Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Gear test track

14 posts in this topic

For Dear friends,

Does anyone know if any sim out there has a decent version of the Top Gear test track? Also, has anyone modded the Top Gear car, ( a Suzuki Liana ) ? I'd love to be able to have a go at the 'Star in a reasonably priced car' lap.

I really would like to see this track in iRacing

after playing that game for only a week.... it would be a great to test out cars on

oh wait.... iRacing doesn't have many cars

guess I'll just wait till GT5 comes out :D

I really would like to see this track in iRacing

after playing that game for only a week.... it would be a great to test out cars on

oh wait.... iRacing doesn't have many cars

guess I'll just wait till GT5 comes out :D

Then try to find a decent race online with it ;)

Not sure how racing would be on the Top Gear track. I'm not a fan of figure 8 racing.

GT5P is dead now, but when GT5 is out and the Japanese (as well as the rest of Asia) get involved you will have plenty of competition, assuming the game allows for worldwide racing.

Surely it would be too dangerous to run a race on the top gear track in real life, and the same would go for Iracing, i cant see them scanning it for just testing.[/quote

Not necessarily for testing. The Top Gear show is either franchised or broadcast all over the world and that track is now pretty famous. Also the fact that celebs compete to do a quick lap on it makes it a hugely popular choice for something similar in the virtual world.

I have tried an rFactor version and it was awful, It was like driving a racing game in 1989. Graphics were so bad that I actually got lost. I'd love a decent version of this track so that I too could compete in the "Star in a reasonably priced car" slot.

I have an Rfactor version of the track, and its pretty good once you learn how to run it, the track does actually look that bad in real life you know ^^. The reason you cant race on it is because it crosses over in the middle, figure of 8 as someone already said, so you use the same part of the track for 2 different sections of the lap.

It would be cool for hotlapping but i cant see Iracing scanning a track for hotlaps.

Surely it would be too dangerous to run a race on the top gear track in real life, and the same would go for Iracing, i cant see them scanning it for just testing.

It's a shame that they don't have a wrecking league with figure 8s on iracing. It might be too jarring though to have the two styles next to each other though. I can just see someone coming from wrecking and forgetting where they are in a regular race and ruining things for everyone.

WTF were they thinking putting the Top Gear track in GT5 with no reasonably priced car?

..... I'm dumbfounded

but your right this track is so popular its probably one of the most known tracks in the world especially to non-racing fans

iRacing should definitely have this track .... it would be so fun to try to see how fast you could go in a Suzuki Liana ...

they could have races in iRacing with this track.. just not with 12 cars.... more like 4-6

... it would be fine for races with a fewer cars... who cares I just want to play it in the most accurate form possible and that's iRacing, the one in GT5 doesn't look impressive at all

I think it would be cool to just post times with a specific car as a hot lap feature for GT5. Just pick some car, like the pontiac vibe or whatever, and start a hot lap competition. "Sim-star in a reasonably priced sim-car" or something. Perhaps they could be posted on the hot laps section of the insidesimracing front page.