Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

G27 givaway.

197 posts in this topic

Decided I am never gonna use my G27, tried a few title's on my old ps3 and the truth is you just cant go back, So to anybody starting out that got a crappy wheel or is even using a pad then I am gonna hand mine over,  all you got to do is post a pic of your set up and the guys will decide on which is worst.... :-| I can ship for free to anywhere in U.K but if you guys across any ponds want to pay shipping then have at it. ps. wheel and shifter only, and a DFGT does not qualify as a crap wheel.

can i post for my son who is using a Logitech momo that is 9 years old....and a Xbox controller because the wheel sometimes just stops responding during a race..then he has to unplug the wheel do a peace dance so he don't throw it against the wall

edited for spelling....

I'd pay for shipping if you'd ship all the way over here to illinois.

I built a little enclosed rig a few weeks ago and had to return my thrustmaster tx after 2 or 3 days so now I'm stuck with a rig but no wheel. Also don't have a desktop PC, so I have to play any PC games on the wife's laptop lol.

I have a good friend, David McConnell, who has been racing for quite a while with pretty minimal equipment including an old Xbox 360 Mad Catz wheel. He's done a lot with what he has, has been an awesome person to race with and is someone that I can vouch for anyday as someone that truly would deserve this G27 set being offered. I don't have a racing rig photo yet but should within the next couple of days so stay tuned!

Update, photo attached on bottom post but I'll post it here as well, yes there is NO desk mount and that computer was given to him by another friend many years ago:

10392400_10152840292212822_1015430737310

Christmas season is just around the corner. I also have a G27 which is no longer loved and needs a good home. Show us your passion for cars and racing...

So let's open this good will offer, a little further to young a Canadian living in Ontario because this will be a personal exchange. I'm hoping the young person will sign up for 3 months iRacing account and get out of rookie class in that time to show us you have real commitment to online racing.

Must be under 16 and have a love cars...

Thank you Paul this is a great idea...

Christmas season is just around the corner. I also have a G27 which is no longer loved and needs a good home. Show us your passion for cars and racing...

So let's open this good will offer, a little further to young a Canadian living in Ontario because this will be a personal exchange. I'm hoping the young person will sign up for 3 months iRacing account and get out of rookie class in that time to show us you have real commitment to online racing.

Must be under 16 and have a love cars...

Thank you Paul this is a great idea...

Hey Steve, David ISN'T under 16 (nor is a Canadian - he's in Texas and 26 years of age) BUT loves cars and will probably do the latter two (thanks to a 3-month iRacing account I got for him on Ebay for like $7 a while back and driving skill I have seen firsthand). He's been wanting a G27 for quite a while but hasn't been able to afford any wheel beyond his countless years-old Mad Catz Xbox 360 wheel - I'm really committed to trying to finally help him get one as a thanks for all the help he has given me as far as paint schemes, setup help and support since I have started racing online. I'm not sure if you would consider him eligible for this one (or not) but I thought I'd ask anyways. Also, if it means anything, I might personally be able to help (some if not all) with shipping for either yours or Paul's wheel.

UPDATE- photo here, that computer by the way was given to him quite a while ago and yes there is no desk mount (I didn't even know that before seeing that photo!):

10392400_10152840292212822_1015430737310

and if your a scumbag and your looking too take this stuff were putting up and flog it on ebay then beware....because we will find you....and then we will kill you...neeson style..

AMEN - hate those sort of scammers when there are others that could really use something like this. Also, thanks Steve for the reminder, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL!!!

Wow this is kind of you Paul. I would take a picture of my ps4 and my ps4 controller to state my case for the g27 but obviously console incompatibility makes this nonsensical to do.

And Steve I don't know if 21 is considered a young sim racer but I've been saving up for my first wheel for a while since I joined here. Can't wait til the day. Funny you mention 16 years old with a passion for cars though because it made me think of Max Verstappen doing donuts...so the passion for cars definitely can exist at that age haha.

As for my vote, I vote for MCUSA obviously since he's the only one who has shown the initiative to post a picture.

Let me start my process...

I have a picture of me aged about 4 years old standing on my dads knees with an enormous steering wheel, pretending to drive the car in the garage. Mum said this was our ritual when Dad got home from work, we would drive the car into the garage together... Car passion can start at any age..

I come from a family without much spare cash, dad was a truck driver and he had an triple carb Saab two stroke which sounded wonderful.... Dad bought me an old car from the scrap yard which had a serious engine fire at the age of 14! My mum went mad about bringing this burnt out car back to the house...

We spent hundreds of hours over the next 3 years repairing, rewiring, spraying and building a rally car together. I very proudly took my driving test in this car, two weeks after my 17th birthday. The examiner said "your taking your test in that" with a very concerned look on his face! We both climbed in to the bucket seats with 3 point rally harness, roll cage and stop watches on the navigators dash. I can still hear the sound of the weber carbs... And the examiner saying "this is a first for me!"

We completed the Driving test, and he said that I did well. But felt he must fail me just to keep the streets safe a little longer! I was devastated!

I'm not expecting silly tales like mine, just a hint of passion and genuine interest..

ClayKeeDee you pass my passion and dedication test with 166 posts on this forum!