Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Damn Darin I just couldn't beat your Spa lap time!

21 posts in this topic

Had a real long session on Forza 5 last night.....Darin, your Driveatar appeared

in pretty much all my races!!!

then it came to Spa.....a track in which I thought I owned......but Daaaaamn

your Spa lap time is good....I tried for several hours solid to beat it....but it just wasnt

happening!! in my defence I was consuming

budweiser whilst trying to do it....and after several hours

I had a few empty bottles surrounding my rig!!!

but hear this Mr Gangi.....IT IS ON!!!! ;)

I WILL beat that time if it kills me buddy!!

Had a real long session on Forza 5 last night.....Darin, your Driveatar appeared

in pretty much all my races!!!

then it came to Spa.....a track in which I thought I owned......but Daaaaamn

your Spa lap time is good....I tried for several hours solid to beat it....but it just wasnt

happening!! in my defence I was consuming

budweiser whilst trying to do it....and after several hours

I had a few empty bottles surrounding my rig!!!

but hear this Mr Gangi.....IT IS ON!!!! ;)

I WILL beat that time if it kills me buddy!!

Oh oh !  A showdown !  What car was I running  ? I assume it's a rival mode lap. 

Hmmm, this just gave me an idea.  How about starting a thread on lap times based on either configurations i.e. pc or console, name of player, name of the game with no handicap assist whatsoever, type of vehicle, track, day or night and weather.  Guaranteed, this will hone our skills with a lot of participation and endless amount of practices to say the least.

Include video for proof and I can see this turning into something very entertaining.

Edit: One thing I forgot, BRAGGING RIGHTS!!

post-14186-0-22521300-1421608572_thumb.j

This baby!!!

I was running the 1970 series Grand Prix at various tracks and your

drivatar appeared in pretty much every race I was in!!

but when it came to Spa....I like to win!! and win I did....but at the end of the race

you get a leaderboard appear which tells you where you are in the world as

apposed to your race challenger...

which was yourself!!! and you were a few seconds quicker than me!!

need to practice on those 2 'S' bends.....theres one just after the long straight (after eau rouge)

and the other is Les Fagnes......I think I could maybe shave a second or so going through those!!

Hmmm, this just gave me an idea.  How about starting a thread on lap times based on either configurations i.e. pc or console, name of player, name of the game with no handicap assist whatsoever, type of vehicle, track, day or night and weather.  Guaranteed, this will hone our skills with a lot of participation and endless amount of practices to say the least.

Include video for proof and I can see this turning into something very entertaining.

count me in on that :)

YES YES YES YES....finally beat you buddy :)

Running the Lotus E21 @ spa

I then beat Fermit007 who was my next challenge after you!

now I've gotta aim for a 1:50:xxx to beat my next rival (Justonce68)

YES YES YES YES....finally beat you buddy :)

Running the Lotus E21 @ spa

I then beat Fermit007 who was my next challenge after you!

now I've gotta aim for a 1:50:xxx to beat my next rival (Justonce68)

Wait a sec.. what happened to the McLaren ?? I started running some laps there the other day and it's a beast going up Eau Rouge. Now I need to get the Lotus out I see ;-)

Oh oh !  A showdown !  What car was I running  ? I assume it's a rival mode lap. 

He (Mr. Fangini, that is) probably had some "Redmond visitation" knowledge (we won't say cheat cause he prolly got it from a deep conversation with some Forza QA geek)...  :mrgreen:

Wait a sec.. what happened to the McLaren ?? I started

running some laps there the other day and it's a beast going up Eau Rouge. Now I need to get the Lotus out I see ;-)

Hahaha.....well I went into rivals mode instead to do it properly......I selected the 'X' class and it was the Lotus E21 @ Spa where you were my rival!!! The only other track you came up as my rival was Silverstone....., but yeah you're right, the mclaren is a real handful to handle!!! But I will certainly come back to that ;)

Oh.....and watch your mirrors @ Silverstone buddy.......that's next ;)

I was also wondering about this challenge so I had a go last night with quick tune tinkering.

The car certainly requires different driving techniques.  Using the stock tune, I was struggling to break 1:51.  Softer tire pressures, lower wings, slightly lower bump damping, and lower than stock differential (ridiculous A100/D100) corrected some of the understeer.  

Downforce is certainly strong with this one.  I turned the aero almost down to minimum and the car was hitting 203mph+ on the straights with no huge drop in cornering performance (Eau Rouge was not a problem and the big double apex left hander entry had to be precise but full throttle all the way)

1:48.782

Most difficulty I'm having is downshifting so fast during braking and 2nd gear acceleration in/out of the pit straight using the controller.  

Maybe some more gear tinkering if my time is threatened . . .

Good luck to all of you!

That's fast with a pad GRD!! I can understand how it must be hard to downshift fast on the pad ,paddle shifting is dead easy but that last corner is definitely a test of patients easing the power on, think I need to tweak my aero to get into the 48's