Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G27 givaway.

197 posts in this topic

I actually dont have a setup at all but that would help get me started and cut most of the cost for a wheel and pedals. Only thing I've got is an MSI laptop that I use for Steam games but I plan on building 2 PCs, one for iRacing and one for streaming, but one of the biggest costs will be the wheel and pedals. The picture shows basically what I've got. It's not much for someone with basically nothing for a budget.

post-22363-0-38181400-1417468990_thumb.j

Hey Steve!

im glad to have finally joined i kinda have been surfing this site for about a year now. i am trying to get mostly into iracing but i also have a nostalgic affair with Richard burns rally since it was the first game i ever played with a wheel when i was about 12 years old. i also like the looks of rfactor2 so i will probably get into that down the road. so naturally im am looking for mainly pc. i am a HUGE F1 fan and if theres any recommendations for a good F1 sim i am all ears because right now i play F1 2011 on my ps3 with a controller :(  

This would honestly be the best thing that ever happend to me if i won. I have recently got into sim but unfortunately because of the cost of getting a quality setup I have been using a $60 wheel and petals. I live in ontario and have a passion for cars.

Welcome to the forum chainedmobius and pbourie

Where in Ontario do you line PBourie? Post a picture of your setup...

Bluedevil21 Richards Burns Rally and all the mods make excellent sim, but tough one to master! I have a love and hate relationship with it, I love it because hard work to run a fast stage time, I hate it because it requires real dedication and focus, I travel on business 4 days every week, so sim racing for me is just weekends.

Codemaster F1 series is great fun to drive and to make you feel like a great driver. Simply great entertainment. But for me iRacing provides the most driving satisfaction, I often spend time just hot lapping. Over the last six months I have not had enough time to prepare for online racing. I really like the way the cars feel to drive in iRacing. Assetto Corsa and Project Cars are coming along nicely and showing promise...

Heres mine.

Im not under 16 though.

20141103_125148_zpspn9fzjzv.jpg

That looks like something out of Battlestar Gallactica. So clearly you must be an alien? No wait. You must be fighting the aliens? ...and running low on steam, err... feedback. So, that must mean you need help. ...or just sympathy?

You're right, Paul. This is hard!  :geek:

...back to Netflix and Season 3 of "Continuum" I go (so I can focus on more important post Battlestar Gallactica thoughts).  ;)

Hey there everyone, my name is Curtis, I just recently signed up to these forums as I've decided to finally build my sim racing setup. I'm 20 years old and have been trying to get into PC sim racing for a long time, but not having a proper computer or proper funds haven't allowed me to do so. I am finally getting a new PC this month and I would really love to get into iRacing, ever since it came out I have been following it and watching there professional series , and watching other iRacing videos religiously, I am a passionate car person and I have actually done a bit of racing in real life. I am looking to build a rig out of wood, (pvc rollcage mockup), I also need to buy a proper monitor because the only things that I have is a 17' monitor and a 20' tube tv(lol). With the costs of starting completely from scratch, a free wheel would really help me in terms of getting things going quicker, I may use my xbox 360 controller when I get my PC, or wait until I can afford a good wheel, currently the best "sim racing" experience I get is Forza 4 with an xbox 360 controller on a 20 inch tube TV. I can post pics if need be, I live in Ontario, Canada ..

Cheers guys! Hope to see you soon on iRacing

Just to let future sim racers know.

I will make my final decision. Friday Dec' 12th, if we don't receive great candidate from Ontario, Canada, then I will open up to other Sim Racers willing to pay for shipping and consider removing my age requirement.

Two people stand out at moment in my mind...

Optional extras...

All metal wheel stand included for $35 if the winner wants it or one of my G27 button plates $30 ready to receive SLI-M (Sorry does not include the SLI-M circuit)

I will take some photographs on the weekend, when I get home.

Blue devil 21 The computer requirements really depend on the sim you want to use and the screen resolution you choose to play. Iracings or codemaster products need a humble pc and graphics card. Project cars and Assetto Corsa require a much higher specc' graphics card.

Here is a sample pc config

Intel i5 processor

8 gig memory, 16 is better and more future ready.

NVidia graphic card GeForce gtx series

600 watt power supply

Start off with single monitor setup. 1920*1080 ideal...

Most pc's built in the last 3 years are good enough to get started. Many modern laptops are good enough for 1280*1024 resolution.

If you have a little money saved, Another forum member has a great gtx 670 for sale on the forum, which is the same as mine. $175 cdn. This will run triple screens 5760 * 1080 resolution and any sim.

Paul and I just spoke and we both chose the same person at this moment in time!

So let me be clear this is not a guaranteed give away its requires a social interaction on this forum. We get to know each other! I need to want to give you $150+ dollars worth of my sim equipment it's not a tax deduction or business marketing promotion. It's a gift from one sim racer to another.

I need to see a passion to win that's all!

Yea I would definitely like to get triple screens eventually but not right away. I think my laptop could run iracing for sure since it has a Radeon graphics card 1tb hard drive and 8gb ram but I don't know if the graphics card is hefty enough for assetto corsa... I guess trial by fire is in store...

Yes, you can have lots of fun with single screen and a laptop. Project Cars & Assetto Corsa "should" run if we turn down the quality levels. I started with good 5 year old laptop, then bought console then built PC.

It's a one thing at a time process. You can waste a lot of money if you buy everything first and then decide you just don't have the time or commitment to race every week.

Sim racing visual eye candy is really great, but not required to learn car control & tracks. 

hello, i did have a g27 and three monitors, but recently gave that up because of job loss, well, a buddy of mine wants me to come back to iRacing, but i have no wheel! :(  i would gladly love a g27, and race with just one monitor for right now!

do whatever you wish!

i will pay for shipping AND a free month of iRacing.

here if my setup with soon to be wheel!

post-7466-0-63735500-1417707231_thumb.jp