Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Crew ExtraConfig.XML for Force Feedback Tuning

11 posts in this topic

For those of you that need this file, I've included mine for you here. I will also be posting a video on how to create it either later today or tomorrow.

Place it in C:\Users\SRT Race 5\Documents\The Crew (Change the user name "SRT Race 5" to the name of your PC) or just navigate to "My Documents" and then "The Crew" folder and save it there. Right click on this file and "Save as" and then point to that folder.  

ExtraConfig.xml

If you want to edit it after you download it, right click on the file and click "edit". Notepad will open and you can tweak it there. 

Here's my video about it too !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pkNWFwcDgU

Thanks Darin! Can you share your t500 ingame settings with the Thrustmaster profile too? The extraConfig.xml, I put it with the config.xml?

Thanks

My pleasure !  Yes, you keep the config.xml too..

In regards to the T500 settings. These are mine:

I leave the overall strength at 60%, constant and periodic on 100%, spring at 0% and damper at 5% . I leave the auto center on "Let game adjust"

Is the file generated from the settings in game ? I mean do they have any effect on this ? I plan on using one for G25 and The Crew of course that I recently aquired. 

Any tips for G25 settings ? 

Darin can you tell us what you changed from "default file" ? if its only FFB ? or you modified all settings in this ? 

Thanks a lot !!!

Is the file generated from the settings in game ? I mean do they have any effect on this ? I plan on using one for G25 and The Crew of course that I recently aquired. 

Any tips for G25 settings ? 

Darin can you tell us what you changed from "default file" ? if its only FFB ? or you modified all settings in this ? 

Thanks a lot !!!

These are the settings that the devs created. The "ExtraConfig" file doesn't exist with the default install of The Crew. 

These are the settings that the devs created. The "ExtraConfig" file doesn't exist with the default install of The Crew. 

Since english is not my native language sorry if I made myself missunderstood. I know the file is not shipped with the game and the game does not create it automatically. I was refering to the settings inside this XML file that are applied in game (the game is ready "extra" settings from this file) on top of the settings for FFB that are already there. I think the game uses some hardcoded default values for these extra settings but they are not presented to the user in any readable format like INI or XML. 

My question that I was trying to ask is: Are the settings in your XML file the ones that the DEVs realeased it with ? or is it hard tweaked for T500RS which is a pretty different wheel from my G25. I'm looking for a "pure" file to start tweaking from and I dont know or understand all the settings in the XML file so I'm afraid not to mess up FFB in The Crew even more than it is :)

Anyway sorry if I cant make myself clear :) the language barrier seems to be a problem for me from time to time ...

I will watch the video again and maybe I will understand more about the extra settings.

Thanks !

Since english is not my native language sorry if I made myself missunderstood. I know the file is not shipped with the game and the game does not create it automatically. I was refering to the settings inside this XML file that are applied in game (the game is ready "extra" settings from this file) on top of the settings for FFB that are already there. I think the game uses some hardcoded default values for these extra settings but they are not presented to the user in any readable format like INI or XML. 

My question that I was trying to ask is: Are the settings in your XML file the ones that the DEVs realeased it with ? or is it hard tweaked for T500RS which is a pretty different wheel from my G25. I'm looking for a "pure" file to start tweaking from and I dont know or understand all the settings in the XML file so I'm afraid not to mess up FFB in The Crew even more than it is :)

Anyway sorry if I cant make myself clear :) the language barrier seems to be a problem for me from time to time ...

I will watch the video again and maybe I will understand more about the extra settings.

Thanks !

Those are the settings that the devs posted in their forums. I've heard from others who have tried it and they say they are working great for them as well. You should be able to use it without problems and tweak it fro there. 

Inside Sim Racing has become my favorite sim racing youtube channel! Just Wanted to say thank you for posting this video. Been playing the Crew since it came out. And those adjustable parameters in that Extra Config.XML file make it 100X more playable with the Thrustmaster TX! The Force Feed Back was way too strong before,(FFB is almost non existant if lowered any) making it nearly unplayable with the wheel. This little XML file saved The Crew for me. So thanks to the Darin and the Devs of The Crew I am drifting around corners and blowing through the game with my new Wheel!

Hello, first post.

Just to say, thanks for the settings..!

Play iracing a lot, everyday..

Tried the demo of The Crew on Steam, loved it.

Good fun..!

No stress..

Hey, iracing can be a bit stressful at times..

The Crew is fun.

Thanks again.