Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G27 givaway.

197 posts in this topic

Decided I am never gonna use my G27, tried a few title's on my old ps3 and the truth is you just cant go back, So to anybody starting out that got a crappy wheel or is even using a pad then I am gonna hand mine over,  all you got to do is post a pic of your set up and the guys will decide on which is worst.... :-| I can ship for free to anywhere in U.K but if you guys across any ponds want to pay shipping then have at it. ps. wheel and shifter only, and a DFGT does not qualify as a crap wheel.

Nice - great idea :)

Decided I am never gonna use my G27, tried a few title's on my old ps3 and the truth is you just cant go back, So to anybody starting out that got a crappy wheel or is even using a pad then I am gonna hand mine over,  all you got to do is post a pic of your set up and the guys will decide on which is worst.... :-| I can ship for free to anywhere in U.K but if you guys across any ponds want to pay shipping then have at it. ps. wheel and shifter only, and a DFGT does not qualify as a crap wheel.

Methinks that qualifies for the pay it forward storage challenge, no?

Need some storage, Paul?

Lemme know...

...or if you want to double down, maybe we could go together and give a kid a wheel AND some storage for that first sim rig (set the hook, as it were).

...or if we wanna make this process (to complex for our own good) maybe we could ship a collection of bits to someone (for assembly) and then ship it off to @Darin and have him auction it off (figuratively speaking) to a young one that could use the leg up. (that's probably to hard to coordinate but it's a thought that may percolate none the less). If we go to this extreme I'd be willing offer up the following elements (to the larger picture):

1) 256GB SSD;

2) 1TB spinner (one of the spinners from the storage challenge ... so);

3) 660 watt Zalman Gold HP PSU.

PS - Still to this day I remember two things from my childhood... 1) picking out my Dad's Fiat off the dealer lot (he later told me I had some "silent" coaching but when I was a 4 year old kid I had no clue ... I just thought "the blue one" was the best one) and 2) getting to sit on my Dads lap (at the age of 7 or 8) and drive his 914 home (just like that kid in the video) ... that car later became my first car and arguably the reason I started autocrossing/racing (though I'm sure there were other influences). To this day, 40% of our conversations revolve around cars in some manner (I thankfully still have my Dad to share life's experiences with).

I thought I would bump this thread with a video that appealed to me... A little boy on his dad's knees playing Richard Burns Rally.

Wow! Just wow!

I thought that video was so, so awesome (and it is, of course). Then I went and read the comments underneath. Oh. My. Gods! Is that what people talk about when they basically disavow YouTube's comments sections? The hate in those comments was insane. Even the one kid that thought driving was cool still had nothing but hate to post.

Wow? Just wow?

thanks for the offer curv but I have everything I need, but feel free to add to the pot...although it seems giving stuff away aint as easy as I thought it would be... :-|  but I am sure somebody who is deserving and in need will poke there heads this way at some point.

thanks for the offer curv but I have everything I need, but feel free to add to the pot...although it seems giving stuff away aint as easy as I thought it would be... :-|  but I am sure somebody who is deserving and in need will poke there heads this way at some point.

Fair enough, I guess that taking initiative to get a photo in first and trying to help a friend get this wheel (who is someone that actually has a crappy wheel, duct-taped headphones, etc.) despite not having the story Steve wanted (David's a diehard Kasey Kahne fan but didn't want to lie or make up a story when he doesn't really have anything like that regarding a story of 'passion') just isn't good enough :???:.

Want proof of passion? Ok Steve, I'll volunteer it myself to show you guys that neither of us are phonies. When I was about 7 years old, I saw Jeff Gordon's VHS 'One in a Million' that covered his second Winston Cup championship in 1997 and was immediately a fan. It wasn't because Gordon was a winner but his demeanor and attitude on and off the track that really moved me. I have been a die-hard Gordon fan now for over 15 years through thick and thin - it was absolutely heartbreaking seeing him miss the Chase in 2005, losing the championship in 2004 and 2007, and I admittedly ended up cursing at the TV when Keselowski drove through him at Texas this year only to smile when Jeff ended up fighting him after Brad looked away when he was talking to him (even though I don't promote violence, Brad was absolutely asking for it) and then call him a dips**t on live TV after keeping clean language for his 23 year career. That passion towards a driver and a sport has also driven me as far as racing stock cars as the majority of my online sim racing and you know what? That has also driven David as a Kahne fan just as much and that is how we actually met - racing stock cars online. 

that pic is good enough for me mcusa....I just think it would be right and proper to hear from the guy who wants it in person and not from a buddy of my brothers wife kinda deal...who knows it could be the only pic posted so he could still be in with a shout.

MCUSA, I really appreciate that your trying to help a friend and taking the time to post your passion.

I offered my G27 for free as a way help a young sim racers and to get to know a young racer in Ontario and because I also have a collection of stuff which is too heavy to post which I'm happy to donate to the right person.

If I just wanted to get rid of the G27, I could put it up for sale and the transaction would be done and over with. But no personal satisfaction gained...

curveto. I did not read the comments with this video, when I first posted. For me it was nothing more than Dad having fun with his little boy and I was surprised how well the little boy could control a car for his age. A modern version of my young experience. Nothing at all wrong with a Dad teaching his boy to drive.

curveto. I did not read the comments with this video, when I first posted. For me it was nothing more than Dad having fun with his little boy and I was surprised how well the little boy could control a car for his age. A modern version of my young experience. Nothing at all wrong with a Dad teaching his boy to drive.

Oh yeah, no. I wasn't upset about anything. I LOVED the video (and the kid and his Dad). I was just amazed at the reaction (I was expecting just the opposite ... i.e., thumbs up, go Dad go!, etc.)

The video was awesome (and thanks for posting the link).

Understood, it's amazing how some people can turn a positive parent interaction into a negative.

I think sim racing is great for teaching eye, hand and feet co-ordination and help improve reflexes. This guy "might" be a bit young but he was enjoying the experience with his dad. Awesome...

damn wish i would have gotten that pic at the blood bank i had 2 hd die on me this week with a wd disk tools code 7....

and that baby..i think i see a next gen Collin being groomed....

edit:

i forgot about this though....and i couldnt find the other post...(BBQ tip: Home depot homer buckets make great brining buckets)

i smoked 4 turkeys for thanksgiving and made 2 for the local church for the homeless thanksgiving dinner and 2 for us of course....here are those 2. 12lb and a 10lb,brined for 8 hours and smoked for 6hrs roughly....

post-20232-0-73713600-1417394570_thumb.jpost-20232-0-94059000-1417393941_thumb.j

Understood, it's amazing how some people can turn a positive parent interaction into a negative.

I think sim racing is great for teaching eye, hand and feet co-ordination and help improve reflexes. This guy "might" be a bit young but he was enjoying the experience with his dad. Awesome...

It looked like the son was totally into things (notice he was grunting and making commotion when the count down was ticking off). If ever there was a racer in the making it was that kid. He drove pretty damn well too! I thought it was awesome that 1) dad helped with the shifting, throttle and brake and 2) had the presence of mind to adapt and "help" his son learn (he slowed things down when they needed to be slowed down and he sped them up when they could use that too).

Awesome video...

Wish I had a sim and a Dad like that (though my Dad is pretty awesome in his own right) when I was 3...

damn wish i would have gotten that pic at the blood bank i had 2 hd die on me this week with a wd disk tools code 7....

and that baby..i think i see a next gen Collin being groomed....

edit:

i forgot about this though....and i couldnt find the other post...(BBQ tip: Home depot homer buckets make great brining buckets)

i smoked 4 turkeys for thanksgiving and made 2 for the local church for the homeless thanksgiving dinner and 2 for us of course....here are those 2. 12lb and a 10lb,brined for 8 hours and smoked for 6hrs roughly....

attachicon.gif20141126_213622.jpgattachicon.gif20141127_024429.jpg

I still have plenty of disks to give away to slackers who can't manage to push a button on their phone when the needle is injected. ...or they're paying for some random person's Latte.

All weekend I've been letting my laptop and (stand alone) SATA duper wash them all (so now each has a nice, fresh, NTFS partition labeled "empty"). The last one just finished about an hour ago.

Like Paul, I've found it almost impossible to give <censored/> about, scratch that... to you guys. ;)

Even though you were supposed to post those pix in the other thread, I guess I'll let it slide. ;)

PM me and we'll exchange address details...

BTW - Are you invoking the Canadian and/or ROW (limiter) sub-rule? The others may want to know...

Hi Paul,

Just want to start off by saying thank you for giving us this chance. I am a 22 year old college student and have been trying to get into SIM racing for a very long time but due to money I have not been able to get myself started with a rig. I actually finally just got enough money for a seat and bought myself the fanatec csl seat but have nothing to play with once it gets here and for that I am asking to consider me as one of your options for whomever gets your g27 and I also promise if I do receive it that when it comes time for me to upgrade I will hand it off to another person who is looking to get started with SIM racing. Here is a picture of what my rig looks like right now...

Hi SergioCarr, I can only speak for myself. Yes,this post is real.

I'm serious I would like to help a young Canadian sim racer and will give away my used G27 and pedals which are in a perfect working condition. I no longer use them and would like to give them to someone who has a real passion for motor sport...

My rules

Live in Ontario, Canada

Be a young sim racer with a passion for motorsport. (ideally less than 16, but some flexibility will be given to a good candidate...) 

Must agree to NOT to re-sell

I really don't want to ship because I'm considering including a wheel stand

The sim racer receives

G27 wheel

G27 pedals with nixum mod

The cost to the sim racer

$0.00

The benefit to me

I help out a young person with a passion for sim racing

I still have plenty of disks to give away to slackers who can't manage to push a button on their phone when the needle is injected. ...or they're paying for some random person's Latte.

All weekend I've been letting my laptop and (stand alone) SATA duper wash them all (so now each has a nice, fresh, NTFS partition labeled "empty"). The last one just finished about an hour ago.

Like Paul, I've found it almost impossible to give <censored/> about, scratch that... to you guys. ;)

Even though you were supposed to post those pix in the other thread, I guess I'll let it slide. ;)

PM me and we'll exchange address details...

BTW - Are you invoking the Canadian and/or ROW (limiter) sub-rule? The others may want to know...

they wont let you take pictures in the room where you give blood, to protect others im assuming.and i looked for the other thread i just coulndt find it or remember what it was called. and what do u use to write zero's