Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Crew: Better FF and overall wheel controle (CSWbase v1)

8 posts in this topic

When I first started driving The Crew, a couple of days ago,  I noticed that in the in game FF settings were extremely heavy, so I moved the slide almost back to the left.

After doing so the FF was kind of allright, but I still noticed a kind of uncontrolled heavy shaking on my wheel what made me worried if my wheel could take this the long term.

So after some days of trial and error I came to the conclusion that I have better FF and less uncontrolled shaking from my wheel now in The Crew using this settings.

Note: I have the Fanatec ClubSportWheelBase v.1, CSPv2, CSS1.5

I did the following:

I went back into The Crew Ingame Options Settings, and moved the FF slider al the way back to the right - yes the highest setting possible!

On my wheel I changed the FF from 100 down to 50, Sen on 900, Sho on 100, For on 100 and SPr to 50. Al other on wheel settings are OFF.

From that point on, I noticed a very big positive change in both the FF and the heavy shaking. Next to that I noticed I have a better overall wheel control when turning corners and on straights.

Also drifting goes very well now!

I hope other Fanatec wheel- (and maybe also other wheel-brand) owners can benefit from this information - Happy driving - cheers, Rob  ;)

Tried it with your settings but felt nothing. Turned FOR from off to 100 and it is perfect. No more heavy shaking. Thanks! After much changing of SEN I much prefer around 600 for the road. 

Tried it with your settings but felt nothing. Turned FOR from off to 100 and it is perfect. No more heavy shaking. Thanks! After much changing of SEN I much prefer around 600 for the road. 

Sorry, but I made a mistake about the For; This setting was NOT on OFF; this also should be on 100 - just corrected it! Great to hear you also had an improvement with these settings!

Sorry, but I made a mistake about the For; This setting was NOT on OFF; this also should be on 100 - just corrected it! Great to hear you also had an improvement with these settings!

Thanks for posting this and the other settings. I am using both of them. I was enjoying the game but this makes it so much better.

You should take your advice from this thread http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/15959-the-crew-force-feedback-extra-tuning-pc-version/

I did it and it made the FFB feel a lot better !  I may do a video on it as a matter of fact. 

A video would be really nice ! I'm thinking about buying this for the landscapes and basic driving part. I've seen your review on The Crew and I'm not really sure if FFB matches up to my expectations, but since this discovery I might think again at buying The Crew.

I am still wondering why a product can be released with no rear view mirrors and FFB a little messed up for PC. (king of the wheels).

Darin how is the FFB compared to RaceRoom for example (the basic settings in game) I've seen your video about RaceRoom when you said that games should have a good FFB settting from begining and man you were right about that !

Cheers.

These settings are on piont for the fanatec v2 base as well im playing the crew on ps4 with this base with a csl wheel rim these settings are great the only thing i changed was sen to 540 degrees of rotation i think anything betwen 540 and 900 work great with these settings any lower then 540 is a nightmare lol anyways thanks the settings still work in 2016 version the crew wild run