Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Forza Motorsport 6 Announced

20 posts in this topic

Turn 10 and Microsoft announced that the debut of Ford’s all-new GT in will be in Forza Motorsport 6. They also announce it will be available to check out in June at E3 this year and I'm looking forward to being there to see it first hand !

http://www.isrtv.com/forza-motorsport/forza-motorsport-6-announced/

Boxshot_norating_Forza6_XB1_Front_RGB_v1

Since FM5 was so rushed for a new console and still has problems that they've never fixed, I'm hoping to see a big improvement with FM6 given they've had this extra time.

im not getting my hopes up this time.

FM5 was a big let down, esp due to lack on cars/tracks and taking out features from previous FM titles. But saying that i am still playing it on a daily basis 

I'm getting my hopes up!!  I must be in the minority, but I actually enjoy FM5, sure, not as much as say 3 or 4 - but it's a good game and I can wait for 6.

Forza series has gotten better with every iteration, sans the 5th, so like others, I'm hoping that FM6 gets back on track, er, no pun intended.

Hey Jason (GRD 4 3L)!!

@barryf1fan, yes, I recognized your name!  Have you checked out RIDE?

No doubt we still enjoy FM5 (I still play everyday!), but just not getting too hyped about what T10 will actually deliver.  I'm sure it will be great and entertaining but I do not believe it will address all of the issues and shortfalls of FM5.

With PCARS looming over the horizon FM/T10 need to pick-up their game and innovate big time.

The sad reality is that I can't see Microsoft throwing all the money into licensing a load of new cars or tracks for FM6. They will likely include some old favourites (Maple Valley and Sunset Peninsula, both license free) as well as a new track that will show off the new weather/night dynamics. I would expect it to be New York as not only was it in Forza before, but it also has the bright lights of the big city to show off the new game's updates (expect lots of shots of puddle reflections of the neon lights in Times Square). 

Personally, I would prefer it to be Tokyo, but as Forza and Xbox One sales have all but died in Japan, I can't believe they will worry about conquering that market when the PS4 is so dominant. With worldwide sales of the Xbone falling way below expectations and both Forza 5 and Horizon 2 selling less than half of their predecessors, Turn 10 and Xbox are in a sorry state at the moment. 

I took the release of xbox one as an opportunity to switch to pc, and therefore never drove Forza 5.   If Forza 6 proves to be a good title, I'd definitely giive it a shot. I sure enjoyed forza 4.

I hope they improve the handling of the cars when all assists are off , I think Forza 5 handling is horrible and even worse with a wheel. I know these games are supposed to be simulations but you can't tell me a McLaren handles like it does in Forza I would take it back to the shop I I had one.

I am pretty certain we are going to get a better game for a money this time around. I believe that Forza 6 has been in production since Forza 5 and if these whispers are right then we should be in for a fantastic game, that and I have heard its with a better engine but again nothing confirmed just yet. 

I just hope what ever they give us builds on what we have already taking a lot from Forza 4 and inspiration for the likes of Project Car's with the Forza stamp on it. Items that are a must are weather, split timers and been able to have a full simulation damage race. Among a whole list of features we all want :) 

Forza 6 has to be a better title in many respects.

1. They have to make up for FM5. While I love the game and still play it even though I own all cars and have won all career races, a lot of fans were let down by the lack of content. 

2. ProjectCARS. This is a massive release this year for the console sim racing crowd. Forza 6 will be compared to PCars more than GTwhatever in my opinion because its on the same console.

They have no choice but to pull out all the stops and make a title that will put all other racing titles on the Xbox One to shame. 

I think they can do it. Turn10 knows that the fan base hasnt been happy. They monitor the community more than any other title I have seen. Lets see what happens.