Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Assist Settings...

5 posts in this topic

When starting playing The Crew I immediately set the physics to "hardcore".  I wasn't totally disappointed, while it is far from sim.  So I drove and I drove... then I decided, why not try another setting.  Put it on "Sport" mode tonight... this game just became way more fun.  I really do like racing simulations... but this game and world lends it self more to a slightly arcade feel.  Lots of fun with the wheel, triple screens & sport mode enabled.

What are your opinions on the 3 different driving models?

Strangely enough, I still haven't tried the other settings... Like you, I immediately had set the physics to "hardcore" and never changed it;

but, now after reading your topic, I 'm also going to give the 'Sport-mode' a try this coming afternoon! I will let you know my opinion later on!

Thanks for the tip! 

i used hardcore, i turned the feedback down from full to like 1/4 and then adjusted some stuff on my t500 config, I think spring 5 and damper 0, and I love it, for me its awesome, I will try sport mode but so far its been great, I have it to the point where i can catch slides when going fast and to me that is something i cant even do in AC or iracing LOL 

I also jumped straight to hardcore. I have to say it took me a long time to even give this title a try because I'll admit I am a bit of a "arcade racer hater" but I have to say I am so glad I finally tried it. Man I have been playing for 4 days now and I have had more smiles and silly grins on my face than I have for a long time in any simulation title. I guess its nice to relax and just drive and not worry about all the technical stuff. It did take me several hours of playing to figure out all the setting and just figure out what was going on in general because there is so much to do and so many choices. I was very displeased with the ffb at first but after I applied the ffb fix file from Darin's Post It instantly felt great. I have my field of view dialed in as well and turned that irritating side to side camera movement off. I am an adult but I cant help but giggle a little every time I hit a hill, get airborne and then slam back down to the ground haha. Its just great! I'll have to try the other settings and see how they feel!

I tried 'Sport-mode' and to be honest; strangely, I noticed that the steering is slightly better then with the settings on Hardcore; I have more car/steering controle!

DjFIL thank you, for improving my 'The Crew driving experience!'  ;)