's have been next to useless in helping me. First they said all i had to do was use the online ordering form, then the UK wasnt listed as a viable destination, then I asked their Twitter account for help and they directed me to contact someone in their Cust serv dept, even gave me a ref number to help arrange delivery, finally after waiting for weeks for a reply, they finally got back to me and said that i'd have to have a credit card registered in the USA to complete the purchase!! Seriously? I'm at a total loss now. Has anybody sourced similar pads etc within the UK?

Thank you for this, Very helpful!

Only have 1/2 of the mod at this time, waithing on the other part to arrive. But even with just half, its better.

Can anyone address the calabation they use for this. Pcars and Forza?

I find in Pcars, I have to re-calabation, and only get to like 80%, seems to work Fine but wanted to know if others mash it harder to get to 100%? If I do, I cant get to full break, and is no good.

For me, on Pcars, I have found I need to recal each time I play.
 I have to get it to read %100 1st, then redo it to read about 75-80% is were I find it works best for me.

To get it to 100% is not easy, have to push very hard. If I dont recal, I cant get to 100% in game.

Great site...(gives me a lot of inspiration!)

This is my modification so far, for 2 weeks in use now and ..... :-) still happy with it!

I used the bracket from the conical mod, some old diy solder standard, diy spring, closing dop of a tube and another dop i found, some bolds and screws, and one little m5 screw for attachment to brakepedal.

Most important for me was;

- cheap

- no sounds

- no deadzone (like con.rub.mod.)

- adjustable springforce

- always the same feeling (without attachment to the brake pedal its moves on backend which also make sounds)

its my first message here and just wanna share my tuning on the bake pedal

Greetings J8W8

image.jpg

image.jpg