Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Crew Long Distance Drives

15 posts in this topic

I was driving around in the crew after the PSN DDoS fiasco; I got a random invite for a co-op mission. At first I thought it was the usual quick lap. It was my first introduction to the "Colorado Crawl". It's an hour long drive from the east coast to the south and culminates in the Colorado mountains. It was by far the funnest event I've done in the game so far. Even when I fell into 7th place, by that I mean the grand Canyon, I was having a blast. If you have this game, get out of the cities ;this game really shines in these long stretch missions.

I drove from Detroit to L.A. , then to Miami , then to the Big Apple. The game is massive and I love the long roads. I like the fact that no matter I didnt follow the sceanario with missions in Detroit - entire map is open for exploring.

I have to try this now that they've fixed the ffb on the consoles. Went for a drive the other day and had a blast, looking forward to some long cruises in full stock. 

In the beta, after finishing the 1-2 required missions, I drove from Detroit to Seattle (city I've visited/driven many times) and then down the coast and up to Vegas.  Seattle was amazing, there was so much familiarity, even in it's compressed form.

Now with the full version I decided to drive east instead to NYC and now down the coast, currently (last night) stopped in DC.

The world they created is the best part of this game by far.

Hi, 

thank you for the story! You're right this game seems to shine outside of cities, I feel like I won't get tired of this feeling of "infinite roads" :) This remember me a bit of Smuggler's Run back then on Playstation 2, you were a transporter carrying shipping of stuffs like cases, boxes, etc (well they didn't really said what was inside after all), and the main point of this game was a map of about 20km x 13km, you were just able to free roam everywhere without any barriers even during missions, with various types of vehicles (civil ones, sporty ones, full off-road ones, a monster truck and also an armored one). This was an awesome experience.

I feel like The Crew is the modern expression of this type of game, with everything made a lot better and with lot more possibilities. 

Ditto, just got this on the steam sale (wasn't gonna pay full price after the Beta feedback I read), been a bit of fun so far, reminds me of test drive 2.... though I am only 3-4 missions in..

I got it bundled with my graphics card and have been having a lot of fun with it. Mainly trying to get through the story mode (with the heavy rubberband AI) before digging into the multiplayer. I do find myself sometimes just cruising around for the fun of it.