Bailey's MoTeC Button Box - Using free ROCCAT Power-Grid app
11 11

64 posts in this topic

Thanks guys.

Here's my "Nite Glow" version for Assetto Corsa. Since most of AC's keyboard shortcuts are set by the game - key functions have already been assigned. 

Instead of having 10 Turbo values/buttons (0-100%) on a small tablet grid I created 5 Stages. Chose the button assigned to the percentage of Turbo you want available and add it to grid. I would probably never use more than 2 during a race but hey, someone might change it more often. :-o

TIHf8Tv.png

You can change the color of the button by changing the background overlay color. Removing it will render the button blue (like the Turbo Stage Buttons). 

Once again, my grids are Landscape only and are not guaranteed to be free from mistakes. lol

J7XdL9J.jpg

Color changes applied....

K6bxmIA.png

Download Assetto Corsa Grid with Nite Glow Buttons

Bailey

Edited by lopsided

Fellows,

Help an old guy out.  For the life of me, I cannot get a version for iPad.  iTunes will only let me d/l for an iPhone......which I am now droid.

Sure want to get this to work.

Thanks folks,

cthiggin

@Albert Thanks :) - I use a lot of distortion to cover the mistakes. lol

@Catapult.... Thanks Jack, you can now go back to your Cheetos and soap operas! :) Hope retirement is treating you well friend.

@cthiggin I don't have an iPad so I'm afraid I do not know the answer, perhaps someone else does though.

@MJRL I "think" (cue smoke) that if you were to use another app to force the screen to rotate your grid would end up looking like a little column
down the center of your landscape screen with blank space on either side. This is just my hunch.

Strange I had an earlier version on my iPad but I can long longer find it!

I authored and published an iRacing buttons setup.

This is the link for the iPhone version

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/roccat-power-grid/id663679239?mt=8

Note Apple developers get to choose which Countries are allowed to download it.

Hi Steve,

I just cannot find a link that does not take me straight to the iTunes App store...........and the app shows available for iPhone............and will not allow d/l to iPad...........go figure.

Thanks

I'm sold on having a digital button box for AC and possibly R3E. Buying a tablet to use a button box. If anyone have any recommendations for a cheap 7" Android tablet on Amazon for under USD$100 please let me know. Will also need to find some way of mounting the tablet to a GT Omega wheel stand.

I will definitely design better buttons at some stage. 

Bailey!!!!! That is outstanding work!!! I love it and you have just solved a problem I have been pondering for a while!! I have been thinking how to implement the button box that is used in the British Touring Car Championship that is made by PI Research:

post-14388-0-69128200-1421404234_thumb.j

I was thinking of making a real button box but this will allow me to make it look exactly like the real thing!!!

Rob

Bailey!!!!! That is outstanding work!!! I love it and you have just solved a problem I have been pondering for a while!! I have been thinking how to implement the button box that is used in the British Touring Car Championship that is made by PI Research:

attachicon.gifNGTCButtonBox.jpg

I was thinking of making a real button box but this will allow me to make it look exactly like the real thing!!!

Rob

Hey Rob, That's great. BTW, I've got the same picture saved, when I was designing the buttons I had considered that look as well since I've stared at it so long in WTCC. :)

B

UPDATE:

Hi folks,

I opened the ROCCAT site on my iPad browser - and low and behold, I was able to d/l the app to the iPad....

I haven't worked with it yet, but it opens fine and has the connect etc. waiting to merge with my pc.

Guess I got real lucky on this one.

Just want to let you know it was "doable" for me.

UPDATE:

Hi folks,

I opened the ROCCAT site on my iPad browser - and low and behold, I was able to d/l the app to the iPad....

I haven't worked with it yet, but it opens fine and has the connect etc. waiting to merge with my pc.

Guess I got real lucky on this one.

Just want to let you know it was "doable" for me.

Old people rule!!!! :) lol

Glad you got it working ct

old-lady_driving_large.jpg

Here are a few images of the button grid I made for iRacing last year, the button plate is scrollable to give access to lots of functionality. Which is available for download from the Roccat library. Just search for iRacing.

I checked again today, everything does work fine with iPad.

post-3377-0-88050200-1421444615_thumb.jppost-3377-0-06060600-1421444626_thumb.jp

Thank you Bailey, it was a fun little graphic design project.

I shared this on iRacing forum but the whole concept got very negative response from the hardcore button box users. I think it's a cool concept and if you don't own a button box or have enough buttons on the rim it's ideal because it FREE.

If your a serious hardcore sim racers, this may not be for you. One of the issues with this is you don't have tactile feedback, so a quick glance is required.

If you race to have fun and have access to a tablet it's worth the effort because it's a very cool looking accessory. Thank you for bring this to everyones attention... A great writeup.

Thank you Bailey, it was a fun little graphic design project.

I shared this on iRacing forum but the whole concept got very negative response from the hardcore button box users. I think it's a cool concept and if you don't own a button box or have enough buttons on the rim it's ideal because it FREE.

Steve, That's because tablets are hard to use when wearing fireproof gloves and the FIA does not permit us to cut the fingertips out. A physical button box has tactile feel so it's easier to use when wearing a dark, daytime visor that could otherwise inhibit seeing a tablet screen.

I just hope the Rift is adjustable enough to fit over my helmet.

LOL

B