Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Modding Tutorials

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys I've been scouring the web for hours now looking for some tutorials on how to mod cars in AC. Let me clarify: I have found millions of vids on how to insert an existing mod into AC but that is not what I am looking for and I already know how to do that. I want to create my own mods from scratch. I'm not interested in tracks just cars. I am very computer literate and I know my way around a file system so it should come fairly naturally to me. One thing I have noticed is that AC's in game cars are missing a folder called "data" which contain the file structures and text files to adjust and change performance and physics details. What I would love to do is copy an existing car in the game and play around with its structure as a trial and error changing various things. But without that data folder I can not do that. I have seen a few videos where people have adjusted the stock version of cars (like increasing torque by increasing boost etc.) but I cant find where it is located. Like it is hidden or something but apparently it can be found since people are doing it. However the people who are doing it are not saying how they are. So if anyone knows of a tutorial or can just explain it to me I would love to start adding my own creations into the modding community. Thanks!

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/assetto-corsa-car-modding-tutorial-1.11422/

Try editing the demo car formula k thats why it's there... unless your really just looking how to cheat online as it seems...

No i actually do not race online at all on assetto corsa. All of my time online is taken up by iRacing but i could see why you would think that. I have indeed played with the formula k car but i want to steer away from the race cars and more towards stock variants such as the bmw m1 and cars alike. Sounds like you are a modder that doesn't want anyone else to be able to cheat or know your secrets since we are accusing people of things and all...

That was a joke of course. Thanks for the reply!