Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your First Sim Racing Win - Post it Here !

27 posts in this topic

Great topic.

Mine was on Grid (PS3 at the time), The car was a Chevy Lacetti (WTCC) and the track was Okutama on a public server.

I lucked out and managed to get away from the pile ups at the beginning of the race and was clear sailing all the way.

Earlier that night, I was in 1st place for the majority of the race on the same track and I had about 1/4 of the last lap left to go when some crasher was hiding behind a bridge pillar and came out as I was running at full throttle and I had no where to go but to T-bone him which wrecked my car, yes, this was done intentionally, he just sat there waiting.

The next race, I made it my mission to take this guy out so others could race in peace. He finally left the server and the rest of the night was a lot of fun.

My first win was a exciting moment for me, even though it was just Grid and was just a 3 lap race, but I kept trying so hard to win previously to no avail, the first time was sweet. LOL :D

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

My first win online was in PGR3 at the Nurburgring (F1 configuration) in the Ferrari F50. I won the race, despite some moron who kept blocking me and running me off the track every time I tried to make a pass - Literally! He kept saying things like "No @#%$'n way I'm letting you get by me!" and the like. After catching on to how he was anticipating his moves, I faked him out and passed him on the last lap as he tried to slam the brakes so that I'd rear end him while trying to draft him on the back straight. It didn't work, hehe.

I think that my most SATISFYING "first" win had to be my first iRacing win, in the Solstice at Lime Rock. Funny thing was, I was running 3rd, about 1.5 seconds behind the leaders, who were literally side by side for practically the entire lap, lap after lap. The side by side racing resulted in my actually being faster than them, but since I saw trouble brewing, I made sure to stay at least a second behind (I had about 8 seconds on 4th). Sure enough, with 3 to go, the two leaders collided hard enough through turn 4 that they both went into the tire walls while I threaded the needle between them. They were STILL writing nasty text messages to each other when I crossed the finish line, lol... (Not many people used headsets when I started iRacing)

NASCAR Racing 2003 Season in a 20 lap shootout at Daytona. it was a long time ago so i can't remember much about it. i think there were 4 or so cars behind me that i beat to the line. i was lucky enough to not get wrecked and was able to work my up to the front somehow. that was back when pick-up races were pretty awesome.

when I beat F-Zero on Super NES .... damn that was hard

I mean when I finally conquered the game ... Master level or something that had to be unlocked and KING league all tracks 1st place and broke all the records on all tracks

I also have fond memories of playing my friends in Need For Speed 1 ... on PSX

as far as racing with a wheel ..... beating richard burns in the RBR challenge on all the tracks was quite a challenge.... i don't think i've got him yet on the tarmac one though

just started iRacing but seems like it will be years before I have a win in that game :0

SIgned up to Iracing today, or well yesterday (looking at the clock) after taking delivery of my new steering wheel. Had some messing around practice at lime rock in the mazda mx-5, then i thought why the hell not, lets try a race. First race didnt go too well, and an (small to be honest) accident involving another driver resulted in him outright blaming me and being angry about it over voice chat, we were side byside going aroind a corner, from his point of view he had the "inside racing line", from my point of view he made a mistake resulting in me having to overtake him on the outside of the corner, his back slid out and i crashed into it, taking us both out, temporary. Was a bad experience and i sat in the pits for 4 laps thinking over what had happened, we were fighting for 2nd position.

Second race and this time i put in a qualifying time, putting me 2nd on the grid, kept myself safe and just tried to keep myself consistant, avoided quite a few different accidents with cars that i was lapping who seemed to fly off or crash into each other just as i came along, all went well until the last lap while lapping another car, trying to be cautious but he moved over while we were side by side, either trying to defend (while being lapped?) or unaware, caused me to spin out and slightly damage my car but it was the last lap and i was able to hold it, kept it together until the end of the lap to finish the line..

As i passed it said 1st!, so i am guessing at some point i must have passed the leading car, i'm guessing he had an accident at some point, even with my crash/spinoff on the last lap i had a 14+ second lead over car 2, quite pleased with that result, first win on my second race. My safety rating also went up which was nice, as i had lost some in the first race.

The Mazda MX5 is a great car, really enjoyable.

My first online race win was at Rouen-Les-Essarts in a Brabham BT24 playing Grand Prix Legends. I didn't actually qualify very high up but was lucky enough to survice the 1st corner crashes :D

The best part was coming around the first corner on the second lap and raising my drivers arm at all the crashed or stuck cars :lol:

Sadly it was all down hill from that moment on lol.

just got my first iRacing win in the Mazda cup a few days ago!!

It didn't take 'years' after all .... I got it on Laguna Seca, damn that was a tense race because I got out in front early and had to 'not mess up' for the whole race

well I messed up ... droped it into first gear instead of 3rd and spun out...then had to recover and regain the lead to win it....

I also was able to run my first perfect race on Lime Rock with no track offs etc.... I wasn't exactly pushing it but I did come in 2nd

I too got my first iRacing win about a week ago, like you, I too had the lead early due to others having a incident that I managed to get around and lead the race pretty much the whole way, most of the time having a 30 second lead on the 2nd place person. It was a win but a boring one and yes, agreed, I was telling myself the whole time...."don't mess up, don't mess up" LOL.

I had a couple wins that were very intense and a lot of fun, kinda down to the wire and these were a blast and much more rewarding, these were all on the MX5 club car on Laguna Seca.

I also ended up getting a "D" license, this is something I'm not too happy about, since I think I got this prematurely just because I got lucky a few races, avoided the beginning of the race collisions and came in 1st. Now I no longer get to race with the people I was having fun with as a Rookie and I'm racing against guys that are a lot better than me. I wish I could have stayed as a Rookie till I was ready to go on in the licensing dept.

As for LimeRock, no wins there, that is one track I do poorly on for whatever reason, maybe because I don't like the track (I find it boring?) but for the life of me, just cannot do well on that track.

Take care

Regards: >>>> Jack <<<<

Was so proud of my 1st win after years of on and off sim racing I made a video of it. Sim Stox league F2 stock cars mod at the Dutch Sexberium shale track, I'm the 904 car. In fairness its a difficult track for the better drivers (starting at the back of the grid) to make their way through but I'm still happy :lol:

In case anyone is wondering the car that starts in front is a lap down, the final winner starts at the front of the grid a lap down in the last race of the night in F2s

I dont know my first win but it was probably on Monster Truck Madness, or Big Red Racing back in 96 maybe? Those were the first racing games I ever played online ( dial up lol ). here is a video NOT ME, but this brings back memories lol I played the shit out of this game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnIHA-C-z_s

Recently I havn't been playing online except with all my friends. Just started iRacing and got a 3rd in my second race. Guess I should post back when I get a win since those other games arnt really sims? ( back then though does it matter? )

My first win was yesterday after a bit more that a year in racing it was on iRacing the field strenth was very low and it was also my first race with 0 Inc, so I was suprising for me as well maybe ill get ill or something :D

Any way very happy about it

Eli

First iRacing win came at Charlotte Motor Speedway Road course in the Spec racer Ford started 7th and slowly moved my way upto 2nd by lap 4. Made a mistake and dropped back to 3rd but then the guy in first had an off and i was promoted to 2nd again. Followed the lead guy expecting to take a good 2nd place until he had a big off and ended up down in 5th. Held it together and finished 1st by 11 seconds i didnt post the fastest lap but i was more consistent than almost everyone else.

My legs were like jelly for the last few laps :lol:

My first win was in iracings carb cup at Charlotte i started in i think 7th and was moving up in spots and quickly made it to first the dude in 2nd was racing really hard trying to pass me he started bumpping me ( my guess is b/c safty rating isnt afficted) and ended up spinning out causing a huge reck behind me i ended up winning with the 2nd place dude 2 laps down :lol:

My first win was back in 2006 on Colin McRae DiRT. I was driving the Citreon C4 WRC on the UK Rally. I had been rallying through about 18 starges I think and I was in second place going into the last stage. I was behind by 2.5 seconds and I thought that if I wanted to win it, I had to push it. So I did, I got into the second-to-last checkpoint and I was less than 0.1 seconds behind the leader. I came across the finish line. I sat there and waited. My computer was running very slow and I waited, and waited some more. Then it came up with the results board. I had come first! I could hardly belive that I had managed it.

The second win I took was on WTCC 07, I was driving a 2006 Cevrolet Lacetti. This was now mid 2007. I was racing at Brands Hatch. I did qualifying and I didn't do so well, 14th on the grid. So, when the race began, I had a lot of work to do. After a few laps, I had lost some places but then an accident occured. It was a 5 car pileup. Once I had got into the final few laps, I was in 3rd place. I was driving out of my skin. I was finally on the last lap and I was not far behind the Seat Leon and I went into the last corner and I just crusied past him and I crossed the line. When we went back into the lobby, I asked the person what had happened. He said this: "my engine died! stupid spanish cars, they always break down :("

I have had several amazing victories since then. I hope to see some of you on the racetrack very soon! ;)

My first win isn't a win technically, but to me mentally. I started in 8th place in Iracing at lime park in the Mazda MX5 cup . I finished 2nd -.517 off from the leader in the final straight. This to me is amazing and indeed a win. I only fell off the road a little in one part making the run nearly perfect. I got +.58 irating which IS enormous to me in the rookie rating.

Just finished winning my first iRacing race with the Legends at South Boston. Started 5th. Didn't make a qualifying run. Was nice and clean the entire time. Was in 4th by turn 4 of the first lap. Passed the 3rd place guy, who was taken out by the 4th place guy behind me. I don't remember what I did to get 2nd... The leader was taken out by a lapped car right in front of me. Was pretty funny, actually :).

Here's a screeny of the win:

iracingsim2012020219200.jpg

Here's a screeny of the session results afterwards:

eventresult.png

Time to give the Mazda Cup a try.

my first win online in a racing clan was V8 Supercars 3 on ps2 at Adelaide street circut was awsome beating 36 other guys (6 seperate rooms) buy a fair margin. really miss v8 days :( my most satisfying was second place actually at Hidden Valley was alot against me that race, not pace but people.

my first win came in rFactor. beat all 28 people! Was in 2008 F1 sauber bmw car, at.... somehwere.... I was soooo nervous! But i won by 10 seconds ( somehow ) But it was awesome!

Then i went to Peugeots 207 S2000 and took a few months to get a win in them.

Now i run my own team ( www.sbsimtechracing.webs.com ) and i got my first win for us in the GT5 TTS championships in my first race for us :) I havent had a rfactor win in long time as iv moved to endurance racing. Just had my first win in TGP series in F1 2011. So iv won in every game i had! woop woop.

visit my website please ! www.shaneburkeracing.webs.com , www.sbsimtechracing.webs.com

Thanks!

I bought my 1st PC in 1995 and Papyrus Nascar racing was the first software I bought and installed on it.I next got Nascar 2 and 3 but never managed to get online.I used to read everything I could find about the people using Hawaii to race with their 56.6 modems and wild warp rides.I picked up a new PC,broadband internet,Nascar4 and fumbled online a few days later and won my 2nd or 3rd race ever online at Bristol.I thought it was going to be easy. :oops:

Nascar 2002 came out and I joined a league,BellStar Racing.The first year I hit everything but the snack bar.The second year I qualified for their Daytona 500 by winning the last chance qualifier,finished 4th in the 500 after leading on the second to last lap,went on to take the division title that spring winning at Bristol again and finishing in the top 5 near every race.That first league win was very special.I still remember how good it felt reading all the WTG's in the Forum the next day.